The Prophecy (1995) Region 2

Discussion in 'General' started by froggydogg69, Aug 22, 2004.

1. froggydogg69

froggydogg69 New Member

Has anyone seen the Region 2 version of The Prophecy with the alternate opening sequence? What does this scene consist of and is it better than the original opening?

2. Behemoth

Behemoth Guest

In the version of The Prophecy called God's Army (released in Scandinavia on DVD), the opening shows a little boy (Thomas, played as an adult later in the movie by Elias Koteas) sitting on a swing, while a voice is heard speaking to him - Viggo Mortensen's voice (Lucifer). I can't remember what he says, though. I liked this alternate opening better than the one which is used in the US version.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2004
  3. Joni Backman

Joni Backman New Member

Some other differences:

In the God's Army version for some reason there's no CGI in the scene where
    evil spirit comes out from the mouth of the little girl.

There's some extra dialogue in the scene where two cops talk about missing eyes of one angel. The IMDB's alternate versions doesn't mention this.

There's 4:3 DVD version in Scandinavia which has God's Army title in the cover, but I'm not sure is it the shorter version.

In UK, there's good quality anamorphic DVD of the better (IMO) US / Prophecy version.

4. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

This film deserves a SE. I even liked the sequels, though not nearly as much. Bring back the original artwork as well!
    [​IMG]

5. froggydogg69

froggydogg69 New Member

Interesting. Thanks for the replies everyone. The alternate opening sounds cool, though I really liked the US opening. I may have to hunt down a Region 2 copy to see the other one.

That cover art is cool as hell too, no pun intended.

6. Maybe Dimension will wise up (probably not) and release a box set what with the new direct-to-video Prophecy sequels coming. They were supposed to release a box of the original trilogy a few years ago but it was cancelled and was only supposed to be a repackaging of the already released versions anyway. I just want an anamorphic Prophecy with the extra scenes. I can live without S.E.'s of the sequels.