Vinegar Syndrome - New Genre Label

Discussion in 'General' started by MorallySound, Sep 12, 2012.

1. gobad2003

gobad2003 Active Member

Very nice, I got my order too except everything was packed a little too tightly in the box and my "The Children" slip-cover was damaged :( I sent then an e-mail so hopefully I get a replacement because that slip is sweet looking.

2. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I don't think they were doing a FIFO on the orders; they even said nothing was shipping till Wednesday at the earliest. And considering that they sold all 3000 copies of Mausoleum with a limit of one per customer, at MINIMUM there were 3000 orders they had to fill. I got my shipping notice on Friday, and the website is still down while they concentrate on shipping. I can wait, but I'm antsy too. [Bill Clinton]I feel your pain[/Bill Clinton]. Hoping to get my stuff before the weekend, but it doesn't look good.

3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I think they said subscribers first, then flash pre-orders, then the rest. I'm a subscriber and I just got mine today (along with Massage Parlor Murders and Good Luck Miss Wycoff, not pictured, two of their earliest releases that I had never picked up).

It sat in transit for a while though. Expected delivery on the USPS site was yesterday and it missed it. I have another package en route from BlowItOutaHere (the last of my Black Friday haul) that is doing the same. It has been in transit between two facilities since Nov 29th. Expected delivery is listed as today, but it's definitely not going to make it. So the Post Office must be really swamped right now too.

4. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

^ Makes sense, and it's good business practice. Want your stuff faster? Subscribe. Sucks for us cheapskates who buy a measly ~$200 worth of stuff from VS per year (speaking for myself), but they really love those folks who drop $680 a year, every year. Keep them happy, keep them plunking down that $680.

If there were no benefits to subscriptions (I.E., you get your stuff just as fast if you don't), then people won't buy subscriptions. I can see where they're coming from, so I won't bitch. Do wanna watch some VS this weekend though!

(Murphy's Law: I WILL get my stuff before the weekend, but something else will come up and I won't get to watch anything)

5. delicreep

delicreep Active Member

In my opinion, the inconsistent "shipping hierarchy" seems more in line with VS being overwhelmed with orders and simply goofing on what goes out when. The main selling points of the subscription hold true the vast majority of the time: You get your stuff for less money, you get your stuff earlier than the rest, and you are automatically getting any and every LE title. On bluray.com, there were a handful of people starting to get anxious when their shipping notices hadn't arrived by Friday or Saturday ("It's been a week!"). Yeah, you ordered a week ago, but they have only been shipping...for three days.

As mentioned before, the 'mystery' BF titles are a good baseline: 3,000 for Mausoleum and around 2,700 for The Children. Right at the start, that's at least 5,700 orders to process. Add multiple orders (over different days), and you have a LOT of stock that needs to be pulled, bundled and packaged.

I got my copy of Mausoleum yesterday, and also received the copy of Deadly Daphne's Revenge that I bought from Ebay (reasonably priced), so it was a good Vinegar Syndrome day. I plan on watching the former as soon as I have some time.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  6. gobad2003

gobad2003 Active Member

Update: I just got an e-mail from them saying they would take care of it and send a new one right after all the BF orders are taken care of, Gotta love Vinegar Syndrome :D

7. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Gonna disagree on your math, as a lot of people probably got both Mausoleum AND The Children, and I'm counting that as one "order". The 3000 number is the proper baseline, as that's the minimum numbers of orders they need to ship out. Of course, anyone that did not order Mausoleum (like say, ME), increases that 3000 number.

8. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Well-Known Member

for what it's worth : today i received my package (halfway 2018) and i live in Belgium

9. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I received my total BF order in the mail today safe and sound:

Cutting Class (All 5 Slipcovers BF flash pre-order)
    Mausoleum (Slipcover)
    The Children (Slipcover)
    Beware My Brethren (Slipcover)
    Sudden Fury (Slipcover)
    Sweet Sweetback's Baadasssss Song (Slipcover)
    Sugar Cookies

I now have every VS Slipcover again! :p

The Mausoleum Slip does looks really great... love the embossing on the front/back/spines. I'm not really sure which Cutting Class Slip I like the best...but it is awesome that all 5 Slips have embossed elements on them.

10. delicreep

delicreep Active Member

Good point. In my defense, my degree was in Humanities. But, I have been doing more math now that I have to help my kid with common core. :D

3,000 is still a large number (the speed to which it was reached, VS has said took them by surprise). I remember doing bulk mailings years ago, and even stuffing a few hundred envelopes was time-consuming. I don't envy the folks at VS.

11. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

And technically, it's 3001 because I can absolutely guarantee there's one order they have to ship that doesn't include Mausoleum.

12. delicreep

delicreep Active Member

[​IMG]

13. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I'm guessing there should be an image there that concerns me?

14. delicreep

delicreep Active Member

Shit. I suck. The image is supposed to be a screenshot from VS's Twitter account where they took a photo of the box for their 100,000th order. :eek:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  15. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Finally got my order yesterday, and it came with a little bonus: Memories of Miss Aggie had a slipcover, even though I ordered the regular edition 'cause the slipcover was allegedly sold out. There's probably some real angry Miss Aggie fan somewhere who ordered the slipcover but got my regular edition instead.

16. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

At least it didn't come with a used Kewpie doll.

17. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Guessing that will make more sense after I've seen the movie.

Oh, and yeah, these slipcovers (my first time seeing a VS slip) are everything they're cracked up to be.

18. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Maybe it just the fact that they released the film which I have been waiting for a long time, but the Mausoleum is one of best slips I've seen from them.

19. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

20. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

I think they hooked me up with slipcovers for several that showed sold out, but I've been too lazy to confirm. Receiving 16 VS titles in 1 box brought back some of that little kid "Holy crap, it's CHRISTMAS!" feeling.

Myron Breck and baggio like this.