The Herschell Gordon Lewis Feast (17-Disc Limited Edition Box Set) [Blu-ray + DVD]

Discussion in 'General' started by The Joker, Jan 11, 2017.

1. The Joker

The Joker Well-Known Member

Does anyone own this set? I'd love some feedback on quality.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

I have the sold out Box of Gore version, which is just this set plus a few other limited perks, and it's a must own whether you're an H.G. Lewis fan or just a general horror or exploitation fan. The man is the Godfather of Gore, and basically responsible for paving the path of American independent/exploitation cinema so not sure how you could even question if this set is worth owning. And it's Arrow so quality is top notch, plus 9 of the films making their Blu-ray/high def debut.

A comprenhesive review of the set with screen shots can be found here: http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film5/blu-ray_reviews_73/the_herschell_gordon_lewis_feast_blu-ray.htm

3. The Joker

Thanks a lot man! It looks awesome.

4. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

If you're region-free and you haven't picked this up yet, you can get it delivered to the U.S. for $78.78 from Amazon UK. Better jump on it if you're interested.

The Joker likes this.
  5. The Joker

Thanks for the heads up man. Call me paranoid, but after the debacle with my House: The Complete Collection order, I no longer trust Amazon UK.

6. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, I've placed close to a hundred orders with Amazon UK without a serious issue. Packaging is sometimes dicey, but everything I've ordered has arrived safely. I just got my Lewis box, and it was packaged very securely.

Surely your House experience puts you in a Garp-like position. You've been "pre-disastered." It should be smooth sailing with Amazon UK going forward.

The Joker likes this.
  7. The Joker

I was shocked, honestly, as I've never really had any problem with Amazon at all. But the House set was my first order from Amazon UK, and unfortunately, I think they took pre-orders without confirming their stock. It took several phone calls at strange hours to finally get a refund, and for them to blatantly admit that it would probably never arrive. For regular orders, I'm sure Amazon UK is fine. So maybe I'll try to grab the HGL set. But with pre-orders, I think they've given me PTSD.

8. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Amazon UK has the Arrow 17-disc set for just £45.00 now, which works out to £37.50 minus the VAT = approx $50 US

That's the cheapest I've seen either the US or UK version of the set. I went ahead and ordered one at that price. :eek:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  9. Gore Lunatic

Gore Lunatic Violenza Carnale

[​IMG]
    This is the set I own. I actually missed out on the first initial preorders and was bummed about it. I thought I would never come across this set again, but a month or so after it's release, it showed up on Diabolik DVD's site. I think they only had four or five copies available and I was lucky enough to snag one :). I paid 250 bones for it :eek::confused::oops: but it's all good. I'm really happy to own this set, even though I haven't opened the fucker yet o_O.

Angelman likes this.
  10. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

This is hands down the best set I’ve ever bought or seen, if you were considering it then you can’t go wrong at that Amazon UK price. I’m not holding my breath as the remaining movies from the Herschell Gordon Lewis catalog aren’t as exciting as the ones in this set but I would love to see them do a second volume.

11. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Active Member

that is an insane deal, even though i've ordered so much lately, i... i couldn't pass this up! and i'm not even that big a fan of H.G. Lewis

but seeing some of those flicks again in a superb transfer (instead of some less-than-stellar crap) will be a worthwile revisiting

12. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

I shouldn't be spending money at all, since I don't technically have a job right now, but I had to go in for this set at that price. I have 5 or 6 of the movies already, so I can probably make a tiny bit of money selling those off at least.

13. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I already purchased the Shock and Gore box but would have picked this set up for that price. Unfortunately they already seem to have sold out.

14. Katatonia

Yes, it looks like it has sold out now. I doubted that price (or the stock available) would last too long.

My order is "Shipping Today"

15. Katatonia

^^ it looks like Amazon UK have added the set again at £45.00 with new stock arriving on 10/10.

16. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

Aw shit, even I ordered it. Thanks for the heads-up, Kat.

17. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I placed an order today as well. I'll probably leave the shock and gore box sealed and open this to watch the movies.

18. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

It's damaged goods, and this is a fire sale.

Yeah, I had to buy it.

19. Katatonia

I received my set from Amazon UK earlier, double boxed and it arrived mint.

Damn, this thing is truly massive in dimensions! :eek: I knew it was large and oversized, but it's taller and thicker than I thought it was.

Apparently the only difference between the UK and US sets are that the UK set has a "Rating" and the "UPC" sticker on the outside of the plastic wrap.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017