Upcoming Shout Factory releases

Discussion in 'General' started by Cujo108, Dec 19, 2009.

1. KGBRadioMoskow

KGBRadioMoskow Makes any meat boneless!

I rated it 3 out of 4 in my collection. Its a fairly straight forward man versus beast territorial escalation, but quite competently executed. Baring production defect the blu is a definite upgrade decision for me.

satans-sadists likes this.
  2. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

3. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

4. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Also, The Bride (1985) was just announced for their September lineup.

5. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I got the Ninja III: The Domination Blu-ray re-release + poster from Shout Factory today.

I haven't compared it side-by-side with the older Blu-ray transfer yet, but the new 4K scan looks quite good. Nice grain and visible detail.

The three new Interviews run about 41 minutes in total. The old Audio Commentary track is ported over (now presented is lossless audio), new Isolated Music Score + Audio Interviews track, plus the theatrical trailer, a "Trailer from Hell" with Josh Olson, and 2 Stills Galleries complete the bonus features.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  6. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Curious to hear how the new Ninja III compares to the older release in terms of picture quality.

7. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I popped in the old disc, and the new transfer definitely looks better overall. It also now has the correct OAR framed at 1.85:1 on the new Blu-ray. The old Blu-ray just had the ratio framed at 1.78:1

The old encode for the movie took up 21.5gb on the old disc. The encode for the film on the new disc takes up 25.5gb.

The grain and details appear tighter in the new scan, and not quite so choppy. I did notice one brief scene that looks "softer" for several seconds, like maybe it was grabbed and spliced in from the old disc for some reason.

I don't know if I would say the new transfer is a huge difference worth upgrading for that alone, but at least it does have some new bonus features and better cover art. Plus optional English subtitles this time around for the main feature.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    satans-sadists likes this.
  8. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

From Facebook:

"*NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT**

Demi Moore, Michael Biehn and Jürgen Prochnow face the end-of-days in the riveting 1988 thriller THE SEVENTH SIGN—which is coming to the Blu-ray from us in September!

Moore stars as Abby Quinn, a young woman who discovers that she and her unborn child play a terrifying part in the chain of events destined to end the world. Already troubled with a difficult pregnancy, Abby grows more distraught once she and her husband (Biehn, The Terminator, Alien...s, The Fan) rent their studio apartment to David (Prochnow, In The Mouth Of Madness), an enigmatic drifter. As Abby becomes ensnared in a series of otherworldly experiences, it becomes apparent that David is carrying out the mythical prophecies of Judgment Day ... and that she has been chosen as the instrument of the Seventh Sign. But can Abby — or anyone — stand between the wrath of God and the future of humanity?

Extras are in progress and will be announced on a later date. National street date is September 11th but if you pre-order directly from us we'll ship it out two weeks early!"

Workshed and Angelman like this.
  9. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

I remember reading about this in Fango, and seeing it years later. More thriller than horror.

10. foller

foller Active Member

Really liked that one.

11. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Seventh Sign was just ok.

12. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

I pretty much love Ninja III, so this sounds like a definite purchase for me. Thanks for the feedback!

13. Nailwraps

From Shout Select's Facebook:

"Big, exciting, fun, '80s announcement next week!"

*crosses fingers for Spaceballs and the Police Academy movies*

14. CPT HOOK

I already have Spaceballs and the entire Police Academy series on blu-ray, so either of those would be pretty meh to me.

Worth mentioning, Police Academy UK set is region free, includes all 7 movies, and even has extras.

baggio likes this.
  15. Nailwraps

Yes, but one released by Shout! candidates for new restorations (especially since 3 has been affected with DNR) and MORE extras. Also, nothing wrong with giving Spaceballs a nice upgrade with a 4K restoration. ;)

16. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

I’d take the Canadian rip-off film, Recruits. In a heartbeat. I’m not sure that it has ever even seen the light of day on DVD.

loutoad23 and wago70 like this.
  17. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

[​IMG]

Released: September 18, 2018 • Available in US & Canada
    Product SKU: 826663189858
    $23.99

Bonus Features
    • Audio Commentary With Director Gus Trikonis, Writer Donald G. Thompson, And Director Of Photography Mario Di Leo, Moderated By Walter Olsen
    • Theatrical Trailer
    • TV Spot
    https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/the-evil?product_id=6831

https://www.facebook.com/ScreamFact...4939.103961936407493/1215361391934203/?type=3

Last edited: May 31, 2018
  18. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

BRAIN DEAD (1990) announcement:

https://www.facebook.com/ScreamFact...961936407493/1215413681928974/?type=3&theater

**NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT**

1990’s BRAIN DEAD featuring a “double Bill” – Bill Pullman and Bill Paxton – is coming to Blu-ray for the first time this September! The cast also includes Bud Cort (Harold and Maude) and George Kennedy (Cool Hand Luke).

The Eunice Corporation is on the ground floor of an exciting growth industry, utilizing a memory re-sculpting technique pioneered by eccentric neurosurgeon Rex Martin (Bill Pullman, Independence Day, The Grudge). It envisions nationwide clinics where anyone can lose the hang-ups of an unhappy childhood, a failed romance or a botched career. At Eunice's "New You" outlets, a simple operation will give customers peace of mind. Or it might leave them brain dead. But when Martin refuses to cooperate with Eunice, he soon finds himself plunged into a surreal existence that intertwines dreams and reality. Has Martin slipped over the edge into madness? Or have corporate profit mongers given him a push, making him the guinea pig in his own experiment? To know the answer is to know true terror! Directed by Adam Simon (TV's Salem) with a story by TV's The Twilight Zone writer Charles Beaumont.

Extras are in progress and will be announced on a later date.

National release date is September 11th but if you pre-order directly from us we'll ship it out two weeks early!

Workshed and zbinks like this.
  19. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

20. CPT HOOK

I don't remember Brain Dead or The Unborn being that great, but they've only been available in crappy fullscreen versions (even NetFlix looked like VHS rips). I might be game for another try with decent widescreen transfers.

I'm game for The Evil, but I'd much rather have Twice Dead. It's way more fun.