Vinegar Syndrome - New Genre Label

Discussion in 'General' started by MorallySound, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Be sure to throw some comments here; it's on my list for next weekend's sale

CPT HOOK likes this.
  2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Yeah, Pale Blood is kind of average at best, but the Slipcover does look really superb.

I finished the Giallo set a few days ago. I'd never seen any of the three films before this, but they were all entertaining. No classics or anything, but I would revisit them in the future.

3. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I watched pale blood a couple of nights ago I thought it was bad. Took a lot for me to get to the end. Bit of nudity very little gore. If it wasn't for wings it would been a complete waste.

4. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Oops. My bad. Should have clarified. I'm looking for opinions on the Forgotten Gialli set

Zombie Dude likes this.
  5. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

6. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Remember everyone. 12:31 am, sale starts.

loutoad23 likes this.
  7. loutoad23

loutoad23 Active Member

Cant wait for the title reveals!

baggio likes this.
  8. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Should start around 12:01AM EST.

VS has been doing this long enough so that the site shouldn't crash if you get there right when the sale begins. I believe they'll have a few extra copies of Vice Academy and Evil Town available right when the sale goes live, and they won't last for long. These are both OOP, so these should be the last copies out there!

9. CPT HOOK

I've only watched two of the three so far.

Trauma is a movie that holds no surprises whatsoever. I still found it very enjoyable. The movie has great atmosphere and the lead actress is very good. Suitable sleazy. Not a ton of kills, but they're spaced out fairly well to keep you engaged. I liked it.

The Police Are Blundering In The Dark is maybe less predictable, but also less interesting. There are certainly more red herrings in the mix, but much less carnage. After the two opening kills, the killer disappears for about an hour, only returning for the last 15 minutes or so. My interest was drifting throughout the middle.

I had meant to watch the third movie, but was worried these might get a little too repetitious, so decided to take a few nights off. Will get back to it soon.

10. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Whoops, left out EST.

Now, to be clear. If one bought the Rad (5 film package deal), then nothing "new" needs to be bought? Not talking about the sale on old titles/slips. meaning there's no other brand new titles to pick up?

11. CPT HOOK

I would assume the 5 film package includes RAD, The Immortalizer, Patty Hearst, and the two surprise titles (likely Blood Games and The Severed Arm). In addition, there will be two surprise VSA titles available that would have to be purchased separately. They also have a new AGFA title that would have to be purchased separately. I believe the June releases will also be up for pre-order (the movies in the 5 film pacakage are May releases). So yeah, it'll be worth checking out when the sale goes live to see if any of those are of interest to you.

Also, don't forget there's an option to save on shipping by adding additional purchases to your existing order. So if you ordered the 5 movie deal, you can add any of these to your order without paying for additional shipping.

baggio likes this.
  12. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Does anyone know if you sign up for the Halfway Subscriber package on this sale, when does that technically "start" for titles? I am planning on signing up this time around.

13. loutoad23

loutoad23 Active Member

So I get paid bi weekly, and opposite my girlfriend. I dont get paid tomorrow so looked at her and just said "VS halfway to black friday sale" to which she rolled her eyes and replied "how much are you borrowing?" She is from CT too so I made sure to mention they are in Bridgeport haha

14. CPT HOOK

In the past, it has started with the June titles. So even if you subscribe now, you'll still have to buy RAD, The Immortalizer, etc.

Katatonia likes this.
  15. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

So, due to a turn of good luck, there were two weeks in April/May that I drew TWO paychecks despite working one job (I was hired by a new outfit, they started paying me in April even though I didn't have to show up till May). That and my 2019 tax refund, and for once I could afford a subscription.

But I won't do it. That money will be knocking out some CC debt and going towards replacing my 20-year old car which is nearing a quarter million miles. I will, however, be spending more than usual at this VS sale. I should pretty much eliminate my "Need" items from the Checklist.

16. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

I enjoy hearing stories like this nowadays.....with a lot of folks hurting financially. Good for you!! Hope tonight's sale treats you well.

I actually just closed on my house that's been for sale for 3 months today.......fucking tsunami just hit my bank account. I do believe I'll treat myself to a half off Vinegar disc or two tonight....

Zombie Dude likes this.
  17. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Half Way Sale 2020 items revealed!

Mystery titles revealed: BLOOD GAMES and THE SEVERED ARM (as mentioned above).

The two new VSA titles: DR. JECKYLL'S DUNGEON OF DEATH and L.A. WARS.

LE Slipcovers added: PUNK VACATION, NIGHT TRAIN TO TERROR, EVILS OF THE NIGHT, and THE PSYCHIC KILLER.

June titles: OLD DRACULA, BEST FRIENDS, and I LIKE TO WATCH/SORORITY SWEETHEARTS.

Some new shirt designs, enamel pins, and MINIATURE slipcovers with bonus mystery item inside also available!

18. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

I picked up the Amityville & Angel collections, but that's IT. I'm NOT buying anything else.....

Horrorphilly likes this.
  19. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

It's a long weekend and I may come back for more. But my first order is:

The Candy Snatchers (slip)
    Deadline (slip)
    Olivia (slip)
    Forgotten Gialli Volume 1
    Pets
    Sweet Sugar
    Satan's Slave
    Don't Answer The Phone