Wrong Turn 5: Bloodlines

Discussion in 'General' started by othervoice1, Jul 7, 2012.

1. It's me Billy

It's me Billy New Member

I love the first one (Eliza Dushku and Emmanuelle Chriqui) :sperm: and the second one was awesome too, but my God, part 3 was HORRIBLE. Lousy characters I care nothing about (Am I really supposed to be rooting for prison convicts? I want them to get slaughtered by the backwoods hillbillies!), an ugly forest location (the locations in parts one and two are beautiful by comparison), and cheap CGI gore. Part 4 was a huge improvement over 3, but nowhere near the level of 1 and 2. Bring on part 5. :)

2. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

Fun flick! The deaths were mean spirited, gory and for the most part practical.

3. Lane Jordan

Lane Jordan New Member

Agreed. Very entertaining entry in the franchise!

4. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Just saw the movie about an hour ago, and I had a blast :)

I hated part 3 and 4, and I had no hope at all for part 5, especially since it had the same director. BUT, it seems he have listened to the comments, since this one have MUCH better gore, and 95% of it is practical. And boy is this one gory!

Especially a scene at a soccer field made my day. 80:s old-school gore!! :D

Also the characters was much more interesting in this one, and you actually cared for a few of them. Doug Bradly as the main badguy is wonderfully evil and a great addition to the film.

The series is back on track, and I´m actually hoping for a part 6 now. ;)

5. Richard Anthony

Richard Anthony Member

Wrong Turn 5 sounds Awesome!! I have all of the Wrong Turn Movies on DVD, so I will be picking this one up too! The first Film and the Second one are my Favorites! I love the first one for many reasons, Eliza Dushku is one of them! The Second Wrong Turn is Gory as hell, that Opening Death Scene is a Shocker right down to that Texas Chainsaw inspired 'Dinner Table' Scene!! Nasty Film!! 3 and 4 had some Cool moments and I didn't dislike 3 as much as others did, and 4 was pretty mean spirited in some spots!! Bring on Part 5!! This one looks like it could be one of the Best Sequels in the Series yet!!

6. The Tall Man

The Tall Man Member

I switched it off after about 50 minutes. Might go back to it and finish it on the weekend. Acting was awful I thought and storyline was average. Maybe some decent gore in the end will salvage it.

7. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Picked this up today. Lucky for me, Best Buy still had "upgrade and save" signs up. I asked one dude if they were good, he asked another chick and they said yes. The guy at customer service said no until I showed him the signs, then he took em down but let me do the trade in anyway! Looking forward to checking this out tonight. Only thing that sucks is they won't take Playboy videos for trade in. I have a bunch from renewing my subscription that I can't give away. I tried to give the one I had today to the first dude, the second dude and the checkout girl, plus 2 dudes in the parking lot. Nobody took it!:(:eek::nervous:
    Thankfully I had a non-Playboy disc with me just in case!:D

8. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

Might have to pick this up on thursday if only to complete my set.

9. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

$29.99 for the Blu-Ray at HMV, I want to see this, but I think paying that kind of money for a blind buy in these times is a little crazy.
    Will have to wait until it starts showing in the discount bins within 6-8 months.

10. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

the blu is on amazon.ca for 19.99. I think I'll wait a little bit for the price to go down more. I liked part 4 but not $20 worth.

11. Bluenoser

Bluenoser New Member

It's $20 at Walmart. I was just there tonight.

12. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I ordered the first 4 Wrong Turn's on Blu-ray earlier this week, since Amazon had them all for $24.99 as a deal of the week.

I decided to go ahead and order Part 5 as well...it sounds fun like the 4th film.

If you're wondering how those first four in the bundle pack are packaged, they're all the individual retail versions, and all are double-sealed without any cut-outs or other such imperfections. Part 4 comes with both the Blu-ray and the DVD, so it's basically a 5-disc bundle set. It works out to just a little over $6 a movie.

13. Anthropophagus

Thank you, I'll be sure to check it out.

14. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

Picked up my blu-ray at Best Buy for $16.99

15. cjg

cjg Active Member

this is one bad movie. Filmed in Bulgaria with an Irish English cast trying to sound like their from West Virginia with a set that looks like its from a Ed Wood movie. Where the hell are the town people they cant all be at the Mountain Man Festival or what ever the fuck its called.Dont waist your money on this piece of shit.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  16. Anthropophagus

I read some mixed reviews but still remained curious, I did like the original and II and IV. However, I think I'll take your word for it and pass up buying this one now.
    Too bad, I was hoping for something new and half decent in time for Halloween.

17. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

Surprisingly I actually enjoyed this quite a bit. The first 10 - 15 minutes were terrible and I thought I was in for easily the worst of the series. Once they got to the jailhouse though it just picked up and the ride was fun the rest of the way. I didn't like the look of the hillbillies but Doug Bradley was great in this and the kills was all very good and inventive. What's not to like? I think it's the best of the sequels.

18. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Fucking "Bloodlines" is the sub-title of death!
    I agree with everything but the first and last lines, a ton of potential was brought up in the opening minutes of this and never explored. Some actors are very bad and it's nowhere near as good as part 4. But, it's still a fun flick despite all it's flaws. It needed a more graphic last kill too, while that set-up was great, the cutaway felt cheap, like they ran out of effects $. But there's stuff in the making of that shows way more than the film did!?!

I didn't know they had backlots in Bulgaria!:nervous:
    I can now do my personal rankings of the series having seen them all.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  19. JGrendel

JGrendel New Member

This wasn't great but it's not the worst that I've seen either, so I'll be picking this up at some point.

20. Anthropophagus

It's five bucks on cable PPV tonight, so that'll do for me.
    $24.99 at our Best Buy, really, does anyone pay these crazy prices for these b-movies knowing they'll be in the discount bin before long.
    I can see someone shelling for something like a Shout! Factory edition on the day of release, but this? and at these prices?