Upcoming Shout Factory releases

Discussion in 'General' started by Cujo108, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

Ricky looks like he's got a candy cane up his poop shoot, by the expression on his face.

That does remind me, I gotta bust Billy out and put him on the coffee table. My contribution to the holiday feng shui and all.

2. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

3. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Yeah, I was half tempted to get that. And if their other items were better prices I might have to try to get over the hump for free S&H (whatever threshold that was).

But ultimately I'm up to my eyeballs as it is in that kinda crap so I had to pass.

4. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I found the NECA Billy on clearance for $8 at FYE a year or so ago. Good deal!

fceurich39 likes this.
  5. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

6. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

***NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT***

Classic TV’s fearsome and funniest family in their first full-length feature film! MUNSTER, GO HOME is coming to Blu-ray for the first time on March 31st.

Original cast members from The Munsters - Fred Gwynne (Herman Munster), Yvonne De Carlo (Lily Munster), Al Lewis (Grandpa) and Butch Patrick (Eddie Munster) - are reunited in this hilarious movie as you’ve never seen them before and in spooky color. Herman inherits a mansion in England and moves the family into an estate full of ghosts and other surprises. Also starring Terry-Thomas (The Abominable Dr. Phibes), Hermione Gingold (Bell, Book And Candle), Richard Dawson (Hogan's Heroes), Bernard Fox (Arnold) and horror film legend John Carradine (The Howling), and directed by TV veteran Earl Bellamy who directed episodes of the original series, MUNSTER, GO HOME! is a spookily splendid return for the first family of fright!

Extras to be announced on a later date. Pre-order now @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/munster-go-home…

[​IMG]

https://www.facebook.com/ScreamFactoryDVD/photos/a.130215417115478/1669927943144210/?type=3&theater

7. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Get ready for a another round of old school chills and thrills. The UNIVERSAL HORROR COLLECTION VOLUME 4 is coming to Blu-ray on March 17th!

This latest volume includes four tales of terror from the archives of Universal Pictures, the true home of classic horror. This collection includes such horror stars as Boris Karloff, Bela Lugosi, Lionel Atwill, and Rondo Hatton.

Boris Karloff ignites the screen as an inventor who is kidnapped by a gang of burglars and forced to help them commit robberies in NIGHT KEY. Bela Lugosi stars in a creepy tale of strange characters, secret passages and a murderer who masters the art of "mind over matter" in NIGHT MONSTER. In THE CLIMAX, Karloff is terrifying as a mad doctor whose insane jealousy over a beautiful opera singer may drive him to murder. A giant of a man is used as an instrument of evil by a mad sculptor in HOUSE OF HORRORS,

Extras are in progress and will be announced on a later date. Pre-order now @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/universal-horror-collection-vol-4?product_id=7324

[​IMG]

Erick H. likes this.
  8. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

fceurich39 likes this.
  9. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

The legendary tale was once told in an epic 2-part TV miniseries in 1973’s FRANKENSTEIN: THE TRUE STORY. Coming to Blu-ray for the first time on March 24th!

Featuring an incredible cast, including Jane Seymour, Agnes Moorehead, Michael Sarrazin, James Mason and Leonard Whiting, this film faithfully retells Mary Shelley's unforgettable story. Victor Frankenstein's medical experimentations result with the shocking discovery that he can revive the dead. But when the creature he brings forth becomes a killer, is anyone safe? Find out in this gruesome, heart-pounding thriller created by legendary talents such as screenwriter Christopher Isherwood and makeup artist Roy Ashton.

Key art will be reversible as shown, with the newly illustrated art (the left image, courtesy of Mark Maddox) front facing.

Extras to be announced on a later date. Pre-order now @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/p…/frankenstein-the-true-story…

https://www.facebook.com/ScreamFactoryDVD/photos/a.130215417115478/1670935753043429/?type=3&theater

[​IMG]

baggio likes this.
  10. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see how this turns out. It looks absolutely terrible on DVD, and there's debate about the intended aspect ratio (1.33 on American TV, 1.85 for European theatrical release).

11. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

12. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Frankenstein: The True Story. Man, that messed me up as a kid, even though I never saw it.

See, when that came out, I was like 5-6, and REALLY sensitive to scary shit. Just a commercial for an upcoming movie had me in my parents' bed. The one thing they said to calm me was that it was "all make believe". Then they come out with shit like "Frankenstein: The True Story", and I thought it meant Frankenstein was based on a real event. That did NOT sit well with me.

fattyjoe37, X-human and Zombie Dude like this.
  13. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

14. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

More March titles:

Before The Devil Knows Your Dead:
    https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/before-the-devil-knows-you-re-dead?product_id=7330

Masked and Anonymous:
    https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/masked-and-anonymous?product_id=7327

Radioflash DVD/Blu-ray:
    https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/radioflash?product_id=7317

And the extras to Brewster's Millions revealed (which will also include the 1945 original in HD!):

https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/brewster-s-millions-collector-s-edition?product_id=7272

"NEW Audio Commentary With Film Critics William Bibbiani And Witney Seibold, Hosts Of The Podcast Critically Acclaimed
    • NEW Interview With Screenwriter Herschel Weingrod
    • Brewster's Millions – 1945 Adaptation Starring Dennis O'Keefe And Helen Walker (1080p, 1.33:1, B&W, 79 Minutes)
    • Theatrical Trailer
    • Still Gallery"

15. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I'll have to get that Brewster's Millions. It's a guilty pleasure of mine, and I watch it every time I find it while flipping channels.

Plus everyone who is in it is dead already: Richard Pryor, John Candy, Jerry Orbach, Stephen Collins' career.

KGBRadioMoskow likes this.
  16. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Has this ever happened to you? You will get the Blu(of a popular film that plays alot on TV), then not watch the film anymore. Because when it's on TV you figure, I got the Blu ... so. Better quality etc... Then you wind up not watching it. It's happened to me with a few films. I know when Jaws was always on, I would watch at least some of it on TV. Now that I have the Blu, I barely watch it anymore. I don't why I do this, or can explain it, ... but this happens in my case.

17. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

No, a variation instead. I have movies on Blu (or DVD) that I've never spun from beginning to end, yet I'll watch snippets of it if I catch it while flipping channels. Right now, Showtime is airing Zombie a lot (sometimes even back to back with The Beyond...how cool is that? Fulci double feature on a mainstream premium network) and I'll watch that instead of either of the TWO Blue Underground versions I have on Blu.

18. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Oh, ok. Yes, I've done that too.

19. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

Shout Factory hasn't announced it on their website or in their social media accounts, but Roger Corman's 1955 film, Day the World Ended, is up for preorder with a March 10, 2019 release date.

[​IMG]

20. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

My rationale is that if I put in a disc, I need to commit to watching it beginning-to-end, but if it's something I see while channel surfing, I can just watch parts of it or do other things around the house while it's on. The fallacy is that more often than not, I just end up watching the whole thing anyway and would have had a better viewing experience if I'd put in the Blu, turned off the lights, and fired up the 5.1 sound.