Upcoming Shout Factory releases

Discussion in 'General' started by Cujo108, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I agree that special features aren't what they used to be. Shout for example releases a lot of "Collector's Editions" these days that have me scratching my head as there's only a few interviews on there. I prefer a good documentary that covers things about the film. Often times the interviews we get aren't even about the movies and the actors or whoever just talk about their careers. I don't care about that. I honestly rarely watch special features these days. I just want the film I'm after to look amazing and am a sucker for some nice packaging too. I still would like special features on my disc but not really into the solo interviews and definitely don't want fluff that's barely about the film.

Steel76 and loutoad23 like this.
  2. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    I just watched WAX MASK from Severin - the movie didn't do a whole lot for me (although I love how it's filmed) but I spent the better part of Monday morning watching the extras on the blu ray. I was entertained enough to keep it.

Myron Breck likes this.
  3. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

Good to hear--I still haven't watched mine yet.

4. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Found the first Sleepaway camp bluray for 9.96 at Walmart no slip but still a cool deal.

loutoad23 likes this.
  5. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

Katatonia and Nailwraps like this.
  6. KGBRadioMoskow

KGBRadioMoskow Makes any meat boneless!

Crap on a cracker, I haven't even had my pre-order shipped yet and already Shout is announcing a replacement for a screw up.

7. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

Extras for The Hills Run Red revealed and big news....it's JAM PACKED!!!

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=26755

"Special Features and Technical Specs:
    • NEW Audio Commentary With Director Dave Parker And Patrick Bromley Of "F This Movie" Podcast
    • NEW Audio Commentary With Director Dave Parker And Filmmakers Joe Lynch And Adam Green
    • NEW Deep In The Red – An Interview With Writer David J. Schow And Director Dave Parker
    • NEW Running To The Hills – An Interview With Executive Producer Erik Olsen
    • NEW Musical Terror – An Interview With Composer Frederik Wiedmann
    • NEW Friday The 13th, June 2008 – A Tour Of The Set With Director Dave Parker (Never Before Seen)
    • NEW The Hills Are Alive... With The Sound Of Improv – Interviews With The Cast (Never Before Seen)
    • NEW William Sadler As Wilson Wyler Concannon – An Interview With The Actor From The Set (Never Before Seen)
    • NEW Janet Montgomery As Serina – An Interview With The Actress From The Set (Never Before Seen)
    • NEW Sophie Monk As Alexa Concannon – An Interview With The Actress From The Set (Never Before Seen)
    • NEW Tad Hilgenbrink As Tyler – An Interview With The Actor From The Set (Never Before Seen)
    • NEW Alex Wyndham As Lalo – An Interview With The Actor From The Set (Never Before Seen)
    • NEW Interview With Producer Robert Meyer Burnett From The Set (Never Before Seen)
    • NEW Interview With Production Designer Antonello Rubino From The Set (Never Before Seen)
    • NEW Production Scrapbook
    • NEW Original Animatic For The Proof Of Concept Trailer
    • NEW Proof Of Concept Trailer
    • Original Audio Commentary With Director Dave Parker, Writer David J. Schow And Producer Robert Meyer Burnett
    • It's Not Real Until You Shoot It: The Making Of The Hills Run Red
    • Trailer
    • Optional English SDH subtitles for the main feature"

Kim Bruun, fceurich39 and chancetx like this.
  8. Zombie Dude

But is it uncut?

9. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

No uncut version included unfortunately.

Didn't know that cut existed.

10. Zombie Dude

I'm surprised and disappointed if the uncut version really isn't going to be on there. Strangely I can't find much info on the cut besides it existing and being gorier. It only wasn't included on dvd/blu originally because Warner had suddenly decided they didn't do unrated/uncut versions for release anymore. It's the same reason I think we ended up with only the theatrical cut of Jason Goes to Hell on that last box set.

Steel76, fceurich39 and hots4 like this.
  11. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

What a load of shit!

The perfect opportunity to release the uncut version and instead they do the normal scream factory and fill it with interviews.

And for people who say maybe they couldn't find it I call bull shit. This is a fairly recent movie the uncut print was assembled it would have been easy to find.

I was looking forward to this, but as is and with the price I suspect it will go for, it's an easy pass from me. Shame.

Steel76 and Zombie Dude like this.
  12. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

That is correct and the reason for this decision was the popularity of the twilight movies.

If you need another reason to hate those abominations well here it is.

Steel76 and Zombie Dude like this.
  13. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

Watched the relatively new release of Body Parts. I fucking love this movie.

It looked fantastic to me. But I have no knowledge of transfers or how it "should" look restored. I haven't seen since the VHS days so it was like a new movie to me.

The two deleted scenes are amazing. The extended car crash especially. Gruesome stuff! Wish it wasn't cut.

Fun flick..... I'm excited I own it now.

Angelman, baggio and fceurich39 like this.
  14. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Fiend Without A Face is now available digitally in HD on Amazon from Shout: https://www.amazon.com/Fiend-Without-Face-Marshall-Thompson/dp/B082YMLBWT/?tag=horrdigi-20

So that's probably coming on Blu-ray sooner or later (maybe later...). FWAF's finale is bat shit insane so I'd love to have that on Blu-ray. And Svengoolie has said he's been wanting to show it so maybe a new HD transfer could mean a possible broadcast.

Also The Crawling Eye: https://www.amazon.com/Forrest-Tucker/dp/B0832GSYBB/?tag=horrdigi-20

Which isn't too surprising because they're using the rights for MST3k but with a HD digital version available they're probably working on a Blu-ray too.

Erick H. and russweiss like this.
  15. KGBRadioMoskow

KGBRadioMoskow Makes any meat boneless!

Hey, I just don't know what happened, we sprayed for brains just last week.

Angelman and X-human like this.
  16. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

The rights should revert to Shout!, via their acquisition of Westchester Films a few years back, whenever Criterion's license expires , but Criterion still has their own digital HD version (www.amazon.com/Fiend-without-Face-Marshall-Thompson/dp/B00A5IXDVK) up. They're still selling the DVD on their website, too, so that license may still have some time to go.

It looks like there are also dual Criterion / Shout entries for the other Gordon family films:

The Haunted Strangler (Criterion): https://www.amazon.com/Haunted-Strangler-Boris-Karloff/dp/B002RIHI8U
    (Shout): https://www.amazon.com/Haunted-Strangler-Boris-Karloff/dp/B083ZHVMY5/

Corridors of Blood (Criterion): https://www.amazon.com/Corridors-Blood-Boris-Karloff/dp/B002RC6X2I/
    (Shout): https://www.amazon.com/Corridors-Blood-Boris-Karloff/dp/B07YK9BSYD/ (Not currently available)

The Atomic Submarine (Criterion): https://www.amazon.com/Atomic-Submarine-Arthur-Franz/dp/B00A5IXWN4/
    (Shout): https://www.amazon.com/Atomic-Submarine-Arthur-Franz/dp/B08211PL1B/

First Man into Space (Criterion): https://www.amazon.com/First-Into-Space-Marshall-Thompson/dp/B002R3BTTO/
    (Shout): https://www.amazon.com/First-Into-Space-Marshall-Thompson/dp/B0821XQWW4/

I'm curious if these listings are sourced from different HD-masters, or not.

X-human and russweiss like this.
  17. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Good film, solid film. Saw that in the theater. I love when Jeff Fahey(underrated actor imo) screams .. "I want this f***ing arm off"

Natas and Angelman like this.
  18. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

Double Exposure Blu (Vinegar Syndrome)
    I thought this was great. It’s got elements of 70 crime, slasher, psychological thriller. Lots of denim, lots of 70s spirit with open relationships, etc. mostly it was well constructed (shot/edited) and pretty well acted by the leads. One of the actors was missing an arm and leg (read that he lost them in a motorcycle accident in real life). Really worth a viewing... an unexpected good one from the pile for me.

baggio likes this.
  19. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

That is a good question. What masters does each have access to?

Thanks zbinks that explains alot and it'll be interesting to see what happens with these titles. Criterion hasn't made a move to Blu-ray with them which isn't unusual but the sale of the Westchester Films library goes a long way in explaining it. The concept of digital streaming wasn't well thought out when Criterion first made their DVD licenses so that could be why they both have streaming releases. I don't know of any previous Shout collaborations with Criterion so we'll have to see where they the go from here.

20. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

I got a good laugh out of that. The funniest moment for me in Body Parts when he's rough housing with his son and backhands the dog shit out him, out of no where. Hahaha

baggio likes this.