Upcoming Shout Factory releases

Discussion in 'General' started by Cujo108, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Would be very cool if Even Horizon finally got it's gorier director's cut. I enjoy the film a lot and it always surprises me it's a Paul Anderson film as the guy pretty much only makes shit.

2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I honestly have no clue. I guess whenever the first pressing sells out, or if they actually went back and replaced the discs in some before they shipped them out to retailers.

It is fairly painless to get replacement discs with Shout now though, since they use Discshipment.com to handle that.

baggio likes this.
  3. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

What’s wrong with that? 60’s Batman is AWESOME.

I get why people dislike Escape From L.A., but I also can’t help but feel like they are taking the franchise way too seriously. The whole concept of turning a major city into a prison is completely ludicrous. At least Escape From L.A. owns up to its inherent campiness. I was never really a fan of the first film but I found the second one to be fun even with the dodgy early CGI effects.

X-human likes this.
  4. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

I think it’s because Carpenter had a chance to make another adventure, totally new, with the character, it instead gave us a wannabe glossy slapstick version of his dystopian, slyly humorous, grindhouse-y original.

Myron Breck and KGBRadioMoskow like this.
  5. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

Get the shark repellent!!

unnamed.jpg

X-human, maybrick and othervoice1 like this.
  6. KGBRadioMoskow

KGBRadioMoskow Makes any meat boneless!

That's "Shark Repellent Bat Spray"!

7. KGBRadioMoskow

[​IMG]

The game HeroClix included the figure in their roster (separately they also have Shark Repellent Spray for Batman's Utility Belt).

You add Batman to your team. Part of the figure "cost" is your opponent gets the shark.

And no, neither figure requires being in water to move or attack.

8. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Really glad I didn't sell my Vincent Price Vol. 1 set when an insider confirmed Vol. 1 would be getting a re-release. I had an inkling this would be the case when Vol. 3 didn't have segments where it could have. Those Price host segments are gold to me and as editions come and go I will still hang on to these.

There's a good chance Masque will make it to UHD if not in the states then in Europe where the uncut transfer has already been circulating for awhile. So while it's a favorite of mine I'll be holding off.

9. Zombie Dude

I never actually watched it but I've seen lots of clips and whatnot and it looks totally stupid and not my cup of tea at all. I've always hated campy batman, especially in Batman and Robin. Maybe it's different if you grew up on it and I'm sure nostalgia helps but I've no desire at all to watch 60's batman.

As for the Escape films, I also don't really care for the first film but I did think it was significantly better than what I saw of the sequel.

10. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

60's Batman is great, end of story.

That said, we have details for:

The Tenant:

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=26941

"Special Features and Technical Specs:
    • NEW Apartment To Let – An Interview With Co-Writer/Director And Star Roman Polanski
    • NEW The Invisible Performer – An Interview With Assistant Cameraman François Catonné (In French With English Subtitles)
    • NEW Keeping Continuity – An Interview With Script Supervisor Sylvette Baudrot (In French With English Subtitles)
    • NEW A Visit To The Locations Of The Tenant
    • NEW Audio Commentary With Film Historians Troy Howarth And Nathaniel Thompson
    • NEW The Tenant: An Audio Essay By Samm Deighan
    • Audio Interview With Writer Roland Topar By Journalist Frédéric Levy (1980) (In French With English Subtitles)
    • Audio Interview With Screenwriter Gérard Brach By Journalist Frédéric Levy (1986) (In French With English Subtitles)
    • Theatrical Trailer
    • Optional English subtitles for the main feature"

Graveyard Shift:

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=26942

• NEW Filmmaking In King Country/Working The Night Shift – Two Interviews With Producer/Director Ralph S. Singleton
    • NEW Back Off Man – An Interview With Actress Kelly Wolf
    • NEW We're Going To Hell Together – An Interview With Actor Stephen Macht
    • NEW Let's Go Surfing Now – An Interview With Actor Vic Polizos
    • NEW Yes, Mr. Warwick – An Interview With Actor Robert Alan Beuth
    • Theatrical Trailer
    • Radio Spot

And The Missing:

https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/the-missing?product_id=7341

" Includes Both The Theatrical Cut And Extended Cut Of The Film (With 17 Minutes Of Additional Material)
    • Audio Commentary With Director Ron Howard (Extended Cut Only)
    • Deleted Scenes
    • Alternate Endings
    • Outtakes
    • 11 Behind-The-Scenes Featurettes
    • The Short Films Of Ron Howard
    • Theatrical Trailer"

chancetx and gobad2003 like this.
  11. KGBRadioMoskow

The show was only slightly before my time, being in regular syndication when I was a kid.

