Upcoming Shout Factory releases

Discussion in 'General' started by Cujo108, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

Speaking of Nick, I have to unfortunately to tell you that according to one of Shout!'s comments on Facebook, there deal with Nick is done (in terms of no more sublicensing titles, nothing's going OOP btw!). So the hope of an uncut Ren and Stimpy Show set are dashed once again. :(

2. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

https://www.facebook.com/ScreamFact...3961936407493/585170264953322/?type=1&theater

3. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

I dropped by Wallmart last night, it was indeed $19.96. Picked up the set. Strange that Wallmart.com has the set for more, plus the shipping too.

Thanks for the heads up. I've been wanting to pick up the season for the longest time, (they have been in my list on Amazon since 2012) Was waiting for the sets to come down in price. Actually forgot they were there until I saw your post. If you were to buy(right now) the 5 individual sets on Amazon, it would come to $120.

4. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

5. zbinks

https://www.facebook.com/ScreamFact...3961936407493/585216338282048/?type=1&theater

6. SpaceAce

SpaceAce Active Member

Thanks for the heads up on the Hey Dude set, I debated on getting it when they first released them but I figured I didn't want to buy all the seasons...but this made it an easy decision.

7. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

**ANOTHER NEW TITLE ANNOUNCE!***

James Spader (The Blacklist, Boston Legal) finds himself caught up in serial killer intrigue in JACK’S BACK. This 1988 underrated thriller (both Siskel and Ebert gave it a "thumbs up!") is scheduled to slash onto DVD & Blu-ray for the first time this Summer!

Artwork you see here is final. Pre-order links will go up sometime early next month at www.screamfactorydvd.com. No word to report yet on any extras.

[​IMG]

8. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

Also from Scream's Facebook:

"Our Friday the 13th "update-a-thon" event continues by revealing the final list extras that will be included on our blu-ray release of SCARECROWS

• Audio Commentary with director William Wesley and producer Cami Winikoff
    • Audio Commentary with co-screenwriter Richard Jefferies, Director of Photography Peter Deming and composer Terry Plumeri
    • The Last Straw – an interview with Special Make-up Effects Creator Norman Cabrera
    • Cornfield Commando – an interview with Actor Ted Vernon
    • Original Storyboards
    • Still Gallery
    • Theatrical Trailer

Street date is 6/2 but if you order directly from us @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/film/film-horror/scarecrows you’ll receive it two weeks early!"

Also, Maude The Complete Series review:
    http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/66872/maude-the-complete-series/

9. zbinks

https://www.facebook.com/ScreamFact...3961936407493/585581141578901/?type=1&theater

10. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

Very excited for Jack's Back and I love the bonus features listed for Scarecrows. I've never seen Ghost Town or Nomads, but it's very cool to see them get released (especially since Ghost Town has never been on disc before). Can't say I'm too happy about the double feature upgrades. Why not just do them right the first time? Luckily I only paid less than $10 each for the 4 packs these were taken off of, but these won't be high on my list of titles to re-buy.

11. dressedtokill

dressedtokill New Member

Some pretty solid announcements! Definitely buying the double features and Ghost town. I've never heard of Nomads and the Jack Spader movie, are they any good?
    Hopefully the announcements will please those people that are constantly bitching that SF only releases mainstream/available titles

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  12. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

SF seems to be mining the late 80s horror era. I have to admit, those years are not well represented in my collection (I was in college at the time) other than the obvious ones like Re-Animator, Demons, Hellraiser, Phantasm 2, The Blob, etc. I'm curious to see if some of these "under the radar" films were any good.

13. Jack_Burton

Jack_Burton New Member

Some excellent announcements! I've never seen Nomads but it sounds like my kinda movie. Anyone see it?

14. crikan

crikan Well-Known Member

McTiernan has directed some of my alltime favorite films and Brosnan is one of my favorite actors but I found NOMADS to be an insufferable mess. It's confusing and most of the characters are unbelievable. I'd sit through the dreadful DETONATOR films for a second time before I'd ever think of giving NOMADS another look (not happening). I'd suggest giving NOMADS a look on Netflix streaming before you spend your money.

I am excited to see THE OUTING get an HD release.

15. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

Ghost Town!!! Awesome! I haven't seen that in almost 20 years, but I remember really liking it. And I love the cover art for that. I hope the fact that they don't give the usual comment about "no news on extras at this time" after that announcement doesn't mean they are planning to do it barebones. If they can do supplements for something like Scarecrows, surely they can do something for this. (and after seeing that list for Scarecrows, I'll actually probably pick that up too...)

16. foller

foller Active Member

Yes but only the same cut version without the missing intro like the DVD. What's the point in creating a new master if it is still cut?

Shout is really lacking lately. We are getting more and more discs which offer the same cut versions as before (Phantom of the Opera, Ghoulies, Sleepaway Camp 3, etc.). Very lame.

17. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

Terrific announcements, particularly Ghosttown. Cannot wait for that one. Been wanting it for some time. Nomads was good and I remember Jack's Back. All three will be on my to buy list.

18. ronnie21

ronnie21 Well-Known Member

I wanna see, hell night, and blood beach and fade to black, over these!!!!

19. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

I'm in for Ghost Town and Outing!

20. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

That's how I feel too. Might have to pass on those due to this.