The Undertaker

Discussion in 'General' started by The Joker, Oct 9, 2020.

1. The Joker

The Joker Well-Known Member

Thinking about picking this up from Vinegar Syndrome. I've read that the film itself is incomplete. Can anyone offer some insight?

[​IMG]

2. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I've heard that too, but it didn't feel incomplete? It worked for me, anyway. The blu-ray has some scenes in standard def VHS quality though, including most of the finale.

Fun movie though. If you enjoyed The Last Horror Film and Maniac, you'll probably enjoy, even if it's the lesser of the three.

3. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Well-Known Member

from DVD Compare :

• R0 America- Code Red - Yes, the version known as "The Death Merchant" which is vastly different from the original cut and also includes public domain footage from "The Corpse Vanishes", "Scared to Death", "Africa Screams", "Bedtime for Bonzo", and "The Terror" (82:54 NTSC)
    • R0 Limited Edition America- Vinegar Syndrome - No cuts (88:48 NTSC)

Katatonia likes this.
  4. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

It's a fairly fun late 80's film for what it is, but Spinell was clearly not very well when he shot his scenes.

I bought the Code Red DVD really cheap (I think $10 or less) years ago, even knowing then it was cut. There were some "uncut" (or near uncut) bootlegs floating around out there also.

The VS Blu-ray is far easier to watch the film though, even with the VHS inserts present. It's fully "uncut", so no worries there. The original "coffin cut-out" Slipcover was pretty cool looking too, being among the earliest ones that VS released back in 2016.

5. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

The VS blu is faaar better. The dvd version I saw (not sure if it was the Code Red one) had more of a video look to it. Also, it is an inferior cut. The end is really stupid. The VS version of the movie itself is just plain better and doesn't look like some sort of sov film. For me, it is the difference between liking the film or not.