Vestron Video Collector's Series Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by zbinks, Sep 13, 2016.

1. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

I just pulled up the old DVDBeaver review of the 2017 Region B locked Arrow review and compared it to a similar screengrab from the new Lionsgate Region A release from the Rock! Shock! Pop! review and can confirm they are from the same transfer:

Arrow Region B release: http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film4/blu-..._blu-ray_/large/large_shivers_01_blu-ray_.jpg

Lionsgate Region A release: http://www.rockshockpop.com/screencaps/Shivers-Blu-ray-Review/Shivers-Blu-ray-Review-03-1.jpg

The Lionsgate main feature takes up about 20 gigs whereas the Arrow it takes up slightly more space at around 25 gigs, so the Arrow might have little better compression overall. Extras differ between each release.

Katatonia likes this.
  2. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  3. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

It's pretty amazing what some slipcovers are going for. I noticed that someone paid $199.00 for a Blood Hook blu-ray with the slipcover. You can buy the film without the slip for about $20.00.

4. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Of all the slip covers you had to mention that one. Because Jim Mallon directed it has a MST3k following who snatched them up.

I almost bought it but it was close to the Memorial Day sale so I held off. But it sold out 'round Easter when I wasn't looking. Then I learned VS had an option to ship orders with Memorial Sale items and I probably would have done that in this case.

I'm not a slip cover guy really but in terms of resale value they're worth getting up front most times.

5. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost