The Strangers 2 is finally moving forward

Discussion in 'General' started by fceurich39, Feb 8, 2017.

1. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

I just saw this and really enjoyed it. The composer must have just watched The Fog before scoring it, but I have no other issues with the film.

fceurich39 likes this.
  2. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

The blu-ray of The Strangers: Prey At Night is currently on sale at Best Buy, so I picked it up and gave it another try.

Without the annoying couple giving their commentary behind me, and without having just seen the original and this sequel having to live in its shadow, I enjoyed it much more this time around. There's still something a bit off about it, it's just very tame and safe. I still couldn't feel the suspense or the stakes. Regardless, I could appreciate it as the dumb fun slasher movie that it is. The music is great, the atmosphere is decent, it's well paced. Credits are rolling before the 80 minute mark, so it doesn't overstay its welcome. I had fun, and I'm glad I gave it another try.

Blu-ray extras are underwhelming to say the least. The alternate ending is only a slight variation on the current hospital ending. There's a music video of the worst cover song I've ever heard in my entire life (a Gothy cover of "I Think We're Alone Now"). The case promises three behind-the-scenes featurettes, but they're basically EPK trailers running 1 or 2 minutes each.

Natas likes this.
  3. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Overall, I dug this. Some great creepiness the original embellishes, but yes, the victims do all the wrong things for quite a while. If you can get past that and enjoyed the first one, there’s no reason you wouldn’t find some value in it. I’ll certainly grab the Blu when it’s dirt cheap.