Violent Shit Movies on the Way on DVD in the US and More Synapse News!

Discussion in 'General' started by Nailwraps, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

Fangoria has given us the report that the first 3 Violent Shit Movies are making their way to DVD. Plus, more Synapse news!:

http://www.fangoria.com/index.php?o...g-from-synapse&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=167

"Fango spoke recently to the folks over at DVD company Synapse Films, who revealed that in addition to their exciting recent acquisition of a clutch of Hammer titles (see item here), they’re also planning new follow-ups to a couple of their popular collection discs. Synapse also has a boxed set on the way that’s sure to delight fans of German gore!

The biggest news is that Synapse has the long-awaited follow-up to SMALL GAUGE TRAUMA in the works. The first disc, released in 2006, assembled a batch of the best short fright flicks seen in the same-titled showcase at Montreal’s annual Fantasia genre festival, and SMALL GAUGE TRAUMA 2 (tentatively set to debut coinciding with Fantasia’s 2011 event next July) will offer a bunch more short-form shockers, hopefully with the same kinds of extensive extras seen in the previous edition.

The Synapse boys also gave us the scoop that as part of their ongoing 42ND STREET FOREVER series of trailer compilations, they’re collaborating once again with the gang from Austin, TX’s Alamo Drafthouse, with whom they teamed on last year’s 42ND STREET FOREVER VOLUME 5. And Synapse is still forging ahead with its first 42ND STREET Blu-ray, an assemblage of highlights from the first two DVDs in the franchise, plus new trailers and a fresh audio commentary as well.

Finally, the company is planning to squeeze out THE VIOLENT SHIT COLLECTION, a boxed set of splatterfests by Germany’s Andreas Schnaas. The package will include 1989’s VIOLENT SHIT, 1992’s VIOLENT SHIT II and 1999’s VIOLENT SHIT 3—INFANTRY OF DOOM, along with 1991’s ZOMBIE ’90: EXTREME PESTILENCE. Look for more info on all of these titles as Fango gets it!"

Great news for all those fans waiting anxiously for the first 3 films making to US DVD. Just a question for Don, are there also plans to re-release the film's spin-off Nikos (A.K.A. Violent Shit IV) and the latest film Karl The Butcher VS. Axe?

2. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

Hehe...Violent Shit. I saw a clip of Part III and it was...violent. Very much so.

But I'm still waiting on the exciting THREE AMAZING TITLES that Synapse has yet to reveal to us. Please. Don't keep us in anticipation anymore. :(

3. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Never saw any of the Violent Shit films. They any good?

4. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

same. i remember hearing about them about 10 years ago, when i first got online. they were one of those "legendary" films like ringu that very few people seemed to have actually seen, but their prominence on message boards dissolved pretty quick.

5. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

Never have really heard of them. Can't wait for 42nd Street Forever, Volume 6. Love all those old trailers. I have all Volumes on DVD, and will be purchasing it when it comes out on DVD.

6. Stige

Stige Active Member

these three titles are good and well, will probably buy zombie90 nostagic reasons but the three other highly anticipated titles are really going to be exciting ( hopefully)

7. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Yeah, I have Zombie '90 and it's just over the top gore, but not very professional by any means. It's more funny than anything else. I will definitely check out this upcoming release!

8. Getmoredvdsout

Getmoredvdsout New Member

I am more interested in the 3 "mystery" titles to be honest!

Come on, Don :)

9. jimil

jimil Guest

I own Nikos the Impaler and it's awful. This is micro-budget cinema done really poorly. I love gore and Nikos gore looks like Monty Python's when they shoot out multi-color streams. If the Violent Shit movies are anything like this, I'd stay far away.

10. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

I remember going to a convention back in '98 and some guy selling bootleg tapes had the first Violent Shit. I was going to get it, but then noticed he wanted $30 for it. :fuck: Thank god I had the wits about me to pass, cause I'm sure after watching it I would have regretted it.

11. SaxCatz

SaxCatz New Member

I'm very pleased with this announcement.
    As dave13 pointed about above, for many years these films were almost legend around the internet- yet so little was available about this that they almost seemed to be urban legend or "vaporware." If there was a real world parallel "La Fin Absolute Du Monde", then the original film had a chance of being it.
    I've taken (relatively) great lengths to see the Violent Shit Triology but to no avail.
    The closest I ever came was downloading the first film from a Newsgroup posting about 6-8 years ago. Unfortunately, it didn't play.
    Thanks to Synapse, I may finally get to experience Karl the Butcher-Shitter. At this point, even if the film completely stinks, I'll still be satisfied just to have seen it.

12. HAEMORRHAGE

HAEMORRHAGE If he dies, he dies

Well, it's about time Violent Shit got released in the U.S.!

13. SaxCatz

SaxCatz New Member

BTW... I don't suppose that anyone around here knows how to get a quick "Violent Shit" fix while we all wait for the official US release? :)

14. SynapseFilms

SynapseFilms Guest

Ha! :)

15. dolemite

dolemite New Member

Have a VHS of the 1st Violent Shit with no subtitles. Was...interesting. Might have to pick up the box set to see if it makes any sense at all. Still trying to figure out why that dude crawled out of Christ's abdomen.

16. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

I concur. :joshua:

17. Getmoredvdsout

Getmoredvdsout New Member

Can you at least tell us what decade/decades the movies are from?

Anticipation is a bad thing sometimes....haha

18. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Me as well. This has been driving me crazy! :cry:

19. fart_mike

fart_mike New Member

shock-o-rama put out violent shit 3 under the title "zombie doom" right around the same time they put out ittenbach's premutos (yes, the same voice over cast who made us all laugh during premutos are back for this one...i believe j.r. bookwalter and debbie rochon lend their voices)...zombie doom comes with schnaas' "zombie 90" as a bonus feature film...should be relatively cheap on amazon...i have all of andreas schnaas' work and am ridiculously excited about seeing violent shit 1 and 2 with subs or dubs...

20. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

Violent Shit is from 1987, Zombie '90: Extreme Pestilence is from 1991, Violent Shit 2 is from 1992, and Part 3 is from 1999.