The Redeemer (aka Class Reunion Massacre)

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Cujo108, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Stige

Stige Well-Known Member

is amazon the only place to buy code red titles?

2. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

Not really. There's also DVDempire and I think Best Buy.

3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I wonder why the lower SRP, only $16.98.

Not complaining or anything. :)

4. Stige

Stige Well-Known Member

ok påre ordered from amazon crossing fingers please let this come

5. Stige

Stige Well-Known Member

:nervous:eek:k email from amzon about my order being delayed....

6. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Hmm, they haven't sent me any delay email about this one.

7. Bluenoser

Bluenoser New Member

I got emails from amazon saying that Redeemer, Carrier and The Undertaker were all delayed. But the new date they provided was the same as the original date... so I'm assuming it was just a mess up or amazon didn't have the proper release dates when they were posted.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  8. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Just done watching the Code Red DVD. The print is pretty beat up and badly damaged at times but I found it not to be that much of a distraction. If anything I thought it added to the charm and gave The Redeemer a real "Grindhouse" feel.
    Colors appear to be stable with only a few scenes 'washed out' and the overall image delivers good detail I thought.
    No idea if this was interlaced as I could never really tell the difference. I didn't notice any 'ghosting' or anything.
    There is a note about the print before the feature and another about the public domain version of Class Reunion Massacre which is not in the public domain at all.
    Extras includes trailer and a few 'Pointless Code Red Trailers".
    I'm happy I was able to buy an early copy. The Redeemer is a fun twisted flick and finally looks like a real movie in 16:9 widescreen.

9. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

cool will be looking forward to this long delayed code red title i'll probably get mine from diabolik dvd

10. highclassrob

highclassrob Member

Coke points for Code red?

If anybody out there collects coke points like I do you can get a $10 gift card to K-Mart (280 points) off of MyCokeRewards, which is also useable at Sears.com . Sure you have to wait 4-6 weeks to get it but sears seems to have good prices on Code Red dvd's. It might help come next pre-order.

11. bloodthrill

bloodthrill New Member

I love 'worm turns' type flicks like The Redeemer, (which I haven't seen yet,and am dying to,though I fear I might have built it up into more than it probably is).

This is a list of all of my faves I can think of with this theme, ( a misfit getting revenge on those who wronged them,not rape revenge stories like "I Spit"):

Horror High-(one of Code Red's newest unheard-ofs,which offers some dollar store Grindhouse-era thrills... the 'cleats bit' was definitely a surprising treat,and a brutal standout among pedestrian scenes...and Pat Cardi made an admirably- nebbish whipping boy on a budget).

Slaughter High(The awesomely-named Simon Scuddamore eliminates more than a few badly-disguised Brit accents from the cast list via many a creative method..acid bath,javelin-impalement,and beer-poisoning among them...a must-see )

Mirror,Mirror (a girl is victimized this time,(and a Goth Boy George-clone at that)but turns the tables..very fun little ealy-90s effort with great gratuitous nudity courtesy of Charlie's Spradlings,plus Karen Black's selfish bitch who unrealistically transforms into mom of the year,and a handful of well-written teen characters whose fate you actually care about (for this kind of thing).

976-Evil (FUN! Stephen Geoffreys is pitch-perfect as the geek-turned heart-ripping demonic creep ,Lezlie Deane is a suitably-sleazy nympho,and yes-a rare sense of genuine creepiness pervades the picture.Sandy Dennis' religious-wacko Aunt Lucy is just a glob of crimson icing on the cake. )

Evil Speak- skull-splitting,chest-perforating madness as mistreated chub Clint Howard wreaks havoc on a boys' prep school with the aid of a Satan-possessed, pre-Windows computer.The pig-evisceration-in-bathtub scene is fun for all.

Anyone else have any suggestions for this kind of flick?I left out the obvious Carrie,its sequel,and remake,(even newer, entertaining trash like Tamara and Bad Reputation that raped the living $hit out of the original concept). The character of May wasn't particularly abused,just odd,and psychotic.I'm thinking more supernatural than slasher, (though something like Terror Train would be excellent,too).Marc Price opus Trick Or Treat was kinda in this vein,even if it was more the satanic rocker doing the killing. I'm also looking more for 70s/80s style mayhem.How was Massacre At Central High? Was that even really horror? HELP!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  12. Dobby

Dobby Banned Mofo

How I envy you right now luck you. How are the menus on the DVD? Hope they didn't use that septic shit menu again.

13. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

Thanks for the DVD info, Billy. It's a shame about the lack of supplements, especially considering stuff like The Forest & Doom Asylum got decked out, but as long as the transfer is better than the EastWest release, I'll be satisfied.

14. Katatonia

That's cool, at least it's anamorphic. Given the curiously low SRP of the DVD, I was almost expecting a VHS dub in fullscreen or something.

Like Cujo108 said; I'll be happy as long as it's better than the EastWest DVD... which really wouldn't take much at all. ;)

15. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

I've never seen the EastWest DVD but there is a Class Reunion Massacre version (VHS master?) on YouTube that appears to have less print damage than the Code Red disc.
    I had no problems whatsoever with Code Red's print though as it looks 'authentic' and very filmlike, but I can see people complaining because it ain't pristine enough.

16. Katatonia

The EastWest DVD is basically just a copy off an old VHS tape. It's a double feature (the other film is Carnage from 1984) and both films are packed on a single-layered disc, so there's some slight compression artifacting present. It doesn't have much print damage, but the master it's sourced from is probably a good 25+ years old.

Even if the Code Red print has some damage (as expected), it's bound to be clearer/more detailed; and as you said more filmlike.

17. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

does the code red dvd of redeemer have a dvd menu?

18. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Yep.

19. bloodthrill

bloodthrill New Member

Sorry if I missed something, but where is everybody getting their Redeemer copy so early?

20. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

Through pre-ordering. Sometimes when you pre-order something it comes early. And this menu for The Redeemer, is it a Septic Cinema menu?