The Other (1972) & Pretty Poison 9/5/06

Discussion in 'General' started by SilentScreams, Jun 14, 2006.

1. SilentScreams

SilentScreams Member

From DVDJournal.com:

Our friends at Fox kick off their September slate with a new "25th Anniversary" special edition of 1981's Taps starring George C. Scott, Timothy Hutton, Sean Penn, and Tom Cruise — director Harold Becker will provide commentary, while also on hand will be two new featurettes and a retrospective interview with Hutton (Sept. 5). Getting a well-deserved release are individual titles in the "Mel Brooks Collection" — High Anxiety, History of the World Part 1, Robin Hood: Men in Tights, Silent Movie, To Be or Not To Be , The Twelve Chairs, and Young Frankenstein are now listing at retailers for Sept. 5. Also watch for three catalog westerns — Jesse James starring Tyrone Power, The Return of Frank James with Henry Fonda, and Nicolas Ray's The True Story of Jesse James, while horror titles on the slate include Frankenstein Unbound, The Other, Pretty Poison, and Shock Treatment (all Sept. 5).

2. betterdan

betterdan Guest

I've always wanted to see The Other and hear a lot of praise for it so I'll be getting it on release.

3. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I might be picking up Shock Treatment, even though I didn't really care for the film. I hope there are some extras. :)

4. Shokk

Shokk Lord Of The Thighs

The Other is a genuinely creepy film.I look forward to that dvd very much..great news.

5. betterdan

betterdan Guest

You are braver than I. :nervous:

6. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

Awesome news about The Other! Now I'm especially glad I decided to hold off on that R2 disc.

7. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

8. KamuiX

KamuiX The Eighth Samurai

Wow, Let's Scare Jessica to Death and The Other, 2 of my fave VHS gems released on DVD in the same year...about time :D

9. R. I. P.

R. I. P. Member

The release of "Pretty Poison" is also welcome news. Anthony Perkins is his usual stellar self and hottie Tuesday Weld never looked better!