Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 01-18-2010, 04:28 PM   #1
fceurich39
HackMaster

Code Red working on a new Madman dvd

We've learned that Code Red DVD is in the early stages of prepping a new special edition of the early 80's "slasher" cult classic Madman. Anchor Bay Entertainment initially put out the DVD back in 2001 which has long since been out of print.

While the new features for this edition are still being worked out, we do know that the original commentary track with writer/director Joe Giannone, writer/producer Gary Sales and stars Tony Fish and Paul "Madman Marz" Ehlers will be carted over from the Anchor Bay release. (Sadly, Giannone and Fish are no longer with us.)

Early word has it the disc will sport new interviews with some of the cast, as well as a featurette visiting the original shooting locations with Madman Marz himself, Paul Ehlers.

Madman pre-dated the original Friday The 13th and has become a "slasher" fan favorite in recent years, especially with frequent plays on IFC. Code Red has released DVD editions of other genre titles such as Don't Go In The Woods, Beyond The Door and Dead Pit, amongst others.

We'll keep you posted on more details for this release as they become official. Expect the new special edition Madman DVD later this year.

here's the link http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...s.php?id=13707

i wonder if this will actually be out buy 2015
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:34 PM   #2
CrazyFatEthel
HackMaster

Ehhh, I might have to give this bitch a second try...couldn't stand it the first time I saw it...
Old 01-18-2010, 04:35 PM   #3
fceurich39
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyFatEthel View Post
Ehhh, I might have to give this bitch a second try...couldn't stand it the first time I saw it...
it took a few viewings for me to like it
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:37 PM   #4
foller
Stalker

I want a BluRay!!!
foller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 06:35 PM   #5
Ash28M
HackMaster

Quote:
You mean you did like casanova spinning around in the hottub?
Ash28M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:16 PM   #6
Kim Bruun
HackMaster

As much as I appreciate the effort put into Code Red's releases, I am a little bummed by this. The real reason for an upgrade would be a blu-ray rather than more special features. I will probably get it anyway, since I love the movie and I want to support Code Red, but I would really have loved to get this on blu...
Kim Bruun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:37 PM   #7
spawningblue
Deadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Bruun View Post
As much as I appreciate the effort put into Code Red's releases, I am a little bummed by this. The real reason for an upgrade would be a blu-ray rather than more special features. I will probably get it anyway, since I love the movie and I want to support Code Red, but I would really have loved to get this on blu...
It's great for those that don't own it though, as it has been OOP for years and sells for way too much on eBay.

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:51 PM   #8
Kim Bruun
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue View Post
It's great for those that don't own it though, as it has been OOP for years and sells for way too much on eBay.
Yeah, I don't mind a DVD release - I was just hoping that the next DVD release of Madman would bring with it a release on blu.

But if Madman is not released directly through Code Red, there's still a chance. We don't know much yet.
Kim Bruun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:24 AM   #9
Mitbox
Stalker

Quote:
Yeah...I still don't get all the praise to Madman, couldn't stand it either. I'll give it a second spin in 2020. Still good for the fans, there's a lot of insane people dying to get a copy of this.
Mitbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:43 PM   #10
highclassrob
Stalker

Gee I can't wait to anticipate it , and after months and months they decide to cancel it for no other reason than maybe they are waiting for an additional interview or maybe they didn't have the rights at all. Ok rant over, I guess I'm still bitter over Rituals. When it comes to Code Red however, I'll wait until I have the dvd in hand to believe it.
highclassrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:24 PM   #11
Body Boy
HackMaster

Good, since I missed out on the first edition.

Knowing Code Red, they'll probably release it with the original poster art as well! Yay!:

Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:39 PM   #12
foller
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Boy View Post
Good, since I missed out on the first edition.

Knowing Code Red, they'll probably release it with the original poster art as well! Yay!:

I highly doubt that the DVD will be realeased by the Code Red label itself. Most of their releases through other companies (e.g. Shriek Show) were tainted by cheap cover arts (Campus Corpse, Sport Killer, Final Exam, Scream, etc). The original cover art could only be found on the back of the case. That's a shame!!!
foller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 06:16 PM   #13
dickieduvet
Maniac

I'd be all over a Blu-Ray too, Ain't gonna happen though is it !!
dickieduvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:12 PM   #14
spawningblue
Deadite

Awesome! This is one of the OOP discs that I have been dying to get but refused to pay the ridiculous prices it is going for.

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:58 PM   #15
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

I would love a blu-ray as well, but I will settle for an anamorphic widescreen transfer.

The video extras sound great and the movie is one of my favorites. I'm really looking forward to this!
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote