X-Files returns!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Dave

Dave Pimp

No one has talked about this? FOR SHAME!!!

I'm sure many have heard, but Fox is trying to get them back together for a 12-episode season(s). I think it would be a great way to try and wrap the series up after the finale debacle. Always prefer a season, even a short one, over a movie.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cel...ion-is-happening-confirms-David-Duchovny.html

2. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

I would be thrilled if they brought the series back. I own all nine seasons on DVD. One of my all time favorite TV series. I wish, however the Duchovny didn't mention that they are too exhausted to do a full season. If they bring the series back, I want it to go on for years.

3. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

Love (most) of the show and even enjoyed the last film--felt like an extended episode.

4. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

I was so into this show in the 90's. It outstayed it's welcome eventually (as most do) but was really great for long time. The last film was fantastic so I'm in for this. With the recent string of awesome horror television, I hope they will step it up to reclaim their fans, but I'm going in skeptical, just to be safe.

5. Dave

Dave Pimp

WOW!

http://www.npr.org/blogs/monkeysee/...les-back-for-more-mulder-more-scully-and-more

6. Dave

Dave Pimp

Great news. Disappointed with six episodes but beggars can't be choosers. Hopefully this means we get six high quality episodes. That's still about 4.5 hours of programming. I'll take it!

7. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

That is how I see it. This is encouraging for me! No effing around, a beginning and an end. Hopefully a solid plan.

8. Franco

Franco Weekender

I wonder how will they name it. The 10th season has been around in the world of comics by now.

9. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

To be honest, I was always more of a fan of the "monsters of the week" episodes of The X-Files rather than the ongoing alien storyline. With only 6 episodes, I doubt there will be much time for that.

10. Dave

Dave Pimp

There's a quote from Carter in one of the newsbits where he mentions 'stories', which some are interpreting as six stand alone stories. Seems doubtful to me. It could just be 'stories' to tie up the various loose story lines left open (their son, alien invasion, etc). But there is the possibility that Carter is trying to get a few mini seasons out of this. That would be sweet. Regardless, I'm happy either way.

11. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

I liked some of the individual episodes - Home(season 4) and Humbug(???) were really good, but overall I thought the series was kinda overrated and the story arc with Mulder's sister/aliens got tiresome. And how many times is Scully not going to believe Mulder? :)

12. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

This is unprecedented. A long dormant series, hugely popular but that sort of ran out of steam towards the end, comes back to, what, try to right a few wrongs? If this is the case, 6 episodes won't be enough. Standalone stories, maybe it'll work, but I'm guessing many fans aren't interested in something like that - they (we) want closure. I suppose it could be done in 6 episodes, but it's cutting it close. I wonder if this venture is meant to replace the series making it to Blu-ray, a project I'm sure was/is cost-prohibitive.

13. Dave

Dave Pimp

Seasons 1-5 aired in HD. I have the captures and they are gorgeous. Making my way through the series but only on season two.

14. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

So excited for this. With such a small episode order I have to imagine they are going the True Detective route and just telling one long story. I'm still on the fence about if I'd rather have a mythology story or a monster of the week one in this miniseries. The mythology was very convoluted by season nine, but there was so much set-up that it'd be strange for it to be completely ignored.

15. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Active Member

That's my hope too. I'm very interested in seeing where they will pick up the characters. I think everyone knows that last movie was terrible.

I want to read those comics. Do they start after the last movie?

16. acappa

acappa Member

17. Dave

Dave Pimp

Bluray box set. Wow. Awesome.

I'm hoping to get into the xfiles panel at NYCC on Sat and see the first new episode.

18. fattyjoe37

19. fattyjoe37

20. KGBRadioMoskow

KGBRadioMoskow Well-Known Member

Price is still just high enough that I'll almost certainly wait for reviews on picture quality (if there are reports of bad DNR, attempts to update effects, bad transfer to disk, etc) or aspect ratio (forced widescreen on TV format or similar shenanigans) or licensing (replaced music) before plopping the card down. I love the series, but its not a blind buy upgrade when it exceeds a C note, sale or no sale.