What was the first movie that gave you nightmares?

Discussion in 'General' started by MorallySound, Dec 12, 2004.

1. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

YES! I believe it was in Superman III with Richard Pryor. Scared the hell outta me whenever it came on TV. :(

2. Doombear

Doombear Member

"Don't Be Afraid of the Dark" made-for-TV movie 1974

3. This is one movie that deserves a decient DVD release in uncut form , even the VHS is impossible to find anywhere . I just wish that Anchor Bay or others like Image / Blue underground would release this cult classic , and yes that scene with the dolls coming to life freaked me out also .

4. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

Agreed! I have a nkice bootleg VHS I bought on ebay under the title The Devil Within Her years ago...it is uncut which is nice...it actually looks better than the old Media VHS I used to rent all the time as a kid!

5. satanservant

satanservant Guest

I think my first nightmare was from Battlestar Galactica and it was about the cylons. Not a movie unless you count the pilot. The only other one I can think of is A Nightmare on Elm Street when I watched it for the first time on HBO or Cinemax.

6. Luna

Luna Guest

I remember saying this in another thread, but the only movie I've ever had a nightmare based on was The Exorcist II, when I was about 6, maybe 7 at most. Scoff if you want, but walking through a foggy replica of your apartment, all the way to the closed door of your bedroom (complete with eerie light coming out from under the door) and finding an evil version of yourself laying on your bed, with creepy eyes and cracked, oozing skin, grinning with rotten teeth and beckoning to you is quite an image! :evil:

7. The Joker

The Joker Guest

actually there were 2 for me....

The Changeling and The Reincarnation of Peter Proud...

the changeling because of the ghost element, and peter proud more so because of the eerie music

8. R. I. P.

R. I. P. Member

The worst nightmare I can remember relating to a horror film I had watched centered around "The Woman In Black", one of the most atmospheric and overall creepy ghost stories ever released on celluloid. One scene in particular caused me to actually scream out loud and my dreams were haunted by this image for weeks afterwards. :nervous:

9. Night Goat

Night Goat Guest

For me it would have to be the original Halloween. I remember watching the TV version a friend's brother had taped. I was about six years old and my friend and I watched it when no one else was home. I was so scared I don't think I slept for a month. I still prefer the TV version because it reminds me of the first time I was really scared.