Vinegar Syndrome - New Genre Label

Discussion in 'General' started by MorallySound, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

So is Rad done now that's it's sold out or is a standard sort of release coming?

2. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

They had a special deal with the rights holders and there will not be any repressings. That's why it sold 1,000 copies in an hour when their site went live again late last month.

Zombie Dude and Katatonia like this.
  3. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

Zombie Dude, Katatonia and fattyjoe37 like this.
  4. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. Looks like I'll stick with my downloaded version then. Shame the rights holders had to be difficult about getting this back into circulation.

5. zbinks

August 2020 Package (The Caller / Pandemonium / Indecent Exposure): https://vinegarsyndrome.com/collections/vinegar-syndrome/products/august-2020-package

The Caller (included in all subscriptions): https://vinegarsyndrome.com/collections/vinegar-syndrome/products/the-caller

Pandemonium (included in all subcriptions): https://vinegarsyndrome.com/collections/vinegar-syndrome/products/pandemonium?s=recomatic

Indecent Exposure (included in completionist subscriptions): https://vinegarsyndrome.com/collections/vinegar-syndrome/products/indecent-exposure

Limbo [AGFA] (not included in any subscriptions): https://vinegarsyndrome.com/collections/vinegar-syndrome/products/limbo-agfa

Alphabet City [Fun City Editions] (not included in any subscriptions): https://vinegarsyndrome.com/collections/vinegar-syndrome/products/alphabet-city-fun-city-editions

baggio and Katatonia like this.
  6. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I went ahead and ordered Alphabet City to add to my subscriber package. I vaguely remember either renting that on VHS (or catching on late-night cable) years and years ago, and it was quite good.

Limbo though? Ehh, I don't know. The Bleeding Skull! commentary has me intrigued, but...

zbinks likes this.
  7. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

Nothing for me in the July/August announcements... Oh well, I recently picked up their May release of The Severed Arm, and I really enjoyed it. I’ve seen it before, but this is the first time where I could actually see that guy’s arm being ripped out of its socket near the end. It’s a well-made little piece of low-budget 70’s horror which falls into the photo-slasher category.

I’m really hoping VS will have more regional horror from that period among their fall releases. At the top of my personal wish list are titles like Hollywood Meatcleaver Massacre and Silent Night, Bloody Night. Oh, and Last House on Dead End Street, obviously, but I’m not getting my hopes up - when it happens, it happens.

8. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Silent Madness seems to be the odds on favorite for the November, horror 3D release.

Myron Breck and hots4 like this.
  9. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

I'm only interested in 2 of those eight releases. More proof (to myself) that the yearly package just isn't for me.

10. zbinks

https://vinsyn.campayn.com/web_vers...Stakmail/229756/2299393/487073381/none/none/0

11. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

satans-sadists likes this.
  12. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Well-Known Member

This already has a BluRay release by 88 Films so that doesn't really fit their description (though that BluRay isn't exactly amazing).

13. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Continuing my way through my Halfway haul, last night I watched Malibu High.

Ignore the cover art, which makes it look like a dumb teenage sex comedy (not that there's anything wrong with those, of course). This is a really good exploitation flick with a female lead. I'd call it a "revenge" movie, as it has all the elements usually seen in those types of movies, with the exception that she's really not seeking revenge. But if you like that style of movie, and don't really care about the motivation, then this is the one for you. The acting is poor to mediocre, but the film doesn't really suffer. Lots of nudity from the female lead, some but not enough from her romantic rival. Tons of extras, including commentary from said romantic rival, so I'm gonna check that out. A solid release from VS.

[​IMG]

14. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

So... Slashers?

Ptflea mentioned Silent Madness. There's also:

Silent Night, Bloody Night
    He Knows You're Alone
    (Paramount)
    Honeymoon Horror (Sony)
    Scared Alive aka Island of Blood aka Whodunit?
    Night Screams
    The Night Brings Charlie

...just to name a few. But what about Mexican horror?

Cemetery of Terror (teenagers accidentally raise an entire graveyard from the dead with a magic book)
    Don't Panic (teenagers fool around with a Ouija board and a series of violent deaths ensues)
    Ladrones de tumbas (teenagers retrieve an axe from a tomb, unwittingly awakening a murderous undead Satanist)
    Trampa infernal (a group of young people are terrorised by a disfigured war veteran in the woods)

Stupid teenagers! That said, I'd happily take any of the above.

15. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

It sounds like one of the November 4K releases will be the French cult Christmas horror Dial Code Santa Claus.

Also, some shifts in the schedule:

Due to ongoing Italian lab delays, we've had to push the giallo collection back to November. But I think we've more than made up for the delay.

So here's the new lineup through November (all of these are included for subscribers):
    SEPTEMBER:
    80s MGM slasher [never legally on disc]
    Supernatural slasher
    Gory Italian horror

OCTOBER:
    Rest in Pieces
    Never on disc 80s slasher [non-MGM]
    Action/Thriller/Horror hybrid
    Giallo

16. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

17. zbinks

Note to subscribers: Spellcaster is a VSA title and NOT INCLUDED in the subscription, but does have a subscriber only discount. Discount code: spellcaster

Katatonia likes this.
  18. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I friggin' LOVE Spellcaster, always have... this is exceptional news. So of course I'm ordering it straight away with the subscriber discount code.

I also put in an order for the AGFA Sometimes Aunt Martha Does Dreadful Things w/Slipcover. I never did get around to buying the old VS DVD of it for some reason or another, so this is good news too.

The upcoming September package is all my cup of tea. My August subscriber package shipped from VS earlier this morning as well...

19. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

A rare time that I'm interested in all the releases. Minus Sometimes Aunt Martha... Spellcaster is a surprise to me. Only seen it once on cable ages ago, liked it from what I remember.

I see they even cut the price a tiny bit for getting all 4. Should be even lower like $80, but at least it's something.

20. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

A few weeks ago, TMC's "Splatterday" had some old Christmas-themed horror, but I can't for the life remember the title. At the end though, the familiar Vinegar Syndrome logo and wacka-ja-wacka theme song played. Couldn't find it in the VS catalog, will that be an upcoming title?