Upcoming Shout Factory releases

Discussion in 'General' started by Cujo108, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

Dang you Shout! :p

If you're throwing in the theatrical cut, new transfers, original stereo and something else worth while I'm buying!

2. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

It looks good, but knowing Shout’s track record of late it’ll be a new 4K transfer from an inferior source print compared to the original blu ray.

3. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

...except Sony doesn't allow other labels to strike new transfers of the films they license out to them. So if it is a new scan, it will have been done directly by Sony.

zbinks likes this.
  4. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

This is taking the piss a bit now, release titles that are not currently available, instead of releasing something, charging the earth and then adding an interview as the sole exclusive!

5. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I have to agree. Creeps has already been released at least four times on blu-ray.

6. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

And it's a great print, it's got all the extra's anyone could want for this movie and at a great price, granted the artwork is not the best, but I don't need an upgrade for that!

7. Nailwraps

Official announcement for Night of The Creeps on Facebook!:

"**NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT + First Ever Exclusive Tom Atkins ACTION FIGURE from NECA - N.E.C.A**

We aim to “thrill” you today with very exciting news! Please read carefully on as there’s a lot to communicate…

• We are releasing a new Blu-ray of the popular 80s cult classic NIGHT OF THE CREEPS, which is planned for a May 28th Street Date. Region A. US & Canada. ...
    • This will be presented as a Collector’s Edition and will come guaranteed with a slipcover in its first three months of release.
    • We are doing something different and not adding a newly-designed illustration to the national release. The front-facing cover will be the iconic “zombie rose” art that many remember fondly from its initial VHS release. The reverse cover will featuring a theatrical poster design (Students with flamethrowers as zombies approach)
    • Extras and final specs are in progress and will be announced on a later date. All extras from the prior U.S. Blu-ray release will be ported over and new extras are underway. Director’s Cut of the film is a given and we are working towards also providing the theatrical cut of the film (which had a different ending) as well. We’ll let you know of our progress in April.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now if you are the ultimate NIGHT OF THE CREEPS fan then you’ll want to take note of two offers on the release—one of which is only available at www.shoutfactory.com while supplies last:

STANDARD OFFER (which will also be made available through other retailers throughout the month).
    - Receive the Collector’s Edition Blu-ray with slipcover
    Pre-order through us now @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/…/night-of-the-creeps-collecto…

EXCLUSIVE WEBSITE-ONLY DELUXE OFFER (Only 3,000 of this offer being made. US & Canada only)
    - Receive the Collector’s Edition Blu-ray with slipcover
    - Receive a rolled limited-edition 18” x 24” poster of a newly-designed illustration from Devon Whitehead (Trick r Treat, Valentine). Made exclusively for this promotion only. (Also to note: Posters are now being rolled and shipped in a poster tube differently that we did last year to ensure better delivery.)
    - Receive a second slipcover featuring the Devon Whitehead art concept. (Both the poster and the slipcover were made exclusively for our site only)
    - Receive an exclusive, limited edition 8” tall Detective Ray Cameron (Tom Atkins) action figure created by NECA - N.E.C.A and officially approved by Mr. Atkins himself! This will only be made available here exclusively on our site and will not be sold elsewhere or at a later date.
    - Free Standard Shipping on U.S. Orders.

We anticipate this one-of-a-kind offer to sell out. Lock in your pre-order ASAP @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/produc...-with-exclusive-action-figure?product_id=7065 "

fceurich39 likes this.
  8. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

What are the differences between the theatrical cut and director’s cuts? I’ve only ever seen the director’s cut on blu-ray and I already have the Eureka (which is region free btw) and don’t plan on getting this release from SF. Just curious if there’s much of a difference between the two versions.

~Matt

9. Nailwraps

The ending is all that's different between the 2 cuts.

10. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

$69.99 for that Collector's Edition! Goddamn, while stacked, that is too rich for my blood.

11. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

Holy shit, wait:

TOM ATKINS COMES WITH A BEER!

[​IMG]

12. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Region A, Fucking LOL.

Pretty much all Sony release are region free other labels have licenced this movie and gone region free, all twilight time releases were region free, I don't believe for one second they are being forced to make this region locked.

So why not make it region free and open yourself up to more sales and maybe a price decrease due to the open market? NAH why bother just stick to the ludicrous pricing and keep it locked within USA/Canadian shores, the mind boggles.

Zombie Dude and Steel76 like this.
  13. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

I think the recent Eureka release was Region-B locked, so Sony may actually be enforcing a region-lock for this release for whatever reason.

14. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Eureka release was confirmed to be region free a few posts up.

zbinks likes this.
  15. KGBRadioMoskow

KGBRadioMoskow Well-Known Member

Include a slug spitting dead dog, and I'm all in.

As is, its just more stuff I don't have room for, with a disk upgrade that doesn't add anything new.

16. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

No, it's technically region locked, but there is a bypass trick that works on certain players.

zbinks likes this.
  17. Nailwraps

Well they state the theatrical version is included so...

And I hear you; sometimes disc space is a problem and I really don't like thinking about it myself. But at least with a new edition with more materials and a new transfer (the latter said about any new release), you can just replace the old with the new and just sell the old (unless for whatever reason you don't want to).

18. gobad2003

gobad2003 Active Member

Wasn't going to pick this up but people are already reporting this is over half sold out :eek: Just when I thought I was out of the pre-ordering game with Shout, They suck me right back in :p

Almost ordered the Eureka release but glad I waited because the Atkins figure is tits :D

19. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I do love that Atkins figure, but $70 is a bit too rich for me.

Maybe someday I'll find it for $7 at an FYE like the Billy figure from SNDN.

20. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

The figure's cool but I'm not a big Creeps fan so the film itself is an easy pass.

Myron Breck likes this.