Your October Halloween Enjoyment Items and Setup for 2020

Discussion in 'General' started by ImmortalSlasher, Oct 11, 2020.

1. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

The second year I'm doing this topic. Here is the topic from last year.

http://horrordvds.com/community/thr...een-enjoyment-items-and-setup-for-2019.48868/

I'm still not where I want to be in terms of my October setup. It's a continual work in progress. But my DVR is clear, which is a first. And I'm sure I've watched more horror movies so far this month compared to previous years.

Some of my items for 2020.

October Items 2020.jpg

I still need to get a few treats. I was going to post the Bloodstained box set last year as a preview. But I didn't expect them to take so long on shipping the extra items. I only received the posters a few months ago. There is a poster by the Castlevania artist. Another by the Final Fantasy artist. And a canvas map of the Bloodstained castle. My intention is to get them framed and enjoy the game next October. Perhaps a bit earlier.

Hopefully the game is good. Some of the items are a bit of a let down. The box could be bigger and have better artwork. It was a lot of money to pledge for this level. I got some signed items as well which I'm going to setup for display. But my hope is that this will be one of the designer's best games. His Castlevania Order of Ecclesia, which I played last year is probably his best so far. I do feel that Symphony of the Night is a bit overrated.

I have the 3DS there because I'm going to play the 3D demo version of Resident Evil Revelations.

I downloaded the demo a while back to test and decided on the console version. But the way the 3DS works, even if you delete a game, it's still logged. So I figured that I would finish the demo and see if there are any good 3D scary moments.

Lastly, I'm going to read some of the stories in this Wally Wood EC Comics Artisan Edition that I got some time ago. The artwork is really good. I believe the majority of the stories are sci-fi and war. Only a few horror. But they are old school and have twists to them like Twilight Zone episodes. That cover is crazy too. Hooded characters were always up to no good. Cobra Commander seemed more menacing with the hood.

cobra commander.jpg

And I remember playing Rolling Thunder in the arcades a lot. In the cut scenes, the guys with hoods were always torturing the girl you were trying to save.

rolling thunder.jpg

Also, I want to read some of these stories to help me decide on this big History of EC Comics book from Taschen.

Ever since The Ninth Gate I've been into these limited and well made book editions. What do you guys have for this year?

2. ImmortalSlasher

Final week. Anyone get anything extra for the month?

3. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

I splurged on an excellent Halloween 2 Myers mask and mechanics jumpsuit. (Mask from Trick or Treat studios). I also got a cool vintage clown mask.

IMG_20201027_065230.jpg

I'm in Barber school right now and had to get this sign at the Halloween shop.

IMG_20201027_065238.jpg

Got some small decorations for the yard.

IMG_20201027_065245.jpg

ImmortalSlasher likes this.
  4. ImmortalSlasher

Those old school razors scare me. In old movies they are always sharpening them and it seems like the slightest nick will cut a person.

There are still a few items I want to get from Trick or Treat studios. I see they have a puzzle box up on Sideshow's site for pre-order too.

Natas likes this.
  5. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

It reminds me of Child's Play 3, where Chucky kills the military barber "Presto, you're dead!"

Yeah man, Trick or treat studios is awesome. Pricey but quality shit. I had my choice between the original Myers mask, the one from part 2 with more of a flesh color to the neck, or the one from 2018. I almost went with the 18 version but had to go more classic. I trimmed the hair a bit and cut off about half an inch of the neck. Putting Velcro on the back tomorrow to make it fit better. Gonna scare the dick outa some kids this year, excited lol

ImmortalSlasher likes this.
  6. ImmortalSlasher

I still haven't seen Child's Play 2, 3 or the remake yet. I've only seen the original. I do like the apartment building design in that one.

I still need to get a few Halloween 3 masks from Trick r Treat Studios. Good to hear that they are quality.

I saw these Nightmare on Elm Street posters.

Nightmare_on_Elm_Street_Poster_Adam_Rabalais.jpg

ANightmareOnElmStreet_RichDavies_.jpg

I still haven't picked up an older Nightmare poster I found when I watched Galaxy of Terror. But that Nancy swimming poster gave me an idea for a possible poster to get from an artist.

Also this Alien poster sold out in like 2 minutes. They made another variant for a lottery sale. But hopefully Mondo will make a variant for a US release.

alien rockin jelly bean.jpg

Until then I'll have to settle for this Aliens release as a Christmas present to myself in the next month or so.

Aliens Vance Kelly.jpg

7. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Happy Halloween, boys and ghouls!!
    Hope you have an epic fright night! DFD384F9-4DEC-4C53-A87A-57DD66E5DC92.jpeg

8. ImmortalSlasher

You must really like House by the Cemetery.

Steel76 likes this.
  9. Steel76

Yeah, I love the Fulci films from the 1979-1982 period :)

10. ImmortalSlasher

I have to get into more of them. What are your favorites? Top 3 or 5. I've only seen The Beyond and House by the Cemetery so far.

11. Steel76

This is my top 5 :)

1. The Beyond
    2. Zombie
    3. City of the Living Dead
    4. New York Ripper
    5. House by the Cemetery

12. ImmortalSlasher

I didn't like The Beyond as much as I thought I would. I like the soundtrack. Hopefully those others are better. I'm looking forward to City of the Living Dead and I believe Zombie or Zombie 2. That's the one Tarantino joked about there not being a Zombie 1.

13. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

A bit of a belated post but better late than never... and besides, everyday is Halloween! I found some vintage Halloween string lights and a blow mold while thrifting this summer, so put those up with the other decorations this year.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here's my cats in costume (which is always impossible to get a good picture of because they hate wearing them) - Melvin (vampire) and Fitz (sushi):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

The pumpkins my girlfriend (bottom) and I (top) carved:

[​IMG]

And finally, because as I mentioned - everyday is Halloween, some now-healed Halloween flash bangers I got tattooed on me (back in August):

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

ImmortalSlasher, dave13 and Natas like this.
  14. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

Those vintage lights are awesome, dude!! I love the tats. Appreciate you sharing!!! And your cats are awesome. I gave up trying to put my cats in any costume. I have one that is a jockey, makes it look like your cat-dog is a racehorse with a little stuffed Jockey on top......my cat wasnt have any of it lol

MorallySound likes this.
  15. ImmortalSlasher

I just saw Zombie / Zombi 2. That's my favorite so far between that, The Beyond, and House by the Cemetery. Zombie is a more straight forward movie that makes sense. I'm surprised how much they tried to make it a normal movie at the beginning. The first 30 or so minutes is character building. I love the shots of the doctor's wife. They really don't seem like they are from a normal horror movie. Her death scene is really rough though. I thought she was going to get out of it. Also, underwater zombie!

I can't believe you got cats to sit in costume. Those are amazing pumpkin carvings too.

MorallySound and Steel76 like this.
  16. Jamie

Jamie Member

Awesome pics. You guys all did a nice job on everything.