Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 10-10-2008, 02:46 PM   #16
The Chaostar
Johnny Hallyday forever

Having read various interviews of the director, I am not at all interested to hear anything from him. I mean, the guy is SOOOOOOO full of himself. In every article I've read he does nothing but praise himself (like as if NIGHTMARE is some sort of horror-Citizen-Kane) and the film and attack every other horror director in the business. I am sure the "commentary" will be like that. Code Red should not waste money on something like that I think.

There Is No Freedom, Wake Up.
The Chaostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:31 PM   #17
fart_mike
Victim

35 bucks is fine with me...this is a must have for my collection...i've worshipped this flick since renting it in "blood splash" form about 10 years ago...
fart_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:35 PM   #18
Tenacious D

I'm really looking forward to this release. I'll gladly pay $35 for an anamorphic widescreen presentation with extras. Thanks for releasing quality titles with nice extras Code Red.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:00 PM   #19
delicreep
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaostar View Post
Having read various interviews of the director, I am not at all interested to hear anything from him. I mean, the guy is SOOOOOOO full of himself. In every article I've read he does nothing but praise himself (like as if NIGHTMARE is some sort of horror-Citizen-Kane) and the film and attack every other horror director in the business. I am sure the "commentary" will be like that. Code Red should not waste money on something like that I think.
You've read Spaghetti Nightmares, then? What was it that the fawning interviewer referred to Scavolini as...The Dark Idol of New York?

I do agree that Romano seems to believe the unearned prominence that the authors give him. In a book where Dario Argento, Lucio Fulci, Ruggero Deodato and Antonto Margheriti are interviewed, and where Mario Bava and Ricardo Freda are referenced, it's difficult to swallow the profile of his alleged greatness.

Funny thing, though. His egotism is the precise reason why I think the interview is essential. I'm also interested to know which version of his Savini-was-the-FX-guy story he'll be using this time around.

Quote:
Just to let you know, my Italian extra guy conducted an interview with Romano Scavolini yesterday, (Romano declined to do a commentary, instead preferred to do a lengthy on camera interiew) he said he filmed over an hour worth of materials, so once we have it subtitled (it was conducted in Italian), which can be a major hassle, we should be able to start finalizing the release.
Awesome news. I can hardly wait. So, we can expect the DVD by this Christmas, right?
delicreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 10:39 PM   #20
bwana the clown
Supreme Ruler Of Sados

$35? Now, let's not encourage Code Red to go all Criterion on our asses.

Visit us on Facebook
bwana the clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 11:38 PM   #21
fceurich39
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeRedDVd View Post
Just to let you know, my Italian extra guy conducted an interview with Romano Scavolini yesterday, (Romano declined to do a commentary, instead preferred to do a lengthy on camera interiew) he said he filmed over an hour worth of materials, so once we have it subtitled (it was conducted in Italian), which can be a major hassle, we should be able to start finalizing the release.
thanks for the update it's good to see it will be coming out but is the price really gonna be around $30 dollars? hopefully spring 2009 it will be released right?
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 06:25 AM   #22
17thJuggalo
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwana the clown View Post
$35? Now, let's not encourage Code Red to go all Criterion on our asses.
This will probably be MSRP.

I hope.
17thJuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:43 PM   #23
delicreep
Stalker

Now that it looks like the DVD is nearing completion, I wonder what the artwork will be. I haven't seen anything that knocks my socks off as far as the original theatrical and video releases go.

This is the only one that I like:

This image is the most prevalent, but is still pretty weak:

And, just for reference, here is the truly awful UK artwork:

There is another poster floating around, this one featuring a shadowed figure wielding a HUGE knife with a woman's face reflected in the blade. I couldn't find a linkable image, but you can see it on the IMDB page for Nightmare. It's also not that great.

There are also the VHS covers, all of which are shoddy and not really worth putting on a DVD cover (although the Blood Splash VHS does feature a woman with an axe in her head, it's a really chintzy looking image).
Old 10-15-2008, 07:56 PM   #24
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

I have the New Star VHS with the picture of the dood coming through the standup mirror with a trenchcoat on holding a knife. It's pretty lame so we don't need that one.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:18 AM   #25
dwatts
HackMaster

Yeah, the original VHS cover of the video nasty was lame too. I'm sure they'll contact Mr. Morris for something good.
dwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:42 AM   #26
wago70
Robinson Crusoe on Mars

I'm partial to the "woman screaming" one-sheet artwork. I have some nice newspaper clippings of that when it played in Reno and San Francisco. I was always amused how often the "arm" was always placed in different spots in different ads. It's placement in all the ads never made sense to me! What is it doing there?????
wago70 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 05:29 PM   #27
delicreep
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutilated Prey View Post
I have the New Star VHS with the picture of the dood coming through the standup mirror with a trenchcoat on holding a knife. It's pretty lame so we don't need that one.

This is the copy that I have. I completely forgot to mention it...
Old 10-28-2008, 04:42 PM   #28
Shlockjock81
HackMaster

If you go on the imdb link I sent, you will see one poster that has an image of an arm with a knife swooping down, and the image of a screaming woman's face in the reflection of the blade. I'm not 100% sure if this is an official 'Nightmare' poster, though I do think it would be the most appropriate. The tagline appears to say "The screams you hear...could be your own!!"

I'm sure I've heard that tagline somewhere... even still. I think this is the best poster.http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1470536960/tt0082818
Shlockjock81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 08:47 AM   #29
vampyr789
9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

^i like that poster. its kinda cool. but for some reason, i somewhat like the "woman screaming" one sheet, it looks really cheesy, and stupid, i mean what is she doing!!!?!? her arm is like no where near her neck or body. it kinda suits the film.

New Friday the 13th Boxset Petition
vampyr789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:24 AM   #30
BrokeNads
Stalker

Is much money to charge for this but is a good idea if example director can sign maybe 100 special insert inside dvd so you not now if you copy will have but you take a chance and i think is maybe worth for a gamble with some extra dollars.
BrokeNads is offline   Reply With Quote