Walmart's Brilliant Horror idea

Discussion in 'General' started by Natas, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

Yeah..I saw these at my local Walmart tonight. They are pretty cool looking. I'd consider them if I didn't already own them.

2. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

TV shows on blu-ray is a disaster. Fox recently bailed on the medium completely (goodbye Simpsons and Modern Family, forget about Family Guy). CBS is Paramount and they are less fond of blu-ray's than you are DVD-fanatic-9. Complete seasons of Californication and House were only released overseas, so I had to import them. I really want Cheers uncut, but once again....Paramount.

In regards to what's been released on blu-ray in terms of movies, I own over 700 movies on blu-ray and there are less than 40 left on my wishlist that haven't been released somewhere on this planet. Some will never get released such as Something Wicked This Way Comes (thanks Disney), others should have been released years ago (where is Arsenic and Old Lace Warner???).

3. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Oh, I'm not saying there's a great untapped future or market for the format. I'm just saying, if it were doable. These are the kinds of programs I would actually find it worth upgrading to Blu for.

I like kitsch. It would be more interesting to me to see every inch of the screen of any of the things I mentioned than something like Die Hard or Indiana Jones.

4. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

I agree, unfortunately we are in the minority. Cheers, Frasier, Batman: The Animated Series, WKRP, Barney Miller, Newhart and All in the Family would all be in my collection if they were on blu-ray. I'm waiting to see if Columbo ever drops to around $50.

The Twilight Zone blu-ray's are the absolute best in my collection in terms of picture quality, sound, extras and content quality. Die hard fans of the show owe it to themselves to upgrade to blu-ray just for that incredible set. The DVD's can't compete. I will pay anything for a 4K set of that magnificent show.

5. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    I keep DVDs too. If I like the packaging, I keep it, but most times, I put the DVD in a sleeve and stick it in the blu-ray case.

Harry Warden likes this.
  6. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    End of the road for me too. I've only upgraded a handful of discs to blu but buy all new releases and things I don't have in that format. However pawn shops around here sell discs for $1 for DVD and $4 and under for blu, so I have upgraded a few based on those prices and because DVDs are a dollar, I still buy the hell out of them. Way I figure it is I can put them all in albums and dump the amaray cases at some point. I want a physical copy of everything I like. It would be a dream to rip them all to mp4 but that is too time consuming.

7. Harry Warden

You know you want all of them X-human. This in your conscious talking....LOL ;)

8. Harry Warden

Yes sir. Sometime the blu artwork is different and I figure I already have a shitload of money invested in them, I might as well keep em. Plus, I have a blu ray player in the bedroom that plays both blu and dvds, but only a dvd play in the living room. Sometimes I just want to stay on the damn couch so I have to watch dvds only there, I've tried getting rid of some dvds and the don't pay shit in trade.