Upcoming Shout Factory releases

Discussion in 'General' started by Cujo108, Dec 19, 2009.

1. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Received mine from Amazon today - checked all the discs and everything looked great - so got lucky on mine

Mutilated Prey and Colin like this.
  2. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Tune in tonight.....

Drumroll .... which one these 5 geniuses was in charge of QC ?????

[​IMG]

Steel76 likes this.
  3. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

They did a good job, errors happened and they DO fix them. Give them a break it was also a big box set.

That said, They Live 4K has been delayed to January:

https://thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/101520-1400

"Speaking of Shout!, the studio’s 4K release of They Live is moving from its original 12/8 street date to 1/19/21 due to production delays. But the good news is, that will make it day and date with their just announced Prince of Darkness 4K, both John Carpenter titles. So adjust your plans accordingly."

And for anime lovers, The Bartender Complete Series on Blu-ray:

https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/bartender-15th-anniversary-collector-s-edition?product_id=7514

4. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    I opened my set and watched the film I have not seen since it was on VHS back in 1990. I opened the case and said to myself, "let's go back to that time..." Meaning: that week I got a job at a video store and I used my employee free rental to watch it, lol. It was: JASON TAKES MANHATTAN. A film I have just not liked since then...and it was cool to revisit. It's an odd film with odd pacing and odd choices (Jason as a child...needed some work). Let's just say Vancouver is frikkin' beautiful, one character puts the girls from "Mean Girls" to shame and I love how people just don't care if Jason is on the subway...they just let him pass by as long as he passes by and keeps going. Some terrible choices in direction but it's enjoyable enough. I never minded the lengthy boat footage since I felt (then and now) that would have been a better setting overall for the film - an isolated setting with no safe escape. NYC, even "movie" NYC is just so mainstream and uninteresting to me.
    Next, I watched all the extras on the bonus disc. I will rewatch ALL the films for sure. However, I'm starting with the ones I have not seen in a while. Next is JASON X which I saw at the theater and really enjoyed. I also liked FREDDY VS. JASON. I liked JASON GOES TO H so maybe that will be the 3rd film I watch since I have not seen it since 1994 when I rented the VHS (I tried seeing it in the theater in San Francisco BUT there was a problem in the theater which included a gun and the theater cancelled the rest of the days showings...good ol' downtown San Francisco...the 42nd Street of the West, lol).

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
  5. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

Several of the Friday films I've only seen theatrically. Last time I saw Jason Takes Manhattan was in August of 1989. I'm planning on watching them all in order with this new box set.

othervoice1 and Nailwraps like this.
  6. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    Oh, SAME! FRIDAY 1-7 all theatrical, FRIDAY 8-9 VHS and then JASON X - FREDDY V. JASON back in the cinema in THX sound. The remake - never really cared to see this...and it's still just taking up space in the collection at this point.
    FRIDAY 1: I remember seeing this on Showtime in summer of '81 and then seeing it finally on the big screen that November and the audience already so jaded they were sassing the characters and dialogue. I just didn't get that attitude. I remember the screen having much more detail and color than that grimy cable showing (and our horrid little TV we had!).

7. russweiss

The original is the only one of the series that I didn't see in the theater. My brother and I got our mom to open a Blockbuster account and it was the first film we rented. We watched it the day we rented and again the next day before returning it. I'm looking forward to seeing some of these films again.

wago70 likes this.
  8. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

For those declaring the Friday the 13th set the worst release ever, here's a replacement program that has gone live [checks notes] 3 days after the release date. Corrected discs for Part 3, Goes to Hell Unrated, and X.

https://www.shoutfactory.com/blog/friday-the-13th-replacement-disc-program/

I get being upset with aspects of the release. I was mad I got smudged discs. I've just seen so many people post ridiculous statements like "Shout should go out of business" and "I hope a real studio gets it." A real studio did release a box set and it was in a tin with bad art, cardboard sleeves held the discs, bonus features were missing, the rated version was the only one available for Goes to Hell, and the 3D for Part 3 was anaglyph. I'm happy with the box set, it's one of the nicer ones on my shelf and made it so I could get rid of several old releases I've had to hold on to over the years.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
    hots4, Myron Breck, dave13 and 8 others like this.
  9. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Anybody having a problem uploading photos for the replacement program? Keeps failing. Nice.
    It's a tiny 22kb picture.

Edit: I changed the format of the png to jpg.... STILL won't upload. :mad: You got to be kidding me.

Wow, this is testing my patience. I'm this close to just returning the set. Just be happy with my Warner set, be done with it.

Edit: #2 It finally went through. So that's done now.

P.S. - Like last time .. what's the over/under that there are MORE problems on other discs. People just didn't find them yet.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  10. bigmix007

bigmix007 Member

I did, I just had to keep trying and it worked finally.

baggio likes this.
  11. russweiss

I uploaded 5 files and it did take a little bit but everything went through.

baggio likes this.
  12. Stige

Stige Well-Known Member

Give it a try
    so far the discs are working fine have the bonus , part 6 and unrated JGTH left to check
    aking region free copies like I used to isn't working too well with my new external burner though, oh well.

13. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

It's not allowing me to upload. Jesus, even their replacement program is defective.

I ordered direct through Shout Factory, so I'll email them. It should have been automatic for direct orders anyway.

14. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

I finally got it to work. Several tries, over and over again. Kept hitting the retry link/button Refreshed the page too.

Tip: Upload the pics first(get that to work), then fill out the form. This way you can keep refreshing the page(if you want) and not have to type in your name, address, etc... over each time.

Katatonia and Nailwraps like this.
  15. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Thanks for the heads up on the disc replacement program. Mine went right through no problem.

Katatonia likes this.
  16. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

fceurich39 and Katatonia like this.
  17. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

I still don’t know what they mean by the first instance of 3D not displaying correctly. What specifically am I supposed to be looking for, because my copy seems fine to me.

18. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

I don't have a 3D TV, but from what I understand the title FRIDAY THE 13TH PART III is in proper 3D (ie it comes out of your screen), but the rest of the opening credits do not move past your television screen.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  19. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Nope. The entire title sequence is in proper 3D on my disc. There’s a ratio change where the screen shrinks a bit. Maybe that’s the issue? If it is then it’s a minor one I could have easily lived with. Or it could be an issue with certain sets or players not being able to display it properly and so revert to 2D. Just an idea.

20. Cooperkill

Cooperkill Active Member

When I first posted my take on F13 Part 3 in 3D on this page I mentioned that the opening credits don't pop out. My question to those who claim they do: have you ever seen the film in proper 3D? The previous home video releases don't have credits that extend directly into your face. The theatrical version does, as well as the 3D shutter glasses from back in the day that only work on tube TVs. The opening credits are supposed to be mere centimeters from your eyes. The new release isn't even close to that. Perhaps we're all receiving different discs? I doubt that, but either way I ordered the replacement discs, so I'm glad I checked here today.

Zombie Dude likes this.