Workprints?

Discussion in 'General' started by Mattster, Jun 16, 2003.

1. Mattster

Mattster Guest

Does anyone know of any sites with information about all of the workprints in circulation? I'm not NECESSARILY asking for sites that sell them, just sites with descriptions about how they're different than their theatrical counterparts. :eek:

2. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

i don't know of a site like that, though i wish i did! the only sites i've come across, which i don't remember the urls off hand, usually sold the workprints and have a sentence or two (something like "more gore than the original!" lol).

3. Mattster

Mattster Guest

Well I think it's against the rules of the forum to ask for links to sites that sell workprints... but that's kind of what I was hinting at.

4. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I got a workprint vcd of Night Of The Living Dead '90 off ebay once. Too bad it's unwatchable, I hear there is more gore!

5. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

There are some extras on the DVD that show more gore. That might be what's included.

6. patmcgahern

patmcgahern Guest

www.videoscreams.com
    offers a lot of rare workprints and horror movies on dvd. I ordered six and they were BRILL.

7. Mattster

Mattster Guest

Thanks!

8. patmcgahern

patmcgahern Guest

9. patmcgahern

patmcgahern Guest

10. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

i have NOTLD '90 workprint on vhs. It does feature more gore! :D also includes some more dialogue scenes. nothing too important, and i see why it was cut. also, the soundtrack is different. however, the quality is pretty bad. hell, the quality seems to be bad on just about every workprint i have. the worst has to be my workprint of Return of the Living Dead. it's almost unwatchable. what's funny about it, some of the special effects were done for various scenes. the ending even uses storyboards instead of the actual ending you now scene. that workprint featured like an extra 20 minutes worth of footage not on the theatrical cut (however, you're not really missing anything).

11. patmcgahern

patmcgahern Guest

Un-feckin-belaveble, check this out. Ive been searching for the king kong tv version for years! And it has the darkman tv pilot that apparently spawned the DTV titles and so much more!!!!!!!
    http://members.tripod.com/videoshack/tapes.html