Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 08-18-2009, 09:01 AM   #31
CodeRedDVd

We delivered everything on time to our distributor, so not sure why many on line retailers are backordered. Seems like all these on line retailers under ordered everything we put out this month. There is tons of this title in our distributor warehouse, so they should order more, you'd think?
Old 08-18-2009, 10:33 AM   #32
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeRedDVd View Post
There is tons of this title in our distributor warehouse, so they should order more, you'd think?
Indeed they should. Strange that my pre-order of Stunt Rock shipped several days ago already!

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 05:40 PM   #33
Darga
Narcissistic Personality

So where's the least expensive place to pick up this disc- I'm willing to make a blind buy.
Darga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:21 PM   #34
CrazyFatEthel
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darga View Post
So where's the least expensive place to pick up this disc- I'm willing to make a blind buy.
Most likely Amazon.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:15 AM   #35
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyFatEthel View Post
Most likely Amazon.
Nah, it's $20.49 there right now, just 11% cheaper than the SRP. DVDPacific and several other sites have it for $13/$14.

I'm still not seeing it in stock anywhere.

Old 08-19-2009, 02:23 AM   #36
NaturesMistake
Stalker

Can this be compared to Boogens?

I think I want to pick this baby up.
NaturesMistake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 04:20 PM   #37
Marko25

Thanks Code Red - good to have your input on this as its not fair for any blame to be put on your company when you have done all that you can. You are putting out some awesome titles at the moment and I cant wait to get the Strangeness!

It annoys that companys such as Amazon (and the rest evidently!) do not bother ordering copies in time for those that have taken the oppertunity to preorder like they would with a mainstream movie. People start to cancel orders as they dont expect them to become availible when you see 'ships in 4 weeks' on the day of release.

Retailers need to get their acts together - lots of copies of this movie are just sitting in a warehouse when they should be making their way to our houses!
Old 08-20-2009, 02:38 AM   #38
Fall Break
Stalker

Still waiting for my copy from amazon.ca. My copy of trapped finally shipped today. Sweet.
Fall Break is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:24 AM   #39
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Got the disc finally, and this is just a helluva fun movie. I haven't seen it in years; but for a 16mm film from 1980, the transfer looks pretty damn good. I haven't had a chance to check out the extras yet, but it has enough to make anyone happy.

Now, I need to get around to watching Stunt Rock which I also got several days ago.

Old 08-23-2009, 03:59 PM   #40
Franco
Weekender

With this movie, lots of people will be making a blind buy for it's a very rare item. Am I right? I have the sensation it was not seen by most of you, guys, when it was originally released I mean.

Well, I'm blind buying it as well for watching it in Halloween among with other movies. Story seems to be cool. I'll take a chance with it.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:29 PM   #41
FilmFiend
Stalker

This sounds like a movie I would've enjoyed back then if I had the chance to see it. I will purchase it when I get some money in and help support the indie DVD scene naturally.

I'd also like to pick up Derby since it was shot in my state of Ohio.
FilmFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 05:39 PM   #42
eric_angelus
Testacular

I have yet to see this anyplace locally. I am hoping to run into it at Newbury comics sometime this week.
eric_angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:20 AM   #43
bloodthrill
Stalker

Bill,since I know you'll be reading this-have you considered the djinn from Hell opus,The Outing (A.K.A. The Lamp) for future release?I don't know who owns the rights,but the flick features cheese to spare,a few great,graphic kills,and a surprisingly cool trash-bag monster,topped off by a tasty dollop of sleaze.I know that there is a following for the movie on VHS..what do you say?
Old 08-24-2009, 06:58 AM   #44
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodthrill View Post
Bill,since I know you'll be reading this-have you considered the djinn from Hell opus,The Outing (A.K.A. The Lamp) for future release?I don't know who owns the rights,but the flick features cheese to spare,a few great,graphic kills,and a surprisingly cool trash-bag monster,topped off by a tasty dollop of sleaze.I know that there is a following for the movie on VHS..what do you say?
I would gladly buy two copies of The Outing, if someone would only release a solid DVD.

Old 08-24-2009, 11:30 AM   #45
bloodthrill
Stalker

I believe one or two of the versions circulating within the U.S.are cut,(seem to recall the bathtub scene and one or two of the more violent deaths having more gore/nudity when I initially watched the flick).Uncut would be a must.Other than that,even a barebones disc would be preferable to nothing.

I did come across a woman on Facebook who I believe may be THE Andra St. Ivanyi,(she does resemble the red-haired character,Alex Wallace.)Below is the small letter I sent her:

Hi,

I am a fan of the 1980s film The Outing,(A.K.A.The Lamp),and believe you might be the lead actress,based on your unusual surname,and similar look to one of the principle cast .

I am currently in the process of trying to convince a reputable company to put the film on DVD,and wonder if you would be interested in contributing to the possible special features.The film is a minor classic in most circles,but many horror fans like myself love it,and would appreciate seeing it restored to its full glory via DVD format.Your picture is lovely,by the way.You're certainly aging very gracefully.

Thank you for your consideration,

*Insert Name*

Who knows...if this is the wrong woman,at least she received a compliment toward her looks! Here's hoping the flick doesn't belong to anyone difficult.

Last edited by bloodthrill; 08-24-2009 at 11:47 AM.
bloodthrill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
code red, the strangeness