Tribute picture to Horrordvds.com and to all of you good people at this forum

Discussion in 'General' started by gusse, Apr 22, 2002.

1. gusse

gusse New Member

Check this out...

I didn't have anything to do at work this afternoon (oh well, perhaps I did after all...) so I fellt a bit bored. Ended up playing around in Photoshop for a while, I do that from time to time. I'm not all that good, but I would defenetly call my selfe a enthustiastic amateur when it comes to graphics and design. It's something I enjoy doing and one day I might be pretty decent at it!

..Anyway. This particular day I fellt like making something that reflected my fondnes of horrormovies. And as I was working on the picture I came up with the idea that it should be some sort of a tribute to this site! After all I come here everyday to check out the forum and all that - seemed like a good thing to do.

So here it is. My little tribute to all of you good people who share this place in space with me. Specially Dave who started this site and made it what it is today! Thanks for this greate GREATE site!!!

Cheers!
    /gusse

Attached Files:

2. gusse

gusse New Member

BTW. It would be fun if you told me what you think of the picture, feedback is always interesting.

I really like this particular style of pictures. You know the dirty look, scratches and all that. I know it's not all that representative of the DVD format since most of us prefere our movies without those sorts of things :rolleyes: but I think you'll get the gloomy feeling I was trying to capture. I chosed this particular colour sheme to give the whole thing a sort of burning feeling since we all are going to hell for watching these sorts of movies ;) ...and i allso think it's nice to look at :D

Tell me what you think. If the feedback isnt too aggresive I might make some more pictures in the same vein in the future! :cool:

3. dirkwu

dirkwu Bannable Lector

Wow! That's cool.

4. moogong

moogong Arte Suave

cool man, I dig that.:D :D

5. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Wow gusse, great banner!

Maybe an extended one with more characters/creatures in it and Dave would use it as a new Horrordvds.com banner here for the board. Great job gusse.:cool: Dave would you be interested in using a banner made by gusse to upgrade the older banner used now?

6. y2doublet

y2doublet Toxic Crusader

From one Swede to another, pretty fricking great picture!

7. NMA

NMA New Member

And here is my tribute...

I really loved gusse's picture. I really love this place and I hope you like my collage...

[​IMG]

8. Dave

Dave Pimp

That is a cool picture. Thanks for the kind words about the site.

I already have 3 or 4 forum logos that I'm going to start rotating between. Maybe leave one up for 5 or 6 months. What I'd like to do is find a hack that will load one at random each time someone visits the forum. I'll look into that someday. There are lots of Vbulletin hacks out there.

I certainly wouldn't mind more forum logos. Just keep in mind that the current logo is about as big as it can go. I don't know the dimensions off hand, but you can just open the logo up in Photoshop to check the dims.

9. rhett

rhett Administrator

Awesome picks guys!

10. SEANVALEN

SEANVALEN Active Member

Excellent work Guss, very impressed, like you I like that colour gloomy look, a mix of Night of the living dead, and some of those Christopher Lee vampire films, with a hint of moody serial killer seven type look, with a tough of monsterious overtones, exceptional gusse, right on the edge.

Excellent.

Long live Horrordvds, respect to the forumers and fans, great site, the best, it has a character, bring all the fans who see the horror movies, the atmosphere at times is present in the forum, excellent.

11. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

I always try to make stuff like that, and homemade lobby cards (my Beyond one is pretty decent) but I only have the Arcsoft program that came with my computer and that's not the best thing to do it with. Does anyone know how much Photoshop costs to buy? I've been thinking about getting it forever, but I'm poor and lazy.

12. DVD Connoisseur

DVD Connoisseur Active Member

Superb pics...

...thanks for posting such work. Excellent.

13. moogong

moogong Arte Suave

Re: Not everybody loves us

awww...come on. you gotta let us know where you found that:D

looks like somebody was a dick, got banned, and is now crying about it.

pathetic.

14. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

im impressed. i try to use photoshop and its hard as hell to make anything productive.

good job guys, both those were awesome.

anyways~ where are these racist and sexist posts? id love to read em

15. aoiookami

aoiookami Demon Fetishist

really cool! thanks for sharing, I loved the inclusion of the severed head from re-animator:D (name escapes me)

16. AceRimRat

AceRimRat Guest

That's really sweet, gusse! A really nice way to work everything together with that grainy look. (Imagine, someone praising grain on a DVD forum! Hah!)

(And NMA's is cool, too. Nice mix of pix.)

17. gusse

gusse New Member

Thanks for all the nice words people - glad that you didn't find it all that bad! I think the picture turned out decent considering I made it pretty fast in Photoshop5LE (which im not completly comfortable working with - at home I use Photoshop 6.0).

Cool to see some one else decided to contribute with a picture as well (Thumbs up NMA!). All this has been pretty inspiering - perhaps I should to this more often :D ...I'll sit down in the comfort of my own home and make a better picture for all of you next time. :cool:

I Just got an idea...

Hey Dave, how about a drawing contest of some sort. The best pictures can ge the honor of being amongs the rotating forum-logos once you get that project up and running! :)

18. gusse

gusse New Member

Hi y2doublet!

Good to see a fellow countryman in here!

Heja Sverige!!

19. y2doublet

y2doublet Toxic Crusader

Hi there!

I think we've spoken in this forum before. Anyway, ruskigt schyst bild! You the man!

20. gusse

gusse New Member

y2doublete:

Hmm - could be. Are you the one who reviews horrordvds over at www.dvdforum.nu ?