The next remake: Stephen King's IT

Discussion in 'General' started by Workshed, Jun 7, 2006.

1. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

Oh sweet jesus that was terrible. The crowd I saw it with could not stop laughing...and not at the "humour"

2. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

Possibly Dagko na Tawo (2018) at 5 hours and 20 minutes and a budget of about $1.56/minute, though I'm taking IMDB's word that it's a horror film.

Erick H. likes this.
  3. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

I finally got around around to seeing Chapter 2 today - I enjoyed it. I thought it was good but nothing special - and not as good as the first movie. It felt about a half hour too long to me as well. But Ill pick it up on bluray to go along with the first one of course. I did like some of the back and forth from childhood to adults. And the clown still is creepy as hell.

4. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Well-Known Member

I honestly found the best part of IT Chapter 2 being the performances of the main characters, just like the first one, but the chemistry between the children is better. Some of the scare scenes are quite good but because every character has to go on a trip of their own, it somehow gives off a 'checklist effect'.

In the miniseries, the second part is also the weakest and it makes me wonder if the source material isn't at fault. I have read the novel when I was a teenager so I might be wrong here.

Also, the ultimate way in which IT is destroyed is completely ridiculous but I can't remember if it's the same as in the book. Ultimately, for me, like the first one, I enjoyed it well enough, but thought it was too long and I won't be adding it to my collection.

Finally, if they ever attempt to adapt IT again, maybe it would not be a bad idea to change a couple of things. Remember, once David Cronenberg altered the ending of the book for his adaptation of The Dead Zone and it turned out to be better.