Vinegar Syndrome - New Genre Label

Discussion in 'General' started by MorallySound, Sep 12, 2012.

1. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Great, that's very helpful! You can even order them by release date which will suit my needs.

I'm contemplating signing up for Blu-ray.com and just putting all post-FilmAf purchases on there. I used software to capture my FilmAf pages so I have all that viewable in browser. But the FilmAf guys have uploaded the database with instructions on how to get a server going which would not be impossible for me to do so I may try it. It's been a few years since I last dabbled in Linux though.

I'm slammed right now however. I'll think more seriously about it in December.

f.ramses and Katatonia like this.
  2. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

I'll watch any 80's slasher once, so I was excited to sit down with Whodunit? last night, and... I'm not quite sure what to make of it. The title generically hints that this is a murder mystery, but the characters are all so oddly depicted. You don't get a sense of who these characters are, except in the broadest of terms - there's gloomy dude #1 and #2, skinny dude with glasses, anonymous dude, beefcake dude, bad actress girl, girl with her leg in a cast, and third girl. There's also cranky old dude, director dude, and handsome producer dude. It's almost as if the script was written by someone with little concept of how people think, react, and interact, and that person resorted to shallow archetypes to create the drama. The novelty here is an amateurish punk rock song that is played every time someone is killed, echoing how they die - "burn me, burn me" or "spear me, spear me." There is a moderately suspenseful final chase, and some of the gore is okay - such as the boiling scene, the acid shower, and the dismemberment by chainsaw. Am I being to harsh on this? Any fans out there?

baggio, gobad2003, fceurich39 and 2 others like this.
  3. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

4. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

VS just sent this out.

As we close out this crazy year, we want to thank all of you for believing in us and believing in genre film preservation. We say this every year and mean it every time: we can't do it without you. With your help, we've been able to digitally restore over 500 feature films and physically preserve thousands of others in our film archive, and with your continued support that number will just keep on growing!

We've spent the last few months putting together what we truly feel is a stellar lineup for 2021; better than any previous year. Not only will there be at least two more giallo collections, more slashers, crazy Euro-horror, jaw dropping regional horror, 70s exploitation, Mexican horror and exploitation, but as package subscribers you will receive exclusive 50% off SRP coupons for everything released by our sub-labels, VSA and VSU, and starting in 2021, all Partner Label releases (AGFA, Fun City, Utopia, Pulse, etc.) will also have subscriber-exclusive 50% off SRP coupons! Just think of the possibilities!

To thank you for your loyalty, we are also offering returning subscribers a $70 coupon for the 2021 packages. That's an additional savings of around 8%, depending on which package option you select! Coupon code: 2021subscriber

Speaking of coupon codes, the two new VSA releases will have the codes listed on their product pages. The VSA code will remove $8 from each of the VSA releases. Important note: our cart is limited to one coupon code per checkout. So you will need to place one order for the 2021 package and another for the VSAs.

To minimize confusion as to which releases are already included in your package, we will be including that information on the product pages. It will be easy to find out, just read the descriptions prior to purchase.

Lastly, we've made an important change for hardcore titles, in that all such releases (including French/Euro hardcore) will be released under our Peekarama sub-label. Just like VS, Peekarama will be Blu-ray only from here on out. Same quality restorations. Same stellar slipcovers. Just a different branding. This doesn't affect the subscriptions in the sense that we are going to continue offering multiple options, the COMPLETIONIST package will include Peekarama whereas the HORROR & EXPLOITATION package will not. Also, even if you purchase the HORROR & EXPLOITATION package, you'll still receive coupons to buy them a-la-carte, at 50% off SRP. And this doesn't mean we are slowing down, 2021 will have just as many hardcore Blu-rays as 2020.

See you Friday!

~ Team VS

5. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Nice that they're giving a $70 coupon to use. I'm upgrading from the Halfway to Yearly subscription this time around!

I also received my $25 coupon via email that I won on their social media contest. :)

chancetx likes this.
  6. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

7. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

VS sent another update. They mention having 250 copies of RAD without the slipcovers near the end of the email. If you want the title and don't want to pay Ebay prices this may be a good chance.

