Your October Halloween Enjoyment Items and Setup for 2019

Discussion in 'General' started by ImmortalSlasher, Oct 22, 2019.

1. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

My parents use a portable plastic cauldron. Worked great and you can microwave babies in it too.

I haven't seen one lately but I haven't been looking. I'm sure some store somewhere carries them every season.

2. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

This year's pumpkin patch: McPatchsm.jpg
    Even antique stores have after Halloween sales and I got these McDonald's Happy Meals pails circa. 1986 for 30% off as they were rotating in the vintage Christmas decor. $15 ea. originally so $10.50 after discount. Two McGoblins and one McBoo. I really wanted a McGoblin but I didn't have the heart to separate the trio. So here they all are. I did the same thing at a flea market when I bought a red/orange shaded plastic pumpkin I'd never seen before; which was of the bucked tooth variety which is also semi rare. So I bought it along with a plain orange standard one also at the booth because I didn't want to leave it behind. At $1 ea. that wasn't exactly a splurge. [After I turned around the guy probably pulled out another identical pair from his loaded trailer filled with pumpkins.] So yes I'm a softy for pumpkins. Every time I go to the grocery store I have to try to ignore the crates of pumpkins because I'd just buy them all. Usually one catches the corner of my eye and I instinctively buy that one and stop looking entirely. Otherwise I'd spend the whole month lucking through them. I'd even take in spoiled ones if I could. When my late aunt worked for the county she use to bring me a bunch of damaged ones they aquired and I'd spread them over our Halloween scene graveyard; bashing them in to make an odd scene of carnage. But I digress.

I had the McGoblin as a kid and naturally what else can you use that face for but as the perfect scarecrow? So one year I made a scarecrow out of him with some longer/thicker sticks from the yard and punched one through the bottom of the pail to make its head, used some of my old clothes like a red flannel shirt, and to make it spooky I took red paint and dribbled it all over him so he looked bloody. But we didn't really have blood red paint so instead I used a light magenta with glitter in it. I did the paint job on the front porch and the mess I made is still there to this day.

Since he was a real scare crow now I put it out in the garden year after year until the sun and weather degraded the plastic and it split apart so he was thrown out. But in the back of my mind I've wanted one again. When I've seen them before they've always been at least $25 so I figured I'd snatch up these. Basically got them buy two get one free.

In the back you'll see this year's pumpkin I got at Costco. There's also the tree topper I got from Sourpuss.com this year which I placed on top on my TV. The wax pumpkins in the forefront are from the 90's and passed down also from my late aunt. The wine is Hex vom Dasenstein imported from Germany and features a raised witch riding a flying goat. My wine drinking buddy did not make it to my Halloween party so I'll save it for next year. I've also included Audrey II again to help give its scale. And finally all the seasonal cereal I always stock up on. Any fans of Count Chocula? Probably my favorite reason for the season! Gotta snatch them in September around here because they usually don't last. Although I was still able to find a box in mid-October so I guess they're making more now.