Vinegar Syndrome - New Genre Label

Discussion in 'General' started by MorallySound, Sep 12, 2012.

1. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Well-Known Member

i always wonder if these people are as vigilant in their own workspace as they expect others to be

loutoad23 and Myron Breck like this.
  2. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

LOVED Nightbeast! So much fun! I was kind of expecting something like Bloodsuckers From Outer Space or Invasion Of The Blood Farmers, but this was so much better. It actually reminded me more of The Children in the quaint small town vibe where you have all these quirky locals and the everyman cop who knows them all personally. Also, the pace is way faster. This movie opens with stuff that is usually saved for the third-act of most movies, and it never stops from there. Not to mention the hilarious sex scene that makes Madman and Night Screams look erotic.

Good extras too! I was surprised to see J.J. Abrams interviewed (it was an older interview, probably from mid-'00s). Don Dohler's interview must have been right before his death. He died in 2006, but mentions Alias, Lost, and Mission: Impossible 3.

Mutilated Prey and zbinks like this.
  4. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Invasion of the Blood Farmers is a movie I will NEVER see.

The cover art is so lurid and graphic and horrifying, there's no way the movie could actually live up to it. So I'd rather keep the much nastier movie in my imagination rather than watch it and be utterly disappointed. Sort of like the Stephen Wright joke: "I watched a football game with my grandfather. They scored a touchdown, and when they showed the instant replay, he thought they scored again. I was gonna correct him, but I decided the game he was watching was better than the real one"

5. CPT HOOK

^ You're not wrong

6. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

Loved it as well. Feels “home movie” like Dohler’s others but super entertaining.

7. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

8. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Quick question. The VS is still closed correct?

9. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I believe so. It looks like it's taking a little longer than normal to get their Halfway to Black Friday sale stuff shipped (just visit the Blu Ray.com Forum for proof), and they don't put the site back up till they're finished shipping and doing an inventory.

I got my order a couple of days ago. Haven't watched any yet, but I popped 'em all in for a preview. I really love the work they do on the films they release. It can be tough sometimes, as often the films are really bad, and no amount of restoration can make a bad film good. But you have to respect the effort and appreciation they give all movies, regardless of filmmaking quality. I wish I could afford to get every movie they release, but it's just not in my budget, especially when so many of their releases are of movies that are just so unwatchable. Still, I'd love to see them anyway, at least once.

10. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Oh ok. Just wondering. I thought maybe my browser was stuck on some page/cookies. Then that admin password section upper right.

11. CPT HOOK

June bundle is here (along with today's release of New York Ripper):

IMG_20190625_131907.jpg

fceurich39 likes this.