WARLOCK MOON - when did this happen?

Discussion in 'General' started by wago70, Sep 6, 2004.

1. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    I was so delighted to be at Tower today and seeing WARLOCK MOON advertised in Fangoria as coming from Shriek Show! I went to the W section and there it was! I really like this film - great memories of seeing late at night in the late 70's and early '80's on Bob Wilkins/John Stanley's Bay Area CREATURE FEATURES which got broadcasted in Reno.
    I'm getting it first thing tomorrow at Best Buy along with Tentacles and a host of other movies. :D

2. ArrowBeach

ArrowBeach Active Member

too bad the negative they used is missing 10 minutes of footage!

3. John Gargo

John Gargo Guest

Damn, that's a shame... I'll still get it, though, because I'm a consumer whore.

4. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

They apparently did correct the Warlock Moon DVD in the Cannibal Lunch Box set. The disc in that set has a running time of right over 83 minutes. The original "defective" disc has a running time about 5 minutes less at 78 minutes.

If Media Blasters ever responded to their fucking emails, maybe I wouldn't have had to buy it twice!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  5. FinalSora

FinalSora New Member

This flick is really cool. Very suspenseful build-up, and an eerie atmosphere. I was pleasantly surprised. The Joe Bob Briggs commentary is a keeper. I cannot believe this is the only thread for this release here.

6. Marshall Crist

Marshall Crist New Member

Love this movie. Wish the DVD was the long version, but it is still excellent.

7. Katatonia

Agreed. I even enjoyed it far more when I recently revisted the film.

I wish it was the "longest" version, but the corrected version (without the authoring error) of the DVD is still solid.

8. dolemite

dolemite New Member

Did they ever correct the other Joe Bob dvd missing footage. Name escapes me but was the High school movie.
    Have all the Joe Bob commentary releases. Would like to have this one complete if out there.

9. Katatonia

Hell High? Yeah, they corrected that disc back in 2005. Or...at least it was corrected in most of the "High School Horrors Triple Feature" box sets. My set came with the corrected disc, but some people were saying they got the botched disc in that set.

It was another DVD I had to purchase twice just to get the correct disc! I have no idea if they corrected the single-disc release, but surely they have by now.

Media Blasters really sucks :)fuck:) when they screw something up. I've tried numerous times over the years to contact them for replacement disc/exchanges, and they never once answered. Even when that John Sirabella guy posted here once and publicly posted his email...no response.

10. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    So THAT'S why there are always so many used copies of this for sale at the used record store.
    I have the botched disc.

11. Shlockjock81

Shlockjock81 New Member

Having never heard of this film before, I thought this thread was going to be about Charlie Sheen.

12. SickNick89

SickNick89 Member

i still have the botched disc. whats in the missing footage?

13. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

I thought I was going to have some luck. I contacted them, told them what was up and they asked me to send in my copy for a replacement. So I paid a few bucks to ship mine, no big deal. Guess what, they sent me the same botched version! That's just incompetence.

14. Katatonia

I couldn't tell you what was missing exactly. There's an extra 5 minutes in the film on the corrected disc, and the plot makes more sense. It seems like there was a complete scene either completely missing or suddenly cut off.

:eek: I remember now that you PM'ed me saying that you had received a reply from them Ash.

...and they sent you the botched disc? WTF?!? The Cannibal Lunch Box set came out 3+ years ago. You'd think they'd have the correct discs circulating by now. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  15. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

i've got man from deep river, and have been wondering about upgrading to the cannibal lunch box box set, and selling my extra deep river disc. so whats the story on warlock moon and blood feast? are they worth the trouble?

16. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

The boxset has the corrected version of Warlock Moon, however Blood Feast 2 is the R-rated version which is 6 minutes shorter than the Unrated version.

17. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

thats good to know, but i actually meant in terms of the films themselves. i've never seen either. are they any good?

18. FinalSora

FinalSora New Member

It's worth it just for WARLOCK MOON alone! I highly recommend that one. I haven't even bothered to open Blood Feast 2. That one looks pretty lame IMO. But 2 out of three is a great deal.

19. Katatonia

Blood Feast 2 is actually a ton of brainless fun. If the Unrated DVD releases were cheaper, I'd own it. They are still way overpriced by Media Blasters.

But the R-rated version? Nope, I got rid of it without even opening the plastic.

20. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Just watched this for the first time and was pleasantly surprised. Decent twisty creepy old school kinda of flick that leaves certain things up to interpretation. I checked out IMDB's list of "cut items" on the Shriek Show DVD and honestly couldn't care less - it is what it is, it's not like there's any serious scenes missing:

The Media Blasters DVD is missing the following footage that appeared on the Unicorn VHS release:
    Begins with the extended opening sequence, which is available as a mute extra on the DVD.
    Immediately before John & Jenny find the road to the spa, they're pulled over by a pair of condescending cops (briefly seen later) who warn, "The people in this valley don't care too much for strangers."
    As Mrs. Abercrombi serves tea the first time, she tells John and Jenny that the spa closed due to financial problems and nasty rumors. She goes on to reveal her father was the caretaker and the two remained residents after the spa closed, though he passed away when she was around Jenny's age.
    When Jenny comes in and finds Mrs. Abercrombi's cottage empty, she looks up at the ceiling, walks over to the fireplace and runs her hand across it.