Vinegar Syndrome - New Genre Label

Discussion in 'General' started by MorallySound, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Wow. This is one of those super eerie coincidences.

I watched Double Exposure on Friday night, and as I mentioned, it reminded me of the 70s TV show Police Story.
    Police Story airs Saturday night on the H&I Network. Who guest starred in one of last night's episodes? Michael Callan and Joanne Pettet, the stars of Double Exposure.

2. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Yet another mini-review (FYI, there will be a LOT of these coming. I bought 20+ discs at the recent sale and haven't gotten to half of them)

Satan's Slave - Sort of a confusing title as there are two other recent releases with the same title, both Indonesian films I believe. This is a British film, by Norman J. Warren, director of other VS titles Prey and Terror (also Bloody New Year, but I haven't seen that one). Of those three films, Satan's Slave is the least interesting. It's VERY talky, and without the heavy atmosphere and dread had this been a Hammer production. There's a couple of violent scenes near the end, but not quite as operatic as Terror (which I highly recommend). There's a fair bit of nudity, but nothing quite as hot as the Glory Annen sex scene in Prey (also recommended). I'll wanna give this one another viewing sometime down the road (full disclosure, I started getting bored and checking my phone about 50 minutes in) maybe I missed something, but I doubt it.