Upcoming Shout Factory releases

Discussion in 'General' started by Cujo108, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

Extras for The Harder They Come

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=25421

"DISC ONE:
    • BRAND NEW 4K RESTORATION FROM THE ORIGINAL 16MM NEGATIVE
    • NEW Audio Commentary with author David Katz (Jimmy Cliff: An Unauthorized Biography)
    • One and All: The Phenomenon of THE HARDER THEY COME
    • Hard Road to Travel: The Making of THE HARDER THEY COME - directed by Chris Browne
    • Vintage interviews with Jimmy Cliff, Arthur Gorson and director Perry Henzell
    • Vintage interview with a director of photography David MacDonald
    • Vintage interview with line producer Yvonne Brewster
    • THE HARDER THEY COME music video
    DISC TWO:
    • NEW NO PLACE LIKE HOME - restoration from the original 16mm film elements
    • NEW audio commentary with Sally Henzell, David Garonzik, Cookie Kinkead and Arthur Gorson
    • NEW Perry Henzell: A Filmmaker's Odyssey - A short film on the long path to completing "NO PLACE LIKE HOME"
    • NEW Rise Up from the Cutting Room Floor – the restoration of "NO PLACE LIKE HOME"
    • NEW Audio Bonus Feature – P.J. Soles original vocal track and original acoustic guitar demo by Steven Soles for the title song "World Full of Beauty"
    • NEW Theatrical Trailer
    DISC THREE:
    • THE LEGACY OF PERRY HENZELL: A STORY OF JAMAICAN CINEMA (Produced and directed by Arthur Gorson and David Garonzik, Executive Producer Justine Henzell)
    • NEW Filmin' in the Gully – Anatomy of Three Scenes – with "The Harder They Come" cinematographer Franklyn "Chappy" St. Juste
    • NEW Duppies in the Control Room – Dynamic Sounds Studios Then and Now
    • NEW 10A – Jamaica's Film Yard – The story of Perry Henzell's Kingston home and production center – featuring Sally Henzell, Jason Henzell, Maxine Walters, Justine Henzell and more
    • NEW A Conversation with Sir Ridley Scott
    • NEW Live From the Reggae Awards: Red Carpet interviews with stars of the Jamaican music industry - conducted at Kingston's most recent annual music awards show
    • NEW Out of Many One Filmmaker – The Disciples of Perry Henzell: featuring interviews with directors Storm Saulter, Rass Kassa, Chris Browne and producer Maxine Walters.
    • NEW Everyone A Star: The Original Cast – including actors P.J. Soles, Carl Bradshaw and Winston Stona
    • NEW Big Heap of Help: The Original Support Team – interviews with Perry's first personal assistant Beverley Manley, Assistant Director Bobby Russell, and more
    • NEW Roots: The Family Henzell - including interviews with Sally Henzell, Justine Henzell and Jason Henzell
    • NEW How Perry Rocked the World – interviews with "Native" Wayne Jobson, historian Chris Salewicz, and composer Steven Soles."

gobad2003 likes this.
  2. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Just a heads up, I'm not going to Comic-Con this year, so you'll have to rely on others for the announcements. Looks like it'll be Saturday night at 8 (PST), rather than their usual Friday afternoon panel.

Nailwraps likes this.
  3. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Anyone get Strays yet? If so how's the transfer?

4. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

Unacceptable.

gobad2003 likes this.
  5. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

Colin, gobad2003 and Natas like this.
  6. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Hey, I tried. Couldn't get a badge though.

It didn't matter much, as there's another convention I go to in July, that this year coincided with Comic-Con. I'm going there instead. Now, here's the messed-up part. I tried getting a Comic-Con badge anyway, even though I had no plans to attend. See, it's easier to get a badge if you're an attendee the previous year. The line is shorter. Now I'll have a rougher time trying to get a 2020 badge.

gobad2003 likes this.
  7. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

Crazy, in the early 2000s I used to drive to SD Saturday morn, park on the street and walk right in.

8. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Times have changed. I remember 2003, dropping my buddy off while I found parking (I already had a 4-day badge, he needed to buy a 1-day). By the time I'd parked and gotten into the Convention Center, he'd gotten a badge, went into the Quentin Tarantino panel for Kill Bill, and saved me a seat.

By the time Django Unchained came out, you had to get in line the night before if you wanted to see the panel.

9. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I've never been to SDCC, but I imagine the advent of social media is largely to blame.

I've especially noticed it with state parks. I used to walk Muir Woods whenever I'd go to Sausalito, but when I went last fall I was turned away and told I needed to reserve a time to visit in advance.

10. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

That, or the fact that the box office and television is dominated by movies and shows that are based on comic books, or are from the sci-fi/fantasy genre.

Angelman likes this.
  11. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

12. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Amazon currently has Strays for $13.43 (it says $16.xx, but there's a discount at checkout).

chancetx and fceurich39 like this.
  13. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

The Reptile is an essential Hammer “must have”. Lust of the Vampire: not so much. It’s easily my least favorite of Hammer’s vampire films (along with Legend of the Seven Golden Vampires, but to me that barely qualifies as a Hammer film). I may get it out of completists sake but maybe I can find it used somewhere down the line. I’ve had my Anchor Bay dvd for at least 15 years now and have only watched it once.

14. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

Quite recently watched the blu-ray for Legend of the Seven Golden Vampires. While I won't say it is a wonderful film I still enjoy it. Peter Cushing is always nice to see and I like kung fu films. As for Lust For a Vampire it's been many years since my last viewing but as with virtually any Hammer title I'm looking forward to a nice quality release. The Reptile was already released on blu-ray in the UK several years ago but I'll still pick up the U.S. disc as well.

15. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Just got this film I liked it.

16. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

There’s a bunch of those little deals on there - Slumber Party Massacre, Alien Predators and Alice Sweet Alice to name a few.

chancetx likes this.
  17. chancetx

chancetx Well-Known Member

I wish there were a way to search for that discount. A lot of titles on my wishlist show a discount at checkout but others don't. Seems to be for more recent releases. But thanks for the heads up CPT HOOK and Mutilated Prey.

Mutilated Prey likes this.
  18. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

19. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I've seen reports that the "Surround" channels on the audio tracks are basically silent on the Shout version, but are on the UK Network Blu-rays. I own those and can remember them often being quite immersive on the surrounds.

That review also seems to have an issue with the 5.1 audio track, so it sure sounds like Shout screwed that up somehow.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  20. Dave

Dave Pimp

I thought if you went previous years you get first dibs on a badge?

I gave up on NYCC. Too many people and too much of a hassle. My kids are older now and the excitement was gone too.