Upcoming Shout Factory releases

Discussion in 'General' started by Cujo108, Dec 19, 2009.

1. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

2. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Oh, you didn't a copy?

3. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Sony also put Christine out on UHD.

Somewhat impulsively but yeah I did buy Deathstalker/II and a few others from the batch at that time. I haven't even watched it yet so I think I'll put it up on eBay now while it's still valuable and probably won't even buy the reissue.

chancetx likes this.
  4. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Film Detective posted yesterday on FB that only 300 copies of the LE Eegah are left:
    https://www.facebook.com/filmdetective/photos/a.749791811738529/2856615437722812/

However the MovieZyng.com link is not working and I checked on Google and that was MovieZyng's URL for the Eegah page and was the URL on Film Detective's page: https://www.thefilmdetective.com/eegah

So perhaps it's already down to the last few remaining copies already? It's still in stock on Amazon and sites like DeepDiscount but who knows how long.

After that I get the impression it will be MOD BD-R.

5. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

https://www.facebook.com/ScreamFactoryDVD/photos/a.324934164310268/1713444618792542/

https://www.facebook.com/ScreamFactoryDVD/posts/1713447958792208?comment_id=1713455465458124

https://www.facebook.com/ScreamFactoryDVD/posts/1713447958792208?comment_id=1713449388792065

baggio, Dobby, Erick H. and 4 others like this.
  6. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Nice to see the cut footage cleaned up for MBV. Too bad the film isn't that good imo. I remember hating it the first time I watched it and then getting sucked into all the talk and photos at the time of the cut footage. Then when that first uncut blu came out it blew my mind being able to see the much better death scenes and gore. Then many years later I tried watching it again and went back to hating it. It was incredibly slow and kooky (like the weird music that plays when they all go to get in their cars and drive off). The production feel like a TV movie. Not my jam sadly as those re-inserted gore scenes still do stand up very well.

sinister likes this.
  7. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

Blu-ray.com review for To The Devil a Daughter:
    https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/To-the-Devil-a-Daughter-Blu-ray/252449/#Review

Extras for Rasputin: The Mad Monk
    https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=26249

"Presented In Two Aspect Ratios – 2.35:1 And 2.55:1
    • NEW Audio Commentary With Author/Film Historian Steve Haberman, Filmmaker/Film Historian Constantine Nasr, And Filmmaker/Film Historian Ted Newsom
    • Tall Stories: The Making Of Rasputin The Mad Monk
    • Brought To Book: Hammer Novelisations
    • World of Hammer Episodes: COSTUMERS And CHRISTOPHER LEE
    • Audio Commentary With Stars Christopher Lee, Barbara Shelley, Francis Matthews, And Suzan Farmer
    • Theatrical Trailers
    • TV Spots
    • Still Gallery"

2 more Shout Select titles this April:

Homeboy:
    https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=26241

and The Missing:
    https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=26252

And if you ever want to see CEs of Child's Play 2 and 3, Cliff suggests to ask Universal:

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=16921059&postcount=66080

"Let Universal know you want us to release them. They won’t let them go because CP is an active franchise. I’ve begged many times for them... at least a few times a year."

Erick H. likes this.
  8. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

I was hoping for a free Rasputin bluebeard for boys and a Rasputin redbeard for girls to be included with Rasputin: The Mad Monk. Dang.

Erick H. likes this.
  9. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I'll have to watch the Anchor Bay To the Devil DVD again, see if I need to upgrade. I suspect not, as the first and only time I viewed it, Bill Clinton was still president I think. It's obviously not a film I go to that often.

Excited about My Bloody Valentine though. I'm a sucker for films that take place in tunnels, or caves (also films that take place on trains. I suspect Freud might have something to say about this proclivity of mine). The drop in video quality of the previously excised scenes always took me out of it on the previous Blu though, so this is an upgrade I don't mind making.

10. maybrick

I love Hammer, but most of the AB releases from 20 or so years ago aren’t essential to anyone but completists, IMO. A lot of them I can’t even justify upgrading from my clamshell cased VHS copies, I’ve watched them so little. And the saddest thing is Shout Factory’s discs rarely go down in price to even tempt me.

I’m also looking forward to MBV, too. I already have enough Bull Moose points saved to get that for half price. I’m also tempted by Escape From LA. You can always seem to find it on Netflix or some other streaming service, but it’s a guilty pleasure of mine. I actually enjoy it more than the original.

11. Dobby

Dobby Stallone in Terminator 2

I hate film detective their releases are overpeiced BD-r garbage PASS!

12. maybrick

Eegah isn’t a BD-R and is actually pretty nice. I got it for $19.97 at Bull Moose which hardly qualifies as overpriced unless you just don’t like the movie.

Dobby likes this.
  13. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

No doubt. I only have a couple of their 3-packs because they were a good price when DeepDiscount had them on sale along with a good coupon. And I still kinda regret it. Especially since Olive has since released the definitive Bucket of Blood.

But their Eegah release is truly an exception to the rule. It's from a 4k transfer of the negative and is a pretty good restoration that didn't over compensate by applying too much DVR, EE, etc. And as maybrick says the Limited Edition is pressed not BD-r.

For fans of the movie it doesn't get much better so I recommend it.

Dobby likes this.
  14. Dobby

Dobby Stallone in Terminator 2

Thank you for the info x-human & maybrick. Is this their only non BD-r release?

15. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

Extras for Pet Sematary II:

https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/pet-sematary-two-collector-s-edition?product_id=7297

"NEW 4K Scan Of The Original Camera Negative Approved By Director Mary Lambert
    • NEW Audio Commentary With Director Mary Lambert
    • NEW Young And Brooding – An Interview With Actor Edward Furlong
    • NEW Playing Over The Top – An Interview With Actor Clancy Brown
    • NEW My First Film – An Interview With Actor Jason McGuire
    • NEW A Thousand Dollar Bet – An Interview With Special Makeup Effects Creator Steve Johnson
    • NEW Orchestrated Grunge – An Interview With Composer Mark Governor
    • Original Theatrical Trailer"

gobad2003 and fceurich39 like this.
  16. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

17. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

No work print footage, boo, no thanks.

18. gobad2003

gobad2003 Active Member

First time on blu-ray and a 4k scan, Yes please!

19. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Yes this Limited Edition is their only factory pressed Blu-ray. I see indications that the Eegah DVD of the same Special Edition is a DVD-R. Not many reliable sources on that however.*

And the reason I posted this in the Shout Factory thread is that Shout is helping to distribute it as they used this transfer for the MST3k live show tour from a few years ago. So they put together the extras at least with Joel and including the old MST3k episode as bonus. Something Weird was also involved although I don't know the specifics just that their name is on the back cover too. So this isn't JUST a Film Detective release.

(*)This is one of the reasons it's interesting to me that DVD still "sells better" than Blu-ray. It's often difficult to find any information on new DVD releases. I was trying to learn more about the Nutcracker stop motion DVD from a few years ago but even Anime sites that cover Japanese information were extremely lacking in detail in their reviews. Now that the Blu-ray is out I've seen lots and lots details about the release. If so many more people are buying the DVDs where are they? I guess they're all Luddites?

20. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Fair play, I thought the sequel was bad, I would have revisited if the additional footage was there.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    Zombie Dude likes this.