Well Go USA acquires Peter Jackson's Early 3 films!!!

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Nailwraps, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

EDIT 4/2: April Fools joke people, move along.

Once again, called it! :D

https://bloody-disgusting.com/home-video/5318008/well-go-usa-announces-peter-jackson-box-set

"Well Go USA has announced today that they have last week made a deal with the legendary Peter Jackson to acquire exclusive US rights to his early works! For those not familiar, Peter Jackson started his career with a trio of horror comedies that would go on to be highly-regarded cult classics; Bad Taste, Meet the Feebles, and Braindead (AKA Dead Alive), all of which have also recently received 4K restorations. Now after years of lying dormant and releases OOP, Well Go will be releasing his first films once again on home video! "We're honored to be doing business with the acclaimed filmmaker" a spokesperson at Well Go said. "Since we did Phantasm, we have been since looking into releasing more classic independent works on home video for those who absolutely enjoy them."

Well Go stated they now have exclusive home video, digital, cable, and television network rights to Peter Jackson's early films in the US and in December, they'll be releasing not only his first 3 films on DVD and Blu-ray, but also 4K! And if that wasn't enough, that same month they'll be releasing Peter Jackson: The Early Years, the ultimate Blu-ray box set containing ALL of Peter Jackson's early pre-Lord of The Rings works which includes the aforementioned 3 films and Forgotten Silver and The Frighteners (both of which will also receive 4K restorations for this release!), plus archival and brand new content and a bonus disc with exclusive content!

More details will be available in the coming months. All we can say is we're excited! How about you?"

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    russweiss likes this.
  2. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

[​IMG]

Katatonia and Nailwraps like this.
  3. Nailwraps

And you get a cookie!

APRIL FOOLS! I don't have any! :p

4. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Damn it, you got me. I was going to make a smug response about how I just sold off Braindead and Meet the Feebles so my timing couldn't be better and you fooled me. :mad:

I do hope Arrow are the ones who get these though. Synapse would be awesome but I doubt they could.

Nailwraps likes this.
  5. msw7

msw7 Re-animated member

Now I haz a sad.

6. Nailwraps

U mad bro? :p

7. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

First clue it was fake: I didn't read this on Blu-ray.com. I kept wondering why, if this thread was posted at 1:53 PM yesterday afternoon, why it still wasn't all over that other site lol. Second clue: Well Go USA? I doubt PJ is even aware they exist. Why would he trust his cherished early works to a virtual unknown? Nope, can't fool me :)

8. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

I knew it was bullshit because the story doesn’t even try to be consistent. It begins with only the first three films, but by the end it morphs to include The Frighteners as well as some obscure tv show, yet somehow neglecting Heavenly Creatures. Even if it wasn’t April 1st it isn’t very convincing.

9. Nailwraps

Forgotten Silver was a Peter Jackson film, look it up.

Good catch on me forgetting to add Heavenly Creatures, I'll give you that one.

Anyway, prank is over folks, move along.

10. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

This is way too much discussion for an April Fools joke but what the hell:
    The Entertainment Industry is a small world. As a horror fan growing up working at a rental store I don't doubt PJ's now got the Well Go Phantasm box set on his shelf for example and he would know of Don Coscarelli if perhaps didn't know him directly. After all J.J. Abrams helped produce the 4k restoration of Phantasm. You could just as easily say that Abrams didn't know they exist. Clearly he does. All three are aware of each other. So it's not a stretch that PJ would talk to Abrams about how Well Go did with Phantasm after his restoration efforts. If PJ's shopping around it's the logical thing to do.

Another example is Sam Raimi still working with Anchor Bay on releasing the first two Evil Dead films. These are all thirty+ year old horror movies that will have comparatively low sell through to a new release or especially a blockbuster. These smaller distributors can handle it and in many ways handle it with more care than the majors would. PJ would be a fool to hand over distribution to WB for example because it could still be shat on at any moment by an executive or two. I would be so bold as to say Well Go USA is on PJ's list.

Heavenly Creatures is with Miramax. If anything it makes too much sense that that would be neglected considering the state of confusion that library is in.

A good April Fools' joke gives up the ghost by the end. You keep peppering more and more far out things until it because obvious to anyone but the truly gullible that it is a joke. In that way everyone else can figure out the ruse and the final one to figure it out feels all the more foolish.

11. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Well maybe that I just don’t find these jokes funny. Not because I’m angry about them not happening, but because it’s a joke that has been told too many times. Fake blu ray announcements happen every April 1st without fail. Try something else.

Katatonia, elDomenechHDG and f.ramses like this.
  12. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

The first clue it was fake was that it was a thread started by Nailwraps on April 1st.

Katatonia, X-human and zompirejoe like this.
  13. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

To be fair this one did become more unbelievable as you read on, the prey one on the other hand didn't.

14. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Can we get a mod to retitle this thread with "April Fools" for future search's sake?

elDomenechHDG, zbinks and Steel76 like this.