Wyrmwood (2015)

Discussion in 'General' started by Hatchetwarrior, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Hatchetwarrior

Hatchetwarrior Well-Known Member

This Australian Horror-comedy has been making waves on the indie film festivals over that last few months and has jumped to the top of my list for must see horror movies. Peep belw for the trailer, synopsis and poster art.

Official Trailer

Synopsis: Barry is a talented mechanic and family man whose life is torn apart on the eve of a zombie apocalypse. His sister, Brooke, is kidnapped by a sinister team of gas-mask wearing soldiers & experimented on by a psychotic doctor. While Brooke plans her escape Barry goes out on the road to find her & teams up with Benny, a fellow survivor - together they must arm themselves and prepare to battle their way through hordes of flesh-eating monsters in a harsh Australian bushland.

[​IMG]

2. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    This looks fantastic!

3. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

Really like that poster!

4. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Saw it. It is fantastic! Violent in a very fun way.

5. thrashard76

thrashard76 Thrash or be Thrashed

I just checked out this trailer. I can't wait to see this.

6. Hatchetwarrior

Hatchetwarrior Well-Known Member

Two words: loved it! Now I do think this film is not going to be for everyone, but I defiantly recommend it. The humor, action, and gore makes this thing a breeze to sit through and the tweaks to the zombie lore are brilliant. What I loved most of all was the directing and cinematography. I really can't explain the look here but it is so engulfing that it makes this film stand out that much more from all the other zombie movies that have come out in the last decade. The only real complaint I have is the pacing, the middle act just kind of flashes by way too fast, killing some character development on the part of the supporting cast. Other than that, great little flick.

7. Cydeous

Cydeous Axxon N

I saw this and enjoyed it. There is a short film that was used to sell the making of the main feature, which is also called Wyrmwood. If you like this then you'll like the movie. Here is a link to it on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFrGrH5zfbg

8. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Really fun movie. The head shots are phenomenal.

That Leon Burchill looks like an Aborigine George Lopez. Guy was hilarious.

9. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

Just watched the blu-ray with the wife and we both enjoyed it. Nice new take on zombies (and that is no easy feat). I would have been happier though with a little less CGI. The film gives homage to the Evil Dead series but I also saw similarities to Brain Dead, Mad Max, and even The Matrix. This is well worth picking up for under $10.00 which both Best Buy and Amazon were selling it for not that long ago.

10. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

After a long night of moving two couches, my buddies and I sat down to watch this with a few beers and treats. Perfect for how brain-dead we were!

Fun concept and performances. Leon Burchill was a highlight, as was all the wanton violence. I found the zombie "breath" CGI to be distracting, but that was about my only gripe with the effects. By the end, the film proved to go nowhere, which was a bummer but I'm also find to turn off my brain and not require a grand plot to save this one.

Won't rewatch but had fun while it lasted.

11. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Got this on blu not too long ago. Hoping to like it as much as I did the first time around. It definitely exceeded my expectations.