Vinegar Syndrome - New Genre Label

Discussion in 'General' started by MorallySound, Sep 12, 2012.

1. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Zombie Dude likes this.
  2. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I almost fell off my chair when I put Trauma through checkout and saw shipping was going to cost $17! :eek:

baggio likes this.
  3. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Shipping is kinda crazy everywhere, man. And you're talking international.

On the plus side, I've been buying certain things at brick-and-mortar stores more lately, 'cuz even though they're more expensive than Amazon, by not having to pay shipping I end up spending less.

baggio and CPT HOOK like this.
  4. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I've ordered through them recently and I live in the UK. They have a 1 size fits all for international shipping. I ordered 10 titles in November and still paid $17 so my advise would be build up your wants then when you have a amount your happy with, place an order.

Based on this I will probably do 1 order a year most probably black Friday and order all the previous years wants, they will be on offer and I ballance out the postage, sure with some of them you won't get the slips, but I'm OK with that the film is the most important the slips are a nice to have.

russweiss and Zombie Dude like this.
  5. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

It sounds a bit like Malevolence, which I loved.

A lot of these Saturn Core movies I'd like to check out, but the prices seem a bit steep for SOV and I doubt I'd watch them more than once.

Katatonia likes this.
  6. Zombie Dude

Thanks for that. I'll definitely do what you've said. I sure there will be a few titles I want to grab coming out.

hots4 likes this.
  7. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Yeah, I agree. I do like older SOV films...but there were tons of them and many weren't the greatest to begin with. I'm all for old films getting resurrected on Blu-ray, but I doubt I really want to pay $20+ for an upscale of Death Nurse 2. o_O

CPT HOOK likes this.
  8. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with supporting brick-and-mortar stores. Need the competition.

hots4 and x666x like this.
  9. CPT HOOK

The Psycho Cop himself, Robert Shafer, seemed to confirm on social media that a blu-ray of the first movie is currently in the works from the fine folks at Vinegar Syndrome.

10. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Is it any good, I like the second but I've never heard anything good about the first, it seems like it's a generic bloodless slasher, is thst correct?

11. Zombie Dude

From memory it was nowhere as fun as the sequel. I remember thinking it was a pretty generic slasher that bored me with its slow pacing.

hots4 likes this.
  12. CPT HOOK

I mean, I guess it's a "generic slasher" (it's hot young 20-somethings at a house in the woods being picked off one by one), but as a slasher movie fan I find it super charming. It's considerably tamer and less bonkers than the sequel, but still more fun than any Maniac Cop movie.

Natas likes this.
  13. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Whoa! Maniac Cop 2 is absolute bonkers - bat shit - crazy stunts fun! The first Psycho Cop, on the other hand, is a chore to sit through........the sequel much improved/fun. These are my opinions......I welcome others :p

loutoad23 and fceurich39 like this.
  14. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Cheers all, my opinion on it hasn't changed, I welcome watching it, but buying! Nah! I would want to watch via stream or something before hand before dropping cash, my feeling is a may enjoy it but it won't be something I'll ever re-visit.

scott71670 likes this.
  15. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Agreed love mc2 and mc1 but part 3 is a mess I do enjoy both psycho cop films better than the 3rd maniac cop movie

16. scott71670

scott71670 Well-Known Member

I have pared way down on video buying as everything is usually double dipping from my collection. I dont really watch new movies so as far as that goes I just buy whatever Shudder releases as I really trust their curating skills and I usually just put them in the archive in case i feel like it someday. So I think its cool that people like you are watching before buying cus ultimately it means this stuff is being used in streaming which means it wont ever have to be out of press to casual viewers.

17. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Fair point the problem is with something like this the chances of it getting on a 'legitimate' stream is probably pretty rare, for me to see it I'm going to have to watch it, let's say, any way I can find it. I want to note I'm happy blind buying stuff I do it all the time, selling on after if I don't like it and usually making a few quid or loosing a few quid, so it balances it out. But for something like this were most of what I've heard is it's middle of road at best, I just can't bring myself for a blind buy, I just can't.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  18. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

baggio and Katatonia like this.
  19. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

So...subscribing is good for some people, but not for everyone. He's really going out on a limb there, huh?

20. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    I know it's crazy...but it in a weird way the advice helped me. I decided the subscription service wasn't for me since I'd rather just buy the ones I want for my collection and maybe someday check out the titles I don't care to own
    some kinda way down the line. I hate re-selling items since the hassle is just too much to deal with. I wish VS had a "try before you buy" streaming service, though.

Steel76 likes this.