Whats the name of this (short) movie? It's About a man being buried alive

Discussion in 'General' started by gusse, Jun 29, 2003.

1. gusse

gusse New Member

Hope someone can help me out with this one... A friend of mine asked me about a movie a few days back - he didn't know the title but he believs it to be a Hitchcock movie of some sort... But I my selfe don't think it's a hitchcock movie. It MIGHT have been a part of the Hitchcock Presents series or somothing though - not sure about that.

It's supposed to be a short film (perhaps in an anthology or something?). The story goes something like: " a man lets him selfe be buried alive (for some strange reason, don't know why?) and has made a deal with the undertanker to dig him up a few hours later. ...but as the man lays in the dark 6ft under, waiting to be set free by the undertaker some thing seems to have gone wrong. Time pass by and air is starting to run out - why doesn't the undertaker dig him up as he has promised? In a desperate attempt to get out the buried man lights a match to seek for a way out of the coffin - and when he has lit the match he finds the undertaker laying next to him, burried in the same coffin..."

I am pretty darn sure I have seen this short film my self at some point but I cant seem to remember what it is. I think it might be a Twilight Zone episode or something? Or perhaps a Tales From The Crypt episode? ...I acctualy think that this story might have been filmed in numerous different versions. I seem to reccolect reading the same story in a horror-comic as a kid. Am I right?

Can anyone help me out - it's getting realy frustrating not being able to remember the name of this darn movie! :cry:

2. r_burgos2003

r_burgos2003 Guest

Looking right now!

3. r_burgos2003

r_burgos2003 Guest

I think it is an Edger Allen Poe story.....it's NOT a Tales From the Crypt story....however, I did look in my book and read the TFTC story about a man who has 9 lives (got them from a cat he killed) and did amazing stunts since he couldn't die, just lose a life. So he buried himself alive....as the air is running out he realizes that he's not so good at math: since he killed the cat, he only had 8 lives to begin with....IT's almost DEFENITELY NOT a Twilight Zone story because those are about greed and ironic misfortuine...however, this July 4th there is a "chain reaction" of Twilight Zone" episodes on SCIFI...and i don't think it is one of the Hitchcock episodes....go here I think you could find it (if it's a tv show episode)

4. gusse

gusse New Member

I'm pretty sure it's not an Poe-adaption. It's definetly not Roger Corman's version of "Buried Alive" anyway - i have that one and it's not the movie I'm thinking about.

I think the movie I'm searching for is in B/W, but then again - I might be mestaken :glasses:

Anyway - thanks for the help r_burgos2003

5. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    This has been filmed a few times. I caught an 80's version on Alfred Hitchcock presents where a woman prisoner lets herself be buried in order to escape. She strikes a deal with an old man who works at the prison who agrees to dig her up at a certain time. Anyway, time passes - and she sees that she is actually buried with the man (who passed away the night before) who is supposed to dig her up.

6. r_burgos2003

r_burgos2003 Guest

That's probably it...It seemed un-like Hitchcock.....go here and check to make sure!