The Manitou (1978) coming to DVD

Discussion in 'General' started by Evil Dead Guy, Jan 5, 2005.

1. I don't know if anyone remembers this lost horror film from the late 70's starring Tony Curtis and Burgess Meredith , about a psychic's girlfriend finds out that a lump on her back is a growing reincarnation of a 400 year old demonic Native American indian spirit . I can remember i enjoyed this one when i was a kid , the novel is better though if you have read it . It says that Anchor Bay is releasing this lost film at the end of this year sometime , cannot wait to pick this one .

THE MANITOU (1978) NEW
    Based on the novel by Graham Masterson and featuring an all-star cast, this sci-fi/horror hybrid was the final film from legendary cult filmmaker William Girdler and comes to DVD at last in a fully restored transfer. Expect new extras and special features to accompany this release in late 2005.

Starring: Susan Strasberg, Tony Curtis, Stella Stevens - Director: William Girdler

2. R. I. P.

R. I. P. Member

I'll definitely be in line for this one! Haven't seen it in ages but I certainly remember being creeped out by it. Now, all we need is a long overdue DVD release of "Mausoleum" which stars Marjoe Gortner and the seductive Bobbie Bressie. Many found this to be laughable for the most part but I still think it has it's fair share of frightening moments. Thanks for the info, Evil Dead Guy! ;)

3. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Oh yeah! Now if someone would release Nightwing to DVD I'd be damned happy!

4. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

There is a R2 Mausoleum disc available...I am not sure if it is decent quality though...from what I have heard the label just offers VHS dupes, but it is on amazon.uk and it is pretty cheap. I have always enjoyed this one too! I saw it at the drive-in when it first came out in a double bill with Night of the Zombies! I just showed a friend my VHS copy and he did not see the fun in it...but any movies with demon boobs, Marjoe Gortner, AND Lawanda Page has to have a special place in history!

5. MrVess

MrVess Guest

I'm certainly not interested, unless Graham & Wieska are going to have a commentary track of their own... :)

6. Jamm

Jamm J'aime les cadavres

I'll rent it first. Like R.I.P., I haven't seen this in ages so it will be sort of like watching it for the first time.

7. MrKateB

MrKateB Asshole Extraordinaire

LaWanda Page...Ah yes....I'll never forget her shockingly funny one-liner in the otherwise lame Shakes the Clown...

8. ArrowBeach

ArrowBeach Active Member

which they been lacking of as of late,. they promised special features fo DEATH HUNT when they announced it, but it loks like a movie only with a trailer. :nervous:

9. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

i did not care for this movie that much

10. fceurich39

i found a copy no box art i thought it was kinda good i remember seeing it when i was little and i must of not cared cause i thought it was kinda cool what happened with anchor bay releasing this and superstition?

11. MrKateB

MrKateB Asshole Extraordinaire

Me too!! I loved Nightwing, although I guess for me, I'd have to admit that the parts are better than the whole. The missionary camping scene is classic.

12. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Finally!

source: www.fangoria.com

13. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

At last, The Manitou has a street date! :banana: :banana:

One of my all-time favorite cult horror movies. The scene where Tony Curtis takes off his fake mustache, cracks open the can of Schlitz beer, and gets down with some hardcore disco is priceless! :lol: :lol:

14. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Indeed, finally! Great news. :)

15. ArrowBeach

ArrowBeach Active Member

Too bad there is no extras, and the fact that it is listed as mono, when the film was Dolby Stereo in the theatres. But at least it is in widescreen, thanks God.

16. fceurich39

yeah i recently watched this again i got a taped vhs from lm garnett it was much more entertaining this time around but i still dont think i will get this on dvd though

17. That's great news you found there Hellbilly, i cannot wait when March the 6th comes around. Now all we need now is a street date for Meet the Feebles, it would be nice if Anchor Bay releases Braindead some day.

18. MrVess

MrVess Guest

Street date? This film has been out on DVD for almost a year now...

19. Shokk

Shokk Lord Of The Thighs

I think this is specific to the R1 Anchor Bay release..;)