The Witch In The Window DVD - May 14th, 2019

Discussion in 'General' started by CPT HOOK, Apr 24, 2019.

1. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The Witch In The Window is a Shudder exclusive from last year that is coming to DVD on May 14th.

I watched it last fall and thought it was a really neat little indie. Very character driven, and the father and son in the movie are great. The titular witch is quite creepy as well, but the movie is driven just as much by the character drama as the horror. I don't think we've seen a lot of horror films out of Vermont.

I'd recommend it for those who weren't able to see it on Shudder. It is definitely one of their better exclusives. I'll be picking up the DVD.

fceurich39 likes this.
  2. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Might get this i noticed it releases the same day as Happy Death Day 2U will be getting that for sure!

3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I had meant to order the DVD, but got the impression that the Amazon listing is a burn-on-demand DVD-R.

Turns out they carry The Witch In The Window DVD at Family Video stores. I was able to buy it right off the shelf. I can't speak for the Amazon release, but the DVD I purchased from Family Video is a pressed disc.

View attachment 9662
    View attachment 9663

If you have any interest in this, I'd say check your local Family Video stores. As mentioned, the movie is also available on Shudder. Good little indie horror, I'm looking forward to seeing it again.

fceurich39 likes this.
  4. soxfan666

soxfan666 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed this one as a Shudder watch. Had a good amount of creep to it.

5. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

6. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

I think this is easily one of the better horror films of the past 10 years. It eschews the creative bankruptcy of busier, boo-obsessed haunting films like The Conjuring and trusts its characters and mood to maintain viewer interest. It's as much family drama as a horror film, and I usually hate films of that type--but the father/son relationship gives this story a substantial foundation. I saw the ending coming, but at least there's legitimate logic to the haunting. That also distinguishes it from the BAD STUFF HAPPENED THERE, SO... pack.

If you need a lot of action, flashy effects, or a fast pace, this will probably bore you to tears. But if atmospheric, methodical, thematically rich horror is more your style, I think you'll find a lot to like here. I haven't seen many other good films about the dread that inevitably accompanies familial responsibilities. This definitely qualifies as one.

CPT HOOK likes this.