Vinegar Syndrome - New Genre Label

Discussion in 'General' started by MorallySound, Sep 12, 2012.

1. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

2. scott71670

scott71670 Active Member

As a have hoped for years, am hoping for AIPs Some of my Best Friends Are... I had hoped for either Criterion or Vinegar Syndrome to release it, as there is no difference between the two for me.

chancetx likes this.
  3. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

VinegarSyndrome.com Pre-Quarantine Sale
    We are doing one final sale before going into state-mandated quarantine mode on Tuesday!

Yesterday, the Governor of Connecticut announced that all 'non-essential' businesses must close their doors on Monday by 8 PM EST. Although we are not completely shutting down our operation, we are going to be focusing all resources on getting our brain-busting May slate readied for manufacturing, and making arrangements for our staff to work from home, if possible.

In order to keep functioning, albeit at much less than full capacity, and to comply with state regulations, we're going to be suspending shipments from our website in the short term, starting Tuesday. We are optimistic that this web-order shipping suspension will be short lived and we are working on the most efficient and legal ways to continue our shipping operation. But, while that's being decided on, we're doing a [hopefully] short moratorium. Of course, with this in mind, our revenue will take a serious hit (even in the winter, we still have 4 figure electric bills; one of the many 'perks' of operating a film archive) so this sale is very much of a short term lifeline.

Therefore, this weekend only, through early Monday morning EST, you can enjoy an additional 15% off our already discounted prices on most everything in our store, with the EXCEPTION of April pre-orders. Yes, that's literally every single VS release (including 2020 titles), shirts, merch and even most Staff Picks! You will automatically receive the additional 15% off, at checkout, if the product is eligible.

We will do everything in our powers to make sure that as many orders as possible can get sent out on Monday. To help streamline our packing and shipping, please-please-please take your time placing your order, because in an effort to speed up our shipping process, we will NOT be combining orders.

So get started now and get stocked up for this upcoming social distancing season, while keeping in mind that you're not just helping the VS team get through this, but ensuring the continued safety of thousands of film elements.

Be safe and thanks for your support!

~ Team VS

-----------------

Got $8.99 off the Amityville set.

X-human likes this.
  4. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I know I shouldn't buy stuff now, but I couldn't help myself.

Count Dracula's Great Love
    Double Exposure

5. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

The grapevine rumors seem to be that VS will indeed be releasing RAD as their "very special title" announced on March 27th-March 30th. If so, I would guess it will be their 2nd UHD title as well.

The movie is supposed to be "announced" on Friday according to the RAD insiders, so the pieces seem to fit. Either way, it looks like RAD is getting a physical release finally after all these years.

baggio, Angelman and loutoad23 like this.
  6. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

7. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Ooh. If this turns out to be true. They need to release this with one of their special heavyweight slips. Like the one for Hell Comes to Frogtown. A release like this deserves it.

Katatonia likes this.
  8. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Not only is VS announcing their UHD tomorrow (most likely RAD), but also two other titles for May.

If that wasn't enough, Arrow and Severin are also announcing their June lineups tomorrow.

Hoping for some good reveals!

Kim Bruun and loutoad23 like this.
  9. Katatonia

Well some people were trashing RAD over on another forum known for it's asshole-ism, claiming it was a lame "little kid's film" :rolleyes:, and John Lyons posted that was nonsense (entirely correct) and offered his support of the film and VS widening their scope and such... and the whining idiots basically all shut up then. He sure didn't deny at all that VS are releasing it like he has before when other films were "guessed" at, and it seemed like he is actually a fan of the film.

I guess we'll see tomorrow morning if it's true or not. If it's not VS then it has to at least be Severin, as they are also announcing titles tomorrow. I'd prefer it was VS as they do a better job overall, and I'm about 95% sure it is them... but regardless, at least the film is definitely finally coming out by some studio.

As for the Slip, I could easily see it being a 3-D Lenticular like the Tammy and the T-Rex one was. :D

baggio and loutoad23 like this.
  10. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Yeah, I will say Rad is not a film one would expect from VS. But I'm glad that they want to expand there genres. And Rad is a cool film, by the great Hal Needham. These people over on the other forum can take a hike.

Katatonia likes this.
  11. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Those people should watch Catch My Soul, also a Vinegar Syndrome release (granted, part of the "Etiquette Pictures" line, now discontinued, but still carries the VS logo).

loutoad23 likes this.
  12. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

For those playing along at home, the other two movies being announced tomorrow are:

- A 1988 MGM thriller with a star-studded cast and the highest-profile director in the VS catalogue.
    - A 1989 MGM "delightfully trashy low-rent horror/sleaze film". Not a slasher movie (but several MGM owned slashers are on the way)

Titles like Blood Nasty and The Freeway Maniac (music issues) have already been ruled out.

13. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

I've never seen Rad, I don't know if I'd even like Rad, but I hope it is Rad just to annoy the self-entitlement types. The whining over what VS should / should not be releasing or should / should not be including in their subscriber packages is overwhelming, and I love it when "John Lyons" / "Lee Jones" shuts it down.

baggio, Zombie Dude and Katatonia like this.
  14. Katatonia

Exactly zbinks!

VS can release anything they want as far as I'm concerned. True, they center mainly on vintage Adult films and Exploitation/Horror, but I like the fact that they think outside the box and aren't afraid to release things that might annoy some people. He also mentioned he'd release The Willies or Clownhouse in an instant if given the rights. The stigma attached to those films doesn't bother VS.

baggio, hots4, loutoad23 and 2 others like this.
  15. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I know the issues with clownhouse but what are the problems with the willies?

16. loutoad23

loutoad23 Active Member

The Willies Director is a convicted pedophile

17. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

Rad, Patty Hearst and The Immortalizer confirmed.

https://vinegarsyndrome.com/collections/vinegar-syndrome/products/everything-2020-halfway-flash

Halfway subscription details:

https://vinegarsyndrome.com/collect...020-halfway-package-flash-pre-order-exclusive

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020 at 2:07 PM
    Katatonia likes this.
  18. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Ow OK, did not know that, that makes the title of said film a little more awkward!

loutoad23, scott71670 and Zombie Dude like this.
  19. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

20. Katatonia

I have the old MGM "MOD" DVD-R release that came out about 5 years ago. It's a pretty fun late 80's film IMO...

Anyways, glad to see RAD was the correct big UHD title. The Lenticular + Holographic Slipcover should look amazing. My absolute most wanted "still unreleased" release I can now check off my list. All hail the mighty Vinegar Syndrome! :):):)

baggio and loutoad23 like this.