First of all, the sale will start at 12:01 AM EST on Friday, November 27th. Last year we ended up going live a few minutes ahead of schedule, but this year we’re gonna be on the dot and will be relying on www.time.gov as a reference.

As a final refresher, here’s what’s in store:

• Don Coscareli’s THE BEASTMASTER making its worldwide 4k UHD and North American Blu-ray debut, in a gorgeous package and featuring a brand new and exclusive feature length making of doc, directed by Elijah Drenner (American Grindhouse)!

• Vernon Zimmerman’s cinephile slasher, FADE TO BLACK, making its worldwide Blu-ray debut, loaded to the gills with newly produced extras!

• Our second installment in the Forgotten Gialli collection, featuring a trio of prime-period (i.e. early 70s classics): MY DEAR KILLER, THE FRENCH SEX MURDERS, and THE GIRL IN ROOM 2A, with the latter two being the longest versions ever on home video, and all newly restored from their original negatives!

• Two surprise VS Blu-rays, both long unavailable 80s slashers, one of which is our hotly anticipated 3D BD debut!

• Two new action packed VSA titles!

• Fresh partner label releases (including one surprise title) from AGFA and Pulse Video!

• New merch, including more apparel and an amazing tie in to our 3D release that you won’t wanna miss!

• And probably even more that we’ll remember right after sending this email!

---

Speaking of remembering things, don’t forget that the Black Friday sale is your only chance to sign up for one of our outrageous yearly package subscriptions. If you somehow don’t know all the perks, they are: 50% off SRP on every single VS branded release, so you can save big on films like the never-on-disc slasher SHALLOW GRAVE, the wild French brain melter DEVIL STORY, the 42nd street classic DEATH PROMISE, the Lovcraft inspired CTHULHU MANSION, the gory, no-budget regional thrills of BEYOND DREAM’S DOOR, along with literally dozens more, including more giallo collections, slashers, 70s sleaze, etc! As an added bonus, subscribers receive exclusive 50% off SRP coupons for all VS sub-labels, including VSA and VSU (and any others we might add throughout the year) plus, beginning in 2021, subscribers will also get 50% coupons for all Partner Label titles! That means exclusive discounts on everyone we distribute starting in January from AGFA, Fun City Editions, Utopia, Pulse Video, and any others that might join the fold! We guarantee there’s no better way to get your monthly genre film fix.

---

Now perk up your eyes for this one…

We had around 250 extremely damaged RAD lenticular slipcovers from our Halfway sale. Due to that, we have 250 slip-less versions of RAD that will be available on Friday. If you already have a copy of RAD, please do the right thing, and do not double dip.

Once these slip-less versions of RAD are sold, we have nothing left. As in zero. These will go quick (like a couple minutes quick), so get to our sale exactly at 12:01am EST if you want a shot. Also, just adding these to your cart will not reserve your copy, your copy will not be reserved until you completely finish the checkout process. So, if you really need RAD, buy it first and then use our nifty "Add to my existing sale order" FREE shipping option to add any additional orders to your package. Obviously, limit 1 per customer. Also, during the past six months we've received thousands of emails (not kidding) from people trying to buy copies of RAD. To be fair to all, we do not take 'dibs' via email (or phone or anything).

---

Remember, the site will go live at exactly 12:01am EST on Friday, November 27th. Let the nail biting begin...

visit vsblackfriday.com for more information

~ Team VS

Kim Bruun likes this.
  8. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

I am STOKED about Beyond Dream’s Door - brimming over with ideas, it’s got that regional, almost homespun quality, and the relative lack of polish adds to the eerie, kinda-sorta Lovecraftian vibe. Seriously, a Blu-ray of this has been on my wish list for years.

MorallySound likes this.
  9. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Also colour me stoked that I can retire my VHS of this one. Hopefully they include both versions - the Director's Cut and the original VidAmerica VHS version.

Kim Bruun likes this.