Vinegar Syndrome - New Genre Label

Discussion in 'General' started by MorallySound, Sep 12, 2012.

1. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

I know it's a hot mess, but I always liked Carnival of Blood. How bad are the other 2 films in the Blood-A-Rama triple feature?

2. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

Honestly, I failed to make it through both of the other two. Night of the Strangler didn't even get to what it was about before I lost interest, but I think it was something with racism. If you like Carnival of Blood and don't have the set yet, get it for that movie alone. It's not much of a recommendation, but it was the only one I stuck with till the end.

satans-sadists likes this.
  3. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Will be placing an order once the site reopens I'll be getting 4 titles if they are in stock
    Creature with slip
    Trauma without slip
    Psycho cop returns
    Grandmother's house

Katatonia likes this.
  4. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Don't know why any of those would be out of stock....

The only one that will eventually sell out is Creature w/slip, and the days of them running out of slip copies on Black Friday are long gone; they're making 8-10k of them now, not 1000

fceurich39 likes this.
  5. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

They're removed from the website during December (partner releases only), so they're kind of out of stock right now.

They made 8,000 of the Creature Slipcovers, so it'll probably be quite a while before it actually sells out...

fceurich39 and Mutilated Prey like this.
  6. loutoad23

loutoad23 Active Member

Apparently the hysteria continues commentary for creature was edited for content by MGM? I hope the uncut track becomes available

7. loutoad23

loutoad23 Active Member

HORROR HIGH FINALLY!!

Attention! Attention! Black Friday shipping is finally over and the VS site will soon be back to normal! We just want to take one last opportunity to thank all of you for your support in 2021 and can't wait to share all we have in store for 2022, including more VSAs than ever before, more UHDs than ever before, world BD & UHD premiers of exploitation and drive-in classics like THRILLER: A CRUEL PICTURE (exclusively restored in 4K and in its only authorized home video release), SHRIEK OF THE MUTILATED (uncut and restored in 4K), and HORROR HIGH (freshly restored from recently unearthed film elements), plus more gialli and more Home Grown Horror!

satans-sadists likes this.
  8. Katatonia

VS also sent out an email earlier which gives a $6 coupon due to the Flesh for Frankenstein issue. It's tied to your email address though, so if you didn't order it direct from them... no coupon.

x666x and russweiss like this.
  9. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

Here is the email:

You are receiving this message because you ordered our recent FLESH FOR FRANKENSTEIN release from VinegarSyndrome.com. Due to a technical issue related to the UHD disc (see below), we have initiated a replacement program. Since you ordered directly from us, you will automatically be receiving the corrected UHD disc in late January. Unless your shipping address has recently changed, there is no reason to contact us.

To make up for this unfortunate error, we are issuing single-use $6 coupons to VinegarSyndrome.com. This coupon is valid now through March 31st for any Vinegar Syndrome related video product (VS, VSA, VSP, VSU, Peekarama). The code will not work on Partner Label products or merchandise. The code is also tied to your email address, so it is only valid for Flesh For Frankenstein customers. The $6 coupon code is: flesh6

Thank you everyone and have a Happy New Year!

~ Team VS

--- technical info ---

Some customers have experienced playback issues with the UHD disc of Flesh For Frankenstein. This issue has resulted in certain players and TVs presenting the film with exaggerated color saturation which is inaccurate to the intended presentation. We have determined the cause of this and are currently re-authoring the disc to ensure universal playability. The BDs are not affected.

Colin likes this.
  10. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

And remember, there will almost certainly be a smut sale on Valentine's Day. Save your coupon and boners for that.

11. KGBRadioMoskow

KGBRadioMoskow Makes any meat boneless!

Really, is there anyone on this board that can hold off on the later for a whole month and a half?

You ask too much of us, man.

12. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

New stuff is up now, very excited to see that Culture Shock is a new partner label and they're releasing Girlfriend From Hell in January. I didn't know that was coming so soon.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2022
    Katatonia likes this.
  13. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Culture Shock becoming a partner label makes my life so much easier, as I was planning on getting Girlfriend From Hell and The American Scream anyway.

Added the following three to my monthly subscription:
    Girlfriend From Hell
    Koko-Di Koko-Da
    Fortress Of Amerikkka

Had Killing Spree in my shopping cart, but wow they're overcharging on that one. Even after subscriber discounts, it's $25. Sinistre sounds intriguing, as do the AGFA nudie proto-slashers, but will wait for reviews on those. Finally, Canadian International Pictures sounds like an exciting partner label, but I don't think The Ernie Game is for me. Excited for what else they have in store though.

14. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

It's not as overpriced as the lousy SRS Cinema release was, back in 2015; $35 + 3.50 s/h. It looks like they still haven't located film elements, but a decent encode, alone, would be a substantial upgrade.

Katatonia likes this.
  15. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

From The Official Vinegar Syndrome Fan Group [Facebook]

russweiss and Katatonia like this.
  16. Katatonia

I'm thrilled that Killing Spree is finally getting a "good" release from Terror Vision. It's one of my favorite films, and I pretty much still own every single release since VHS. The old SRS Blu-ray had one of the shittiest encodes and bit-rates ever... so it wouldn't take much to improve on that. It was shot on film, but edited on video... and the 16mm film negatives are probably pretty much lost or were destroyed by the processing lab for non-payment (if I remember correctly).

Girlfriend From Hell is also a no-brainer, and the Slip looks gorgeous. It's good that Culture Shock is now on the Partner Labels roster.

One partner release that I definitely have absolutely no interest in is Koko-di Koko-da. I streamed that maybe 6 months ago and it was so utterly boring that I just couldn't even finish it. It's truly bad when I can't even sit through a film until the end. I usually give anything the benefit of the doubt. It's was literally just the same "scene" that plays over and over again with only subtle differences. I fast-forwarded through it...and it was just much of the same. The characters were fucking annoying as hell, and it makes little sense. Yeah, I get that it's basically an "art film" trying to do a profound Groundhog Day, but I'd rather stare at a blank wall for 90 minutes than try to watch it again. And I am a BIG lover of Scandinavian cinema too.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2022
    chancetx, russweiss and zbinks like this.
  17. Cooperkill

Cooperkill Well-Known Member

I thought about getting Dead Heat. Then I saw the $34.99 price and closed the site. It's good, but it's not that good.

Steel76, hots4 and Zombie Dude like this.
  18. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Yeah that my only issue with VS. They have some great releases but I find it very difficult to pull the trigger most of the time due to prices.

Steel76 and Cooperkill like this.
  19. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Can anyone here sell me on the shot-on-video Sinistre or the AGFA nudie-cutie proto-slasher double feature of The Monster Of Camp Sunshine/Honeymoon Of Terror?

Both sound intriguing, but I'm a bit picky when it comes to SOV and a lot of the AGFA / Something Weird titles are movies I'd watch once but don't necessarily care to own.

20. Katatonia

I saw Sinistre many years ago on VHS... it was actually filmed not too far away from here in Missouri. I honestly don't remember too much about it anymore, other than it started with a failed bank heist, and then they somehow get to a deserted house that was once the scene of a multiple axe murder. I do recall it being decent for an almost no-budget SOV, but very dark with minimal lighting. Maybe it will look better upscaled on Blu-ray, who knows.

I haven't seen the AGFA ones.

CPT HOOK likes this.