Vinegar Syndrome - New Genre Label

Discussion in 'General' started by MorallySound, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

^ Let us know what you think about Satan's Slave. It's on my list for BF.

You know what the best part of a VS sale is? Going over to the Blu-Ray.com forum and watch everyone just straight up lose their shit 'cause they haven't got their order yet.

2. gobad2003

gobad2003 Active Member

Yeah, I don't know what that's about. I got mine 3 days after the sale :D I guess I got lucky, Yet it was missing one of my dvd's "Lust for Freedom" but I e-mailed them and they said they would send one out so all is good. This sale really killed my wallet but so many great titles.

3. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

I only picked up Nightbeast.

I’ve been so busy at work I don’t even know when I’ll have time to watch a movie that isn’t related directly to work.

4. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

5. delicreep

delicreep Active Member

That's the bi-annual freak-out. VS says "we hope to have everything shipped by such-and-such date" and there are always a number of people who didn't pay attention. So far, nothing too bad. Mostly, it seems to be people who haven't received a notice or have had their tracking info stuck at the initial scan. Certainly mild compared to Black Friday last year, when a handful started earnestly bitching way too early about not getting a notification.

chancetx likes this.
  6. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

To be honest, I haven't been crazy about their Euro-horror releases, so Satan's Slave isn't at the top of my pile. I'm sure I'll check it out eventually though. Will report back when I do (I'm sure it'll be before BF).

I've never seen Nightbeast or Evil Town, so I'm excited to finally see those!

7. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Nightbeast is a hoot in a Humanoids from the Deep kinda way if I recall - lemme know whatcha think. It's been a while. Evil Town seems a little too silly for me, but I'm intrigued.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    Katatonia and CPT HOOK like this.
  8. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

I got a shipping notice the day after the sale ended but it hasn't really updated since then. I'm not worried about it; I know it will get here. I feel like amazon has really spoiled people and given unrealistic shipping expectations.

Katatonia likes this.
  9. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Hmm, weird. I've had it show that way before, but then it just suddenly shows up on the tracking number that's it is at the local post office and due for delivery that very day.

I received my order a couple of days ago from VS. Since it had the "Secret Pre-order package" already I think it probably shipped right after the yearly subscribers... or at least they previously stated before that those orders did.

My Lust in the Dust Slipcover fell apart immediately though. The back flap with the glue on it must have not been attached very good or something. I probably could have attempted to glue it shut, but I don't know how well that would have worked out. That's the first time I've had that happen with these...but I contacted them and they said they would just mail a replacement to me. VS always has exemplary customer service.

10. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

I don’t know how spoiled I am. I’ve been waiting for Amazon to ship a package to me for five days now, and this happens frequently. It’s like they ship everything in secrecy to the closest Amazon warehouse and only then will they send out a notice that it’s in the mail. I find it more than a little annoying. They try to impress me with how it only takes a day to get to my door but I know that it’s just an illusion. I prefer to deal with the UK store over the US one. They’ll ship out within 24 hrs and that’s that.

11. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

12. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Oh, it's gotten deeper now. There's people there threatening to cancel orders. I find it highly entertaining to read. (And no, I haven't gotten mine yet either. It'll get here when it's good and ready)

Katatonia likes this.
  13. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I ordered 5 titles which have yet to arrive as well (haven't even received a ship notice). I'm in no hurry so it doesn't bother me.

14. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I mean, you can always get stuff shipped lightning fast, just not during their 50% off sale. You want stuff half off, you have to wait a little longer to get it.

15. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Exactly. People need to realize that it's the "Subscribers" who's stuff ships out first on these sales, then it's the "Secret Pre-orders" that ship out next... and then everybody else. VS pretty much have thousands of orders to ship out, and everyone is going to get their stuff eventually. These people who are threatening to cancel orders are seriously overreacting. :rolleyes:

I already received a replacement for the Lust in the Dust Slipcover in the mail today. They have great customer service that's for sure.

SilentScreams likes this.
  16. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

They should all get a fucking life, chill out, if this is the worst thing happening in your life at the moment then your a lucky bunch of bastards!

17. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I hate discussing another forum's members on this one, but damn the people there give our hobby a bad name. And I know some of us are also users there (not me, there I just lurk), so I certainly won't say everyone on that forum is an idiot, but they sure seem to outnumber the smart ones, that's for sure.

18. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Anyone that’s bitching about longer than usual shipping, send ‘em my way. I’ll tell them where to go, and how to get there. VS and The Archive kick ass.

19. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

The past two weeks of that thread has been nothing but:
    "mine shipped"
    "Mine shipped"
    "same here"
    "Where's mine?
    "mine shipped"

Wake me when the July titles are announced. Play Dead and Hellmaster are two of them.

20. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

Everyone. Please. Remain calm. My order arrived today.