Upcoming Shout Factory releases

Discussion in 'General' started by Cujo108, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

2. Nailwraps

More Shout! Factory annoucements and cover art!:

http://www.fangoria.com/index.php?o...nshout-dvd-art&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=167

"Shout! Factory made the official announcement of its SLUMBER PARTY MASSACRE Collection DVD release today, and to go with it, we’ve got a look at the art as well as advance peeks at the covers of other Roger Corman’s Cult Classics titles on the way later this year.

Streeting October 5, the two-disc SLUMBER set contains all three films in the driller-killer franchise, with a new anamorphic widescreen transfer of Amy Jones’ 1982 original film, a three-part documentary, photo and poster galleries, trailers and a collectible booklet. When filmmaker Jason Paul Collum first revealed details of his documentary and the other SLUMBER extras back on our old newsblog, he told us that there would be commentaries for each movie as well, and it’s not clear at this point whether that’ll still be the case. Retail price for the set is $24.97—and if you order it from the Shout! on-line store, you get the nifty tie-in pillowcase pictured below as a special gift.

Also coming Oct. 5 is the haunted-house double feature of Gus Trikonis’ 1978 THE EVIL and Bert L. Dragin’s 1988 TWICE DEAD. Arriving November 2 (at last report) are the Traci Lords-starring 1988 remake of NOT OF THIS EARTH and another double-bill: Fred Gallo’s 1991 DEAD SPACE, originally set to be paired with TIME WALKER, but now sharing a disc with Thierry Notz’s 1989 creature feature THE TERROR WITHIN. Look for further details on these DVDs as we get ’em!"

3. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Wait, they're not releasing TIME WALKER now?!??? Lame! :(

4. Marshall Crist

Marshall Crist New Member

It's still in the pipeline.

5. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

That sucks! I guess the same thing also happened to Up From the Depths?

6. Nailwraps

But if it does/that happen then maybe Time Walker and Up From The Depths could be a new double feature DVD.

7. Nailwraps

8. RJ Fielder

RJ Fielder Member

Via Cliff Mac on the DVD Maniacs forum:

So no need for anyone to freak out just yet.

9. Katatonia

Whew! Just as long as they don't cancel it...

10. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

11. Nailwraps

Horrorbid.com has listed the special features for the Slumber Party Massacre collection.:

http://www.horrorbid.com/blog/blog1.php/2010/07/14/sex-sells-the-slumber-party-massacre-col

"Bonus Features: * New Anamorphic Widescreen Transfer of the Original SPM * 3-Part Documentary * Photo and Poster Still Gallery * Trailers * Collectible Booklet"

I'd also like to state that the company's website will sell exclusively with the collection an exclusive pillow case.

12. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Anybody find a decent price for Galaxy of Terror & Forbidden World on Blu-Ray? I wound up getting Death Race 2000 for $16.00 and free shipping. No such luck with either of these two titles coming out next week.

13. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I would like to know also.

I have never seen either film, but if it comes down to buying only one or the other, which movie should I get?

14. Katatonia

I pre-ordered both of them on Amazon for $18.99 each. Of course that was when they first appeared on Amazon and had the 30% off prices though.

15. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

If I recall, you usually pre-order early. Do you get those better discounts when the titles are first available for pre-order?

That great price I got on Death Race 2000 was short lived on Deep Discount (still waiting for that, I might add even though I ordered it two days before the street date). I generally prefer ordering from Amazon anyway. Much faster and usually no BS.

16. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

I too have never seen either film, but have always been a fan of Corman productions. It's a pretty safe bet I won't be disappointed with either.

Galaxy of Terror is better known mostly for its cast: Erin Moran, Robert Englund, Sid Haig, Ray Walston. Plus (maybe I'm wrong), I get the impression that Galaxy of Terror has slightly more production value compared to Forbidden World even though both are cheap B-movies.

17. bloodthrill

bloodthrill New Member

I got Galaxy Of Terror for $10 on Amazon,just by upgrading to two-day shipping to guarantee a delivery on the 20th for another $2.I pre-ordered it with 2001 Maniacs:Field Of Screams Unrated.I'm hoping to see the little box pop up in my mailbox by Tuesday at the latest,else they will refund my shipping.
    *Note: These are DVDs I speak of.*

And yes,I think the production on "Galaxy" when compared to "Forbidden" is substantially higher. I've not seen many reviewers poke fun at the former,but in a recent review composed on the latter, it was literally said, "Where those spray-painted egg cartons serving as the ship's walls?"Ah,well the mine shaft in Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom was largely comprised of crumpled tin foil spray-painted gray.Such were the 80s.

18. Katatonia

Yeah, the prices are usually better if you pre-order early on Amazon. Pre-orders usually have a standard 30% off the SRP (sometimes more). The prices then often go up later.

19. Nailwraps

20. springjack

springjack New Member

I don?t think Piranha will be a 2 disk edition.

I saw in the AV Maniacs forums some screens of the menus and it looks that it will be 1 disk.
    ________
    Free wordpress themes

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011