The Funhouse

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Cujo108, Nov 18, 2003.

1. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    I always thought the sequence where the monster is pulling Amy toward the grinding gears was well done and very scary. I love the music and all that screaming. The editing is top-knotch as well - doing the flashing atmosphere pretty good justice.
    The version shown on A&E just butchered that sequence and completely ruined it...including putting sound cues in the wrong places.
    This is the one Universal release I'm hoping they re-issue in Anamorphic widescreen and restore the excellent theatrical trailer too (it has to be one of the best horror trailers ever created).

2. WesReviews

WesReviews Active Member

Are you guys sure this is based on the Koontz book?

I looked it up at Amazon and the plot of Koontz's book sounds nothing like this movie at all.

3. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Absolutely. Koontz talks about the movie in an interesting afterward in the back of the book.

I haven't read it yet (although I plan to very soon since I loved the movie), but I do own it. He says that he only started using the screenplay until halfway through the book, since movies are shallow compared to novels and just using the screenplay wouldn't provide a lot of the depth that a novel demands. The only thing I don't like about the afterward is that he made the movie sound terrible, because it didn't do the greatest at the box office and seemingly disappeared after it's release. :(

Oh and another question about the movie, because I can't quite remember. Wasn't the music done by Pino Donaggio?

4. Tawny

Tawny You guys got sour balls?

No the music was actually from some guy, John Beal.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2003