Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'General' started by _pi_, Nov 6, 2007.
Everyone in this thread is going straight to hell due to the non-stop blasphemy.
Kevin Smith's Movies Are Pure Fucking Garbage.
Isn't that a given.
- Anyone who doesn't have the same taste in horror movies as me is wrong!
- Unpopular Opinion threads are overrated.
- Ash28m's polls are overrated. Oh wait that's me.
- Anyone who doesn't like The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Exorcist, BWP or Suspiria may not actually like horror films.
- Anyone who uses the term "torture porn" is Fox News sheep and wants to make love to Bill O'Reilly.
Capitalism is by it's very nature a selfish endeavor and is destroying the world.
America is "one nation under God" but the concept of freedom and liberty was invented by Satan. The Christian God is all about unity and obeying your masters. Satan is a proponent of individuality and he was cast out of heaven for his beliefs.
Lemme give this a try:
- Exorcist bores the crap out of me still to this day.
- Tarantino still hasn't made a watchable movie.
- Most horror flicks I love I could probably just condense into one DVD of just the gore scenes (Zombi, Anthropophagus, The Beyond, etc.) and be perfectly happy.
- Some Tales from the Crypt episodes scared me more than any horror film ever has (When Don Rickles' brother attaches himself to Bobcat Golthwait in that ventriloquist episode, I still cringe.)
Non horror related
- The Beatles blew
- The Sex Pistols were a boy band
- Transformers is the worst film of 2007
- Judd Apatow is a cancer to comedy
Life would be so much better if everyone lived and loved by the moral lessons taught to us in TURK 182.
What part of these is unpopular?
Reading up on your Marx, I see. :lol:
- Red Eye is the best film Craven has done since Scream 2
- Scream 2 is the best film Craven has done since New Nightmare
- New Nightmare is the best film Craven has done PERIOD
- Mary Reilly is an underrated film, but Julia Roberts still sucks
- Blair Witch 2 is a really good film (not so much an unpopular thing now, it seems )
- I'll take "WB Teen Star" horror over the current remakes and "Torture Porn" any day
- Death Proof is awesome and is the true "Grindhouse" half of Grindhouse
- There is nothing wrong with PG-13 horror, it's just more a problem with crap movies
- If more female nudity helps a film than male nudity should as well
- I sometimes prefer remakes of asian horror films so I don't get confused as to which actress is which (I'm looking directly at you Asian Pulse)
- Cabin Fever is Eli Roth's best film (I don't count Thanksgiving)
- Saw II is the best of the series, and that's faint praise at best
- Going to the movies sucks anymore, I don't care how many gimmicks they use to try and tell you different
- Valentine is underrated and they need to release a special edition with all the cut violence pronto
I'd think of more if my bed wasn't calling out to me.......
I agree with the comments about Valentine. An uncut version is definitely needed.
See, this is an example of taking a good idea, and spoiling it for no good reason.
1876. No - Descent isn't exceptional. It's good, not great. It's your basic monsters from nowhere movie with a couple decent claustrophobia scenes. And no-one gets naked!
1877. No - Altered isn't great. It just about makes good. It's half baked, and they didn't have the good sense to hide poor monster effects. And I never even wanted anyone in it to get naked!
1878. Most Monty Python sketches are no longer funny. Many were rooted very much in their time - and around British politics at that. The Peckinpah sketch is funny though. No naked wanted here.
-Sam Raimi has made one good movie which was The Evil Dead
-I own 4 dif. versions of TCM dvds, along with the rest of the series
-giallo films are terrible
-any argento movie is far better then every fulci movie.
-I love Salo
-seeing a dick in a movie doesnt bother me, who gives a fuck?
-Pseudo snuff films arent bad, i own many
-I am sick of all the classic album and rate these film threats. i quit coming to the site for a week when i came and the entire home page was classic album threads.
-Darkness: The Vampire Verison is one of the best vampire movies (i figure one of the most unpopular opinions on here)
-Near Dark is the best vampire movie ever made
-The Ugly is extremely underrated
-i also love Valentine
-this decade, and this year alone, has been great for horror
-HHE remake was far better then the original
-Peter Jackson, David Lynch, and David Fincher are my 3 favorite directors and i love every film they have made. EVERY FILM
-All 4 of Romero's dead movies are equally awesome
-Oldboy is the worst of the vengeance trilogy, and one of the most disappointing movies i have ever seen
-i have spindles upon spindles of burned films
-when i saw the thread about troma folding, i part of me died.
-speaking of saw, the entire series is trash.
-i gladly paid 50 for the eraserhead box, and dont regret it one bit
-77 punk and new wave is great, especially duran duran.
-Event Horizon is the only film to scare me shitless, and still does.
-Animal cruelty in films doesnt bother me, since it wouldnt bother me if a person died as well
-people who condemn rape movies yet love slasher movies are idiots. if youre going to advocate one you better advocate the other
-i learned to read better by watching foreign films as a kid
-i agree with the statement about pandas dying
-i used to be indifferent to abortion, until i telemarketed for planned parenthood and realized how ignorant every pro-life person i talked to was. i am pro-choice to spite every one of them. but i would like to thank the man who bomb threatened a clinic in florida after i called him, i got the day off.
thats it for now
oh oh go sick'm Dwatts
Oh yeah "horror fans" that don't watch Subtitled, Black and White or Silent horror films are Fan boys.
Anyone who say that Blair Witch 2 (although I liked it) is a better film then Blair Witch is drunk and makes me question their commitment to Sparkle Motion!
Umm and anyone who is a practicing Christian and believes in War, The Death Penalty, Revenge, Has More money then they need or doesn't believe in helping the poor or forgiveness is a Hypocrite! Plain and simple and instead they look for loop holes in their religious that are convenient to their way of life.
Hey pi ,
This is a great thread! Excellent.
I'm really enjoying these post. Many I disagree with, but its more fun to let it go. These rants are very entertaining.
Yeah, sometimes I find myself on the verge of commenting back when I see something I totally disagree with, but then I remember that Congo is one of my 10 favorite films of all time and I think Andrew Lloyd Webber is a musical prodigy, so I must respect the opinion of others :lol:
I also want to state my undying love of Valentine, even though I've done it many many times on this forum before. That film is amazing.
The Black Christmas remake is also about 50X more fun than the original. And, no, I don't mean "cheesy" fun, but entertaining-good-movie-fun.
Oh and The Cell is a masterpiece. And I, too, love Jennifer Lopez both as an actress and as a singer. She DO IT WELL (hohoho)!
The Cell actually works well as a Philip K. Dickish piece of science fiction.
I often think that it would have been better received if it took place in a more Blade-Runnerish world than so closely mirroring our own.
In Lucio Fulci's ZOMBIE - the effects and overall "Grindhouse" ambiance are far more superior and effective on the first Anchor Bay release.
Not to steal any thunder, but it has been pointed out that we've had one of these in the past. Not sure who started it though...
Yeah, and like I said in the opening to this thread, I stole the idea from popjustice
But I'll take any credit that comes my way.