As a kid, it didn't work for me. It looked silly and contrived, and as a comic book franchise just didn't stand up to the '66 Spider-Man animated series also in frequent rotation.

As an adult, I started catching the nuances in the Batman series I didn't notice before. That the actors were clearly in on the joke, with the heroes intentionally playing straight man to the way over the top villain comedy acts. That what I thought of as stupid was the writers seeing just how far they could push the absurdity envelope before crossing the parody line. Watching the likes of Cesar Romero, Burgess Meredith, Frank Gorshin, Vincent Price, and Victor Buono cut loose while Adam West is clearly having trouble keeping a straight face is priceless.

Its not enough for me to own the series, its not a joke I can take in large doses. But I'll stop the dial while channel surfing to catch an episode when I spot it, and it puts a silly grin on my face.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  12. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I LOVED Adam West Batman as a kid (seriously, single-digit age here), but haven't revisited it and probably won't. Not everything from that era of your life holds up. Except maybe eating paste. That shit is still delicious.

On another note, finally got a shipping notice for the order from the Shout sale. Only took 31 days. I bet even Vinegar Syndrome won't take that long.

chancetx and Zombie Dude like this.
  13. Katatonia

I had an order at Heavymetal.com placed over a month ago, and only just now got a shipment notification. I also have one at Twilighttimemovies.com which as surpassed a month and still has yet to ship. Good thing they're going out of business, because I'd sure never order direct through them again. It wouldn't be bad if it was just a backlog in shipping...but they are cherry picking and shipping things way out of order. Whether you ordered the first day of the sale or the last day, it made absolutely no difference with the TT sale. Their shipping rates were hardly cheap either.

My Vinegar Syndrome order were shipped the other day though, and should hopefully be here soon. :)

chancetx likes this.
  14. Katatonia

15. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Picked up Escape from LA today at my record store. Now I gotta upgrade Escape from new York to bluray but it looks like most places are out of stock/limited stock on both the barebones MGM release and shout factory release also. They aren't Oop are they don't care if it has a slip or not.

16. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

I only saw Escape from LA once. Recently too like in the last year. I thought it was far from the original, which is a great movie. And I couldn't believe that water scene in the sequel. It just felt overly goofy in parts and even b movie generic.

People hype Event Horizon a lot. I think I've seen that movie twice. Once when it was recommended. And another time to see if my feelings changed. I thought the movie was just ok. Not worth owning for me. The only thing I remember about the movie is the dark almost Hellraiser type ship design. And Fishburne saying F*** this ship. I can't imagine that a few deleted scenes will make it better.

17. Zombie Dude

Yeah if you don't like Event Horizon in it's current cut I don't think anything will change that for you. I'd love to see the gorier cut but I still like the movie as is. Sam Neil's proformance is great here and I really enjoy him as an actor, plus I like Fishburne here too. Plus the idea of accidentally opening a door to a hellish dimension always felt really creepy here and works well.

gobad2003 and buck135 like this.
  18. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

I like the concept. I guess I just expected more. On the second watch, I remember being even less impressed. Like why am I watching this again. I do like In the Mouth of Madness though. And I'm looking forward to seeing Possession.

19. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

B: The Beginning Season 1 and The Ultimate Collection releases coming this October (for any anime fans out there and it's a pretty cool release!):

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=26971

And details for Thir13en Ghosts Collector's Edition:

• NEW Audio Commentary with director Steve Beck
    • NEW Haunted in Canada - an interview with actress Shannon Elizabeth
    • NEW The Voice of Reason – an interview with actor Matthew Harrison
    • NEW Sophomore Spookshow - an interview with producer Gilbert Adler
    • NEW The Juggernaut Speaks- an interview with actor John DeSantis
    • NEW The Hammer Speaks- an interview with actor Herbert Duncanson
    • Thir13en Ghosts Revealed
    • Ghost Files: A Haunted Houseful of Poltergeist Profiles
    • Original Electronic Press Kit featuring interviews with the cast and crew and behind-the-scenes footage
    • Audio Commentary with director Steve Beck, production designer Sean Hargreaves and special makeup effects artist Howard Berger
    • Theatrical Trailer
    • TV Spots

baggio likes this.
  20. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

My Walmart had out a few scream factory titles
    Escape from new York 12.96
    Firestarter 12.96
    Starman 12.96
    Sleepaway camp 9.96
    Candyman. 9.96