The Ranger. Punk rock slasher film

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by fceurich39, Jan 6, 2019.

1. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Seen mostly positive reviews on this one looks cool. Walmart exclusive DVD only 9.96 Its produced by Larry Fessenden's Glass eye pix which most films from them I like. May get this

2. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

This played at Toronto After Dark and was apparently pretty boring and rather poorly done. Good trailer, but luckily, I somehow figured to stay away.

fceurich39 likes this.
  3. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

I think its only 80 min but from most reviews I've read it takes 30-40 min until it gets going will still check it out.

4. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

It's not a Wal-Mart exclusive, it's on Amazon as well. They've also got a BD-R release. If you want a pressed disc, you'll have to import from Canada.

fceurich39 likes this.
  5. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

That was definitely one of the critiques. It helps if you can fast forward. Mind you, I think I also heard that the film never really gets good. But hey, all of that is more tolerable when watching at home than having to line up and then sit through it in real time.

fceurich39 likes this.
  6. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

It has been available on RedBox for a few months now. I saw it a while back and thought it was fine. It's like a slightly better version of The Tripper. Ultimately, it's pretty generic slasher fare, but I'm a sucker for the sub-genre so I was totally fine with that. I might grab the blu-ray if I can find it for cheap enough.

fceurich39 likes this.
  7. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Plus, isn't it a little late (like about 40 years) for a "punk" film to be relevant?

Hell, I saw original punkers X a week ago, and the guitarist has to sit on a stool because he can't stand for long periods of time due to his second fight with cancer (and keep fighting it, Billy!). In other words, punk rockers are senior citizens now. (by the way, X still rocked, Billy Zoom included)