Upcoming Shout Factory releases

Discussion in 'General' started by Cujo108, Dec 19, 2009.

1. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    Can't wait to check out MY BLOODY VALENTINE from Shout! Just arrived today with the posters and extra/different slip cover.

2. Dobby

Dobby Stallone in Terminator 2

Awesome Wago!! :p

3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Sean Whalen confirmed that Scream Factory is working on Idle Hands, as he was interviewed for it.

MorallySound, baggio and Natas like this.
  4. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Please let us know your thoughts - I need an unbiased smart opinion on whether it's a necessary upgrade. I understand it's a 4K scan, but I care more about the inserted uncut stuff. I read the attached reviews regarding the inserted cut gore footage - one guy says the transitions are slightly smoother but the footage is the same, and someone else says it's from a much more superior source that looks more like the rest of the movie.

5. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

Fantastic news! Hopefully it gets the collectors edition treatment. I would love a cool poster

CPT HOOK likes this.
  6. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I'd say it's definitely the latter, judging from a video Shout posted of the footage. Easily looked better than the first uncut blu from what I saw.
    I could never get into this one. I didn't like it over 10 years ago when I rented it for the first time and recently I tried watching it and couldn't finish it. I think it's the overly silly tone I don't like which is interesting to me as I do like some pretty silly movies lol.

Natas likes this.
  7. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

Oh man, it's an all time favorite for me. I watch almost every Halloween. It's stupid stoner material, can definitely see why some would not be into it.

x666x, Zombie Dude and CPT HOOK like this.
  8. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Yeah, MBV is a classic even in cut form watching it on Beta back in the 80s. The vibe is perfect. That's not an issue if the inserts are clean.

9. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

No image.

My Bloody Valentine is great though. I still haven't seen the 3D remake. But I love this scene in the original.

The actor's performance is great throughout that scene and the next few when he stumbles through the door at the party. And also when he's still in shock when they flag down the cop.

10. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

Natas and Colin like this.
  11. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I received mine in the mail yesterday...

Unfortunately it sounds like Shout are trying to cut corners with their shipments as they are sending these out via "Media Mail" — and rolled posters are not valid for Media Mail shipments. Some people are having their shipments flagged by the USPS and delivered with "$7.42 Postage Due"

Thankfully mine wasn't flagged, but apparently Shout have done this previously and have had to reimburse people for the postage charges.

12. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I didn't realize they were doing that. Fortunately mine arrived with no incident also. It seemed odd that they were using such a large box to ship the poster tube and blu-ray.

13. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

All of the pre-orders with posters that I've ordered direct from SF have shipped in those large long boxes... but they've always been Priority Mail before. This is the first one that I've experienced being shipped by Media Mail.

It still arrived quickly and undamaged, but I do hope they don't ship any further ones by that method if the USPS can flag them with postage due. :eek:

14. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    I'm not as skilled viewer as many here, but I think the new MY BLOODY VALENTINE blu ray looks wonderful. I don't regret selling my Lion's Gate editions (for peanuts).
    The posters, on the other hand - I love the idea of extras like this...but I may sell the posters and the slipcovers. The Blu has the one sheet art on the reverse so I'm good with that. It's a great purchase, though.

15. CPT HOOK

If I'm not mistaken, the original LionsGate blu-ray (as well as many other LionsGate blus of that time) are prone to disc rot. I'm grateful to Scream Factory not just for their work restoring the unrated version, but for allowing me to get rid of that LionsGate disc before it potentially bricks out on me. I sold it as soon as this was announced, and actually got some decent $$$ for it. In fact, I got more than what my current pre-order is locked in for.

zbinks likes this.
  16. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I sold mine for $100 :D

X-human likes this.
  17. CPT HOOK

IdleHands_BR_PS_72dpi.png

Street date is May 12th and there is a poster offer if you order direct.

18. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Wish I'd done that. Hell, I remember seeing a copy in a thrift store for $3, and passed 'cuz I already owned a copy but even then I knew I could have flipped it for a lot more.

I like Idle Hands, but probably more for Jessica Alba than the movie itself. Stoner humor doesn't always work for me.

ImmortalSlasher and Zombie Dude like this.
  19. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

**NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT**

Our love for Hammer Films continues into the new year with an upgraded version of THE EVIL OF FRANKENSTEIN starring Peter Cushing. Coming soon to Blu-ray from us in an all-new definitive edition! Details we have at this time are as follows:

• National street date for North America (Region A) is 5/19/2020

• This is being presented as a Collector’s Edition release and will come guaranteed with a slipcover in its first three months of release.

• The newly commissioned artwork you see pictured comes to us from artist Mark Maddox (Dracula: Prince of Darkness, Frankenstein Created Woman). This art will be front-facing and the reverse side of the wrap will feature the original theatrical artwork.

• New extras are in progress and will be announced on a later date (March timing). We can confirm today though that we are proceeding with a new transfer of the film!

Pre-order now directly from us @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/…/the-evil-of-frankenstein-col…
    The first 500 orders from our site will receive an exclusive limited-edition 18” x 24” rolled poster of the exclusive new illustration.

[​IMG]

Erick H. likes this.
  20. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

"A delightfully outlandish comic strip directed by the master of the Italian B movie." – Tom Milne, Time Out

The suave, psychedelic-era thief called Diabolik (John Phillip Law) can't get enough of life's good – or glittery – things. Not when there are currency shipments to steal from under the noses of snooty government officials and priceless jewels to lift from the boudoirs of the super-rich.

The elusive scoundrel finds plenty of ways to live up to his name in this tongue-in-cheek, live-action caper inspired by Europe's popular Diabolik comics. He clambers up walls, zaps a press conference with Exhilaration Gas, smacks a confession out of a crime lord while freefalling with him from an airplane, and pulls off the heist of a twenty-ton gold ingot. Impossible? No, diabolical – Danger: Diabolik, to be exact!

Now available for pre-order: https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/danger-diabolik…

[​IMG]

ImmortalSlasher and Erick H. like